Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's be real...
Let's be real for a moment. It's been said a few different times over the last 3-4 years that Mike has taken a step back and has essentially handed over a lot of power to Marvin, Tobin and Katie. It's no longer 1999 the franchise has a different makeup.

So why is Mike taking a lot of the share of the blame while Tobin and Katie get away without blame?
Reply/Quote
Direct quote from Katie in this article from March, 2016...

And on the other side of it with my dad, he is involved in everything still, but he steps back and counts on us to really carry the ball on most things these days.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/25/nfl-katie-blackburn-cincinnati-bengals

He is INVOLVED in EVERYTHING He steps back and counts on us to carry the ball on MOST things.

Translation; he has trained us to do things like he wants them done, but just lets us do them FOR him, making sure we stay in line!!!
Reply/Quote
It all starts at the top, until Mike Brown is in his grave he will get the blame and rightfully so.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 04:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Direct quote from Katie in this article from March, 2016...

And on the other side of it with my dad, he is involved in everything still, but he steps back and counts on us to really carry the ball on most things these days.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/25/nfl-katie-blackburn-cincinnati-bengals

He is INVOLVED in EVERYTHING  He steps back and counts on us to carry the ball on MOST things.

Translation; he has trained us to do things like he wants them done, but just lets us do them FOR him, making sure we stay in line!!!

Of course he is involved in everything it's still his football team and his hobby. I don't know why you didn't talk more about the most important part of your direct quote.

"but he steps back and counts on us to really carry the ball on most things these days."

That basically proves my point carrying the ball on most things implies that while he is still involved but they do a lot of the heavy lifting.

Here's another article

Mike Brown says Marvin Lewis Katie Blackburn now run the team

Quote:Bengals owner Mike Brown, the son of team founder Paul Brown, has been so heavily involved in running the team that Mike Brown paid himself a $1 million General Manager bonus from 1991 through at least 2009. In the future, any such bonus could be going to someone else.

Brown tells Joe Danneman of FOX 19 that Brown no longer runs the show.

“They’re doing it now,” Brown said of his daughter, Katie Blackburn, and coach Marvin Lewis. “The ball’s been essentially handed off.”

Lewis told Danneman that Brown remains heavily involved, with Brown at the team facility “seven days a week.”

Even if Brown has handed off the ball, he deserves some of the praise for the team’s three consecutive playoff appearances. On that point, Brown opted for humility and self-deprecation.

“Do I take credit for that?” Brown said of the team’s success. “I wasn’t out there taking credit when it wasn’t going well, so maybe I ought to shut up and not take credit when it’s gone a little better.”

Even though things have improved, the Bengals still haven’t won a playoff game since the week before the January 1991 loss to the Raiders in a game far better known for a career-ending hip injury to one of the best running backs the game briefly saw.  This year, the Bengals hope to finally shed what very well could be the curse of Bo Jackson.

(12-19-2016, 04:21 PM)corpjet Wrote: It all starts at the top, until Mike Brown is in his grave he will get the blame and rightfully so.......

Even if it's a front and Katie, Tobin and Marvin are making a lot of the decisions?
Reply/Quote
So he's let go of the reigns and moved over to the passenger side of the Stage Coach, so what ?

You think for a second the driver doesn't still turn to Mike and ask which way to go next ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote