Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's clear up this Trump/Dictator narrative.
(06-29-2024, 12:51 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

we can only hope.  I would love to be wrong

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2024, 01:05 PM)pally Wrote: we can only hope.  I would love to be wrong

That has been the pattern..
Reply/Quote
Obama bragged "I have a pen, and I have a telephone". Every POTUS has lamented the checks & balances and the "obstructing party" blocking their agenda at one point or another. And the last 5-6 or more of Presidents have gradually taken more and more power, which an ineffective Congress has been all too happy to cede.

At least this SCOTUS seems intent on ending legislating from the bench and addressing executive over reach. It's a start.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2024, 05:26 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: "Trust me, I Googled Binged it" is hardly very convincing.

Trump has worked to weaken our institutions. Our legislative branch is as weak as it has ever been in modern times. More and more power has been transferred to the executive branch over the years. And both party's proclivity to stack the courts with "their guys" has also eroded confidence in our judiciary. The eroding of those checks and balances and sinking into dictatorship is a tale as old as time from Alexander to Chávez.

Denying that Trump presents a threat to our institutions and to our democracy is no different than denying that Biden has a significantly impaired mental capacity. The difference is that Trump is surrounded by sycophants and bootlickers that are too afraid to challenge him. A second Trump term will be little more than a revenge tour. Trump is too much of a sociopathic narcissist to give two squirts of piss about anyone other than himself. And people still falling in line behind him and not realizing that is pathetic. 

WTF do you think Biden has been doing for the last 4 years? 
I guess if I was on the left, i'd look at the same as you. From my viewpoint, Biden's been weakening the system, putting his people in place and even is trying to protect them legally from Trump replacing them. If people that work for the Gov would just do their jobs legally and stop trying to act like they have the power to interpret the laws to fit their personal agenda. Just do your dang job and if you have an issue, take it up the chain of command or go protest off hours. 

If you aren't going to do your job, you need to be replaced. Just like that Idoit Kim Davis from KY that wouldn't sign off on Gay Marriage Licenses when it's her job to do so. Genius lost her re-election and got sued for not doing her job for over a quarter of a mil. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote