Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Start Driskel!
(11-11-2018, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Starting Driskell is just silly, but hopefully, we employ him similarly to the way NO employs #7. If the Saints can replace Brees for a few plays each week we can probably risk replacing Andy in the same fashion.

I don't think it is all that silly, I mean who knows, maybe Driskell can see and make throws that Andy doesn't. He does have stronger arm, and having the rpo option at times could come in handy.

Eh I am just grasping at anything at this point I guess.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 09:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "Andy forces it too much" - "Andy doesn't force it enough". Meh.

Dalton forces it too much to AJ and needs to force it to Tate more is like saying someone plays the Beatles too often and should spend more time forcing everyone to listen to Yoko Ono's solo crap.
Reply/Quote
Dalton drives me nuts. After 8 years and he still looks like a rookie at times. A starting QB for 8 years and we still can't trust him or have any confidence in him to make the players around him better, yet the thought of moving on from Dalton still makes some here act like it's the craziest idea ever. This team needs to move on from this Lewis/Dalton shit show if we want to have any hope of being a true contender. We are stuck with Brown but we shouldn't accept that his inept trickle down to the coaches and leaders on the field.

Stop the Brown trickle, Fire Lewis and start Driskel!
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 09:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Dalton drives me nuts. After 8 years and he still looks like a rookie at times. A starting QB for 8 years and we still can't trust him or have any confidence in him to make the players around him better, yet the thought of moving on from Dalton still makes some here act like it's the craziest idea ever. This team needs to move on from this Lewis/Dalton shit show if we want to have any hope of being a true contender. We are stuck with Brown but we shouldn't accept that his inept trickle down to the coaches and leaders on the field.

In all fairness, Dalton looks like a decent vet QB who is languishing his career away with an organization/owner/HC that have a history of bad to mediocre results.  I'm not saying Dalton is awesome any more than I thought Palmer was awesome...but the question is, IF you think Dalton is the main guy at fault here then who is the next franchise QB that Marvin gets?
Reply/Quote
TUA 2020!
Reply/Quote
I would not mind using him like Hill in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 09:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Dalton drives me nuts. After 8 years and he still looks like a rookie at times. A starting QB for 8 years and we still can't trust him or have any confidence in him to make the players around him better, yet the thought of moving on from Dalton still makes some here act like it's the craziest idea ever. This team needs to move on from this Lewis/Dalton shit show if we want to have any hope of being a true contender. We are stuck with Brown but we shouldn't accept that his inept trickle down to the coaches and leaders on the field.

I knew it was a matter of time before posts like these would pop up. Every damn year people want to start anyone but Dalton. It's flat out ridiculous. Even in a year when our defense is going to be the worst defense in NFL history, people want to make Dalton the scapegoat. It's really, really sad.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 09:52 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I knew it was a matter of time before posts like these would pop up. Every damn year people want to start anyone but Dalton. It's flat out ridiculous. Even in a year when our defense is going to be the worst defense in NFL history, people want to make Dalton the scapegoat. It's really, really sad.

That's NFL fandom for ya.  Any time you have a QB over the age of 28 or so and he has 0 SB rings you're going to get people claiming that we need to play (anyone else) because we "know" (current QB) won't win it all.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 09:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's NFL fandom for ya.  Any time you have a QB over the age of 28 or so and he has 0 SB rings you're going to get people claiming that we need to play (anyone else) because we "know" (current QB) won't win it all.

While I completely understand what you're saying, this is how our fanbase has been since Day 1 with Andy Dalton. He's the ONLY QB in the NFL not allowed to have a bad game, throw an incomplete pass, turn the ball over or anything. Seriously, it seems as if some Bengals fans think he is the only QB in the League that has any of that happen.
Reply/Quote
Ok i was joking, do I think Driskel is the answer? Heck no. The problem is Dalton isn't either. This team has bigger issues right now but even if we had a top 10 defense I think it's fair to say most would not be confident that Dalton can get this team to the promise land. Well they are dead but still. Again we have bigger needs right now, I'm just done with Dalton and Marvin. Dalton just dosent have it, at least under this coach. Maybe he would play with more confidence under another coach, who knows.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:00 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: While I completely understand what you're saying, this is how our fanbase has been since Day 1 with Andy Dalton. He's the ONLY QB in the NFL not allowed to have a bad game, throw an incomplete pass, turn the ball over or anything. Seriously, it seems as if some Bengals fans think he is the only QB in the League that has any of that happen.

There’s a guy here that complains about Aaron freaking Rodgers.

QB’s get the majority of the credit or the blame. It’s not unique to Bengals fans.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:00 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: While I completely understand what you're saying, this is how our fanbase has been since Day 1 with Andy Dalton. He's the ONLY QB in the NFL not allowed to have a bad game, throw an incomplete pass, turn the ball over or anything. Seriously, it seems as if some Bengals fans think he is the only QB in the League that has any of that happen.

Nah, this is all pretty standard stuff.  I've lived in Pittsburgh, Chicago, and I hang around this board and I'll tell you every QB those teams have had has been despised at some point or another by some fans.  It's the nature of the position.  Football fans tend to love any QB who has won a SB within the past 3 years, get bored with a QB who has more than 10 starts who hasn't won a SB, and look at the bench and imagine 2 or 3 "Tom Brady's" waiting in the wings.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s a guy here that complains about Aaron freaking Rodgers.

QB’s get the majority of the credit or the blame. It’s not unique to Bengals fans.

Agreed.  I'm 99% sure if you look at any team's message board you'll find at least one thread complaining that they didn't get Pat Mahommes or Watson, and so on and so forth.  A few years ago fans of any team that wasn't headed deep in the playoffs was looking to "Get our Dak Prescott in the 3rd or 4th round next year" and looking to "Trade a 1st for Foles?" this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:03 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Ok i was joking, do I think Driskel is the answer? Heck no. The problem is Dalton isn't either. This team has bigger issues right now but even if we had a top 10 defense I think it's fair to say most would not be confident that Dalton can get this team to the promise land. Well they are dead but still. Again we have bigger needs right now, I'm just done with Dalton and Marvin. Dalton just dosent have it, at least under this coach. Maybe he would play with more confidence under another coach, who knows.

See, I can go with this. Why didn't you start out saying it like this? Hilarious 

In all seriousness, it may be time to start over. Lewis definitely needs to go and a new HC should be able to pick his QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:08 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: See, I can go with this. Why didn't you start out saying it like this? Hilarious 

In all seriousness, it may be time to start over. Lewis definitely needs to go and a new HC should be able to pick his QB.

I think it's more likely we use a QB reboot as an excuse to keep Marvin Lewis around than we are to hit the reset button.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s a guy here that complains about Aaron freaking Rodgers.

I understand all of that. I'm just saying Dalton has dealt with a split fan base since he was drafted. That's just not true of every QB and fan base in the league. Yes, there will always be fans who question their QB and QBs will always get the heat or glory. How many other fan bases boo their QB at a celebrity softball game during the All-Star game or hang banners about how they want someone else to start? Those things are unique to Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nah, this is all pretty standard stuff.  I've lived in Pittsburgh, Chicago, and I hang around this board and I'll tell you every QB those teams have had has been despised at some point or another by some fans.  It's the nature of the position.  Football fans tend to love any QB who has won a SB within the past 3 years, get bored with a QB who has more than 10 starts who hasn't won a SB, and look at the bench and imagine 2 or 3 "Tom Brady's" waiting in the wings.

Fair enough. I live in the Nashville area now and most of their fans believe Mariota can walk on water.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:12 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Fair enough. I live in the Nashville area now and most of their fans believe Mariota can walk on water.

He's making about $700k right now.  When he's making $21 million next year...different kettle o' fish.  If he doesn't make an AFC Championship game before 2021 the bloom will be off the rose. As soon as a QB gets that big contract he goes from being a tough-nosed kid to a spoiled, overpaid veteran bum to a portion of the fanbase.

Look at Raiders fans and Derek Carr. They were skeptical when he was a rookie, then they loved the guy. He gets a big contract and now they are laughing at what a brittle crybaby he is and they're dying to unload him for two first round picks on some QB needy team.
Reply/Quote
It was talked about last year on rapien and goodberry podcast ( not this year yet ) , that you either need elite coaching or an elite qb ,possibly both like new england. I dont think we have either. And need to get atleast one. We had an elite qb at one time in carson, until his knee got hurt, marvin had a chance at a ring there but steelers had to be dirty.
Reply/Quote

You are delusional.  Put down the drink and get some sleep.  Come back tomorrow and post with a clear head.

I'm okay with replacing Marvin but if you think Driskel is the answer we need to take your temp.
Reply/Quote