Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk Linebackers
(02-29-2016, 03:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sucks about Jaylon, RRL says he might never play again. Like Lattimore.

Darron Lee or Deion Jones would be great for us. I agree that i don't really like Ragland for our teams needs.

We need an athletic LB'er not a thumper.

That's why Myles Jack stood out to me.

Looked kind of lean, which had me concerned, and didn't workout at the combine, and is coming off injury, but if that allows him to fall to the second, I think we have to grab him.  He doesn't have the thick frame, as I mentioned, but he seems like a great fit with his athletic ability in the pass-happy NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 12:25 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think I've read Hobson write about Lewis wanting LB's in the 240+ range. Might be a bad taste from the like of Landon Johnson and Caleb Miller when we tried to go smaller and speedier and they just got hurt and couldn't stop the run.

You're probably right.   One of those guys might have blended well with Burfict and Maualuga though.  Getting someone like Deion Jones or Miles Killebrew might be a nice fit with our current set.

Kentrell Brothers ran an atrocious 40, but looked good in the other drills and might be there in 3rd now and has the size Marvin likes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 02:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's why Myles Jack stood out to me.

Looked kind of lean, which had me concerned, and didn't workout at the combine, and is coming off injury, but if that allows him to fall to the second, I think we have to grab him.  He doesn't have the thick frame, as I mentioned, but he seems like a great fit with his athletic ability in the pass-happy NFL.

If Myles Jack falls to pick 24, you jump on him then. No chance in Hell he makes it to the second. There isn't even a chance he makes it to 24, especially due to Jaylon Smith's medicals from the combine reducing the number of elite LBs that can come in and immediately contribute as rookies.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If Jaylon Smith is there in the second round I think we should roll the dice on him. If he is able to come back 100% even a year from now he will be a huge impact on this defense. He's exactly the type of LB we need right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 08:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We have one of the best LBs in the league. And a prototype thumping 4-3 MLB. We just drafted one early last year who was considered by some to be the best LB in the draft. 

If we want coverage ability we put another DB out there. If we get Nelson and Iloka back what do we do with Williams? He showed well last year. If we really want to be trendy with an undersized athletic LB who can cover there is the answer.

Why give up on a 3rd round pick after 1 year who we dont even know if he can play? If he turns out to be as good as what people thought he would be we have a solid starting 3. And 3 will be on the field only about 50% of the time. 

Kirk barely got on the field his first year. Neither did dennard. Neither did ogbuehi neither did fisher. That is SOP. 

We barely missed having the #1 scoring D in the league. So we can make it work with our "unathletic" LBs.

Burfict is amazing, but he plays super aggressive. That's why he can cover ground so well. Rey Maualuga is nothing to write home about. He can be replaced, but we have no one on the bench that can push him. We have no clue what we have in Dawson because he sucks in practice. Paulie G even said that he needs to act like more of a pro to get on the field. Even then, he's a better thumper than coverage LB.

It'd just be nice to have an athletic LB on the field that can cover space in a short amount of time.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 01:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So our best hope is to take a big, athletic LB. 

Reggie Ragland
Joshua Perry
BJ Goodsen
Joe Schobert

This guy  ^^^^
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

There's no way Jack comes close to falling to the 2nd. He's a sure fire 1st round pick even with injury. I haven't seen a mock draft with him falling out of the top 10.

He's the #1 LB and his injury isn't going to scare people away.

Sadly, he won't be there at 24.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

I don't see how Jack falls to the 2nd round. If he is there at 24 you take the dude.

He is exactly what we need and one of the best players in this Draft. Doubt he falls to 15 let alone 24 though even with the injury.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 08:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We have one of the best LBs in the league. And a prototype thumping 4-3 MLB. We just drafted one early last year who was considered by some to be the best LB in the draft. 

If we want coverage ability we put another DB out there. If we get Nelson and Iloka back what do we do with Williams? He showed well last year. If we really want to be trendy with an undersized athletic LB who can cover there is the answer.

Why give up on a 3rd round pick after 1 year who we dont even know if he can play? If he turns out to be as good as what people thought he would be we have a solid starting 3. And 3 will be on the field only about 50% of the time. 

Kirk barely got on the field his first year. Neither did dennard. Neither did ogbuehi neither did fisher. That is SOP. 

We barely missed having the #1 scoring D in the league. So we can make it work with our "unathletic" LBs.

BAM!  Agree 100%
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 03:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Myles Jack falls to pick 24, you jump on him then. No chance in Hell he makes it to the second. There isn't even a chance he makes it to 24, especially due to Jaylon Smith's medicals from the combine reducing the number of elite LBs that can come in and immediately contribute as rookies.

myles jack dropping ? lmao that guy won't make it out of top 5 probably

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If Lee is there at 24 id take him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm all for a top LB, and we haven't drafted one in a while. ........but, I keep reading Bengals talking a WR at the top because they might lose both Jones and Sanu. That would indeed force a top WR. .......I hope they can keep them and be able to take a top LB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't sleep on this guy:
ILB Luke Rhodes William & Mary
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 08:43 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wouldn't sleep on this guy:
ILB Luke Rhodes William & Mary

The other guy I really like - who unfortunately ran a 4.89 at the combine is Kentrell Brothers.  His numbers are fantastic and his other measurable are very good - especially his short shuttle.

He'd be a nice SAM prospect for us at 245 llbs. and could fall to 87 with that 40.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 04:57 PM)3wt Wrote: The other guy I really like - who unfortunately ran a 4.89 at the combine is Kentrell Brothers.  His numbers are fantastic and his other measurable are very good - especially his short shuttle.

He'd be a nice SAM prospect for us at 245 llbs. and could fall to 87 with that 40.

You never can tell.  Some guys just can't turn on the juice for a timed, straight line run.  But, in the heat of the game, they play much fast then they time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 05:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You never can tell.  Some guys just can't turn on the juice for a timed, straight line run.  But, in the heat of the game, they play much fast then they time.

His tape says he can.  I like him better than most of the linebackers I've seen on tape
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Rhodes and Brothers should be on our list for sure.

Never judge a player on his forty...

Look at Burfict for example.
Reply/Quote
We need speed at LB so two guys I would strongly consider would be Jatavis Brown from Akron and Travis Feeney from Washington.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2016, 02:53 PM)J24 Wrote: We need speed at LB so two guys I would strongly consider would be Jatavis Brown from Akron and Travis Feeney from Washington.

Good ones. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I don't see the team taking a LB like Cravens or Deion Jones. The Bengals haven't schemed for a player like that since Mays a few years ago and that didn't work well.

Starting LBs next year will be Burfict, Maualuga (like him or not), and Dawson. Rey and maybe Hawk in reserve. Lamur is very likely gone. That means a developmental, sleeper type guy most likely.

I wouldn't mind Lee in the 1st but he's not my first choice there; I'd rather a DT. I have liked Wright or Perry in the 3rd or 4th round. A sleeper to think about is Nick Vigil.
Reply/Quote