Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Let's examine Biden record on the economy
(04-26-2023, 09:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Umm, the topic is Biden on the economy..  Rambling references toward a former President have nothing to do with how the current POTUS is doing with the US economy.

To be fair it was always only nominally on Biden and the economy.  The OP listed 13 bullet points about how horrible Biden has been only 4 of those were on the economy

Joe is not the end all to be all...far from it.  However, he is 10,000% better than his predecessor and likely 2024 opponent.  

And for all their complaining I have yet to hear actual SOLUTIONS from the GOP.  Trump is too busy whining about 2020 and the other Republicans are too busy trying to explain why they are different from Trump without actually refuting anything he says.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 10:00 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: It could have been. If it had been created by a neutral poster who doesn't change his personal story or arguments to fit his narrative. 

I will keep the situations I described simple for you. I don’t recall saying I lost a percentage of my IRA, I did say Imlost $800K and others I know have lost almost half of their retirement since around August of 2021. Biden’s action on assaulting the oil and gas industry played a huge role. it caused cost of goods including food prices to sky rocket and inflation to accelerate.
I brought up my house to show great economic decisions by Florida (1state and not US) saw housing prices sky rocket. why?
My new neighbors were from Boston, NY, NJ, Minn. Illinois and even California. why did they move here? Simple, it was cheaper to retire here with no city or state taxes and homes are far more affordable than the Democratic cities and states they left.
So, no. Biden have zero to do with me making a lot of money on real estate, the highly taxed liberal states helped me a lot. so thank you to those who decide to leave because they were taxed excessively and the cost per square foot in those states versus Florida is extremely high.

It is easy to attack a person for their beliefs, but I urge you to ask your friends and relatives and small business owners, are you better financially today than you were under Trump?
Are you children better educated today after the school shutdowns than they were prior to being removed from the classrooom. All is not equal, governors controlled pandemic decisions and the ones like Florida and other GOP governors who got kids back in classrooms, opened up lobbies in restaurant and pulled the trigger quicker won. Those like NYC, SF, Chicago and many others lost.

The funny thing is the states like Florida help the US numbers in spite of Biden wanting to shut down the country longer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
You talk about money a lot.  Have you ever considered becoming a rapper?

And to actually answer a question, I would be better off financially now than I was when Trump was in office, but when democrats tried to provide me with student loan debt relief the GOP blocked it.  It would have been nice to have $20k worth of side money to invest or save or put into the economy, but what can ya do?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 11:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will keep the situations I described simple for you. I don’t recall saying I lost a percentage of my IRA, I did say Imlost $800K and others I know have lost almost half of their retirement since around August of 2021. Biden’s action on assaulting the oil and gas industry played a huge role. it caused cost of goods including food prices to sky rocket and inflation to accelerate.
I brought up my house to show great economic decisions by Florida (1state and not US) saw housing prices sky rocket. why?
My new neighbors were from Boston, NY, NJ, Minn. Illinois and even California. why did they move here? Simple, it was cheaper to retire here with no city or state taxes and homes are far more affordable than the Democratic cities and states they left.

So, no. Biden have zero to do with me making a lot of money on real estate, the highly taxed liberal states helped me a lot. so thank you to those who decide to leave because they were taxed excessively and the cost per square foot in those states versus Florida is extremely high.

It is easy to attack a person for their beliefs, but I urge you to ask your friends and relatives and small business owners, are you better financially today than you were under Trump?
Are you children better educated today after the school shutdowns than they were prior to being removed from the classrooom. All is not equal, governors controlled pandemic decisions and the ones like Florida and other GOP governors who got kids back in classrooms, opened up lobbies in restaurant and pulled the trigger quicker won. Those like NYC, SF, Chicago and many others lost.

The funny thing is the states like Florida help the US numbers in spite of Biden wanting to shut down the country longer.

Florida:

Quote:Home prices in Florida are increasing, but not rapidly. From December 2021 to December 2022, the median sales price for houses in Florida grew by 9.6%.Feb 28, 2023

Illinois:

Quote:Median sale price increased 8.6% from December 2021, when it was $195,200 to December 2022, when it was $212,000.Jan 19, 2023

Minnesota:

Quote:According to Neighborhoodscout, Minnesota's median home value is around $297,269. The real estate appreciation rate in Minnesota in the quarter (2021 Q4 – 2022 Q1) was 2.28%. In the last twelve months (2021 Q1 – 2022 Q1), it has been 14.87%.Mar 14, 2023

California:

Quote:Overall, homes in California are slightly less expensive than they were one year ago — but only very slightly. According to data from the California Association of Realtors (CAR), the median single family home sold for $777,500 in November 2022, compared to $782,480 in November 2021.Jan 18, 2023

New Jersey:

Quote:Home prices across the state rose by 12% in 2020 and another 15% in 2021. They are expected to increase by 5% in 2022, which is still significant, yet not quite as dramatic in comparison.Jan 1, 2023

New York:
Quote:New York City Median Sale Price

Year
Q1: $708,000
Q2: $770,000

Q1: $759,000
Q2: $765,000

US:

Quote:U.S. House Prices Rise 8.4 Percent over the Last Year; Up 0.3 Percent from the Third Quarter. Washington, D.C. – U.S. house prices rose 8.4 percent between the fourth quarters of 2021 and 2022, according to the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) House Price Index (FHFA HPI).

Boston...not a state.

Anyway, assuming you are telling the truth you made a little more than the national average (give or take based on individual locations).

And Florida does a low tax burden (thanks Disney/tourism!) so you get that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 11:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The funny thing is the states like Florida help the US numbers in spite of Biden wanting to shut down the country longer.

Well, based on the numbers Florida provides, which we know are suspect.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 01:38 PM)pally Wrote: Sand oil is basically dirty sludge. It is polluting to drill, dirtier than other grades to process, and burns dirtier.  The pipeline threatened vulnerable water sources for native tribes in the Dakotas.  

And this is what it looks like leaking out of the Keystone Pipeline in North Dakota
[Image: keystone-pipeline-spill.jpg]

South Dakota

[Image: Oil-Spill-Keystone-green-energy-brief.jp...&strip=all]
And Kansas

[Image: Keystone-oil-spill.jpg]

The mainstream media play down how these spills create local clean up jobs.
Reply/Quote
Inflation is now down to 4.6-4.9%(3-3.5% is normal) heading into the summer months when we will see Biden's Billion $ infrastructure package really start to unfold.  This puts Americans to work full circle and will create a tremendous amount of tax revenue b/c these American construction companies will have to hire American Union workers that will use American-made goods and materials.  All the while, using American rail and trucking industries for the logistics to move said goods and materials.  These policies implemented by the Biden administration will have inflation back in check and the economy roaring heading into 2024. 

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/inflation-cpi

source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 02:23 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Inflation is now down to 4.6-4.9%(3-3.5% is normal) heading into the summer months when we will see Biden's Billion $ infrastructure package really start to unfold.  This puts Americans to work full circle and will create a tremendous amount of tax revenue b/c these American construction companies will have to hire American Union workers that will use American-made goods and materials.  All the while, using American rail and trucking industries for the logistics to move said goods and materials.  These policies implemented by the Biden administration will have inflation back in check and the economy roaring heading into 2024. 

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/inflation-cpi

source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

If the past quarter century has taught us anything, the Biden administration will get our country back to a solid, sustainable path.

And then a republican administration will blow it all to hell.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 09:14 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If the past quarter century has taught us anything, the Biden administration will get our country back to a solid, sustainable path.

And then a republican administration will blow it all to hell.

Exactly, Republicans say gov't doesn't work, then they get elected and prove it. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 11:06 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Exactly, Republicans say gov't doesn't work, then they get elected and prove it. 

Keep loving that Biden inflation, you may not be too bright, but the citizens of the US when polled tell us the Biden economy sucks. This is on him based on his policy decisions., not Trump or anyone from the GOP as he had both houses year 1 and 2.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 04:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Keep loving that Biden inflation, you may not be too bright, but the citizens of the US when polled tell us the Biden economy sucks. This is on him based on his policy decisions., not Trump or anyone from the GOP as he had both houses year 1 and 2.

Personally I think it's great the economy sucks.  Folks these days have it too good and it's time they realize life isn't one big party.  I had it hard, and I turned out ok, so here is to the character-building hard times bring.  When things are too prosperous people get soft.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 04:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Keep loving that Biden inflation, you may not be too bright, but the citizens of the US when polled tell us the Biden economy sucks. This is on him based on his policy decisions., not Trump or anyone from the GOP as he had both houses year 1 and 2.

What policy choices did he make that caused the inflation? Please make sure you can actually provide a causal link, as well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Biden's policy decisions are affecting inflation rates around the world.

Brazil 
https://www.bing.com/search?q=inflation+in+brazil+2023&qs=UT&pq=inflation+in+brazil+2023&sc=6-24&cvid=76E68C379FBF4652B2F4051E866C688E&FORM=QBRE&sp=1&lq=0

France
https://tradingeconomics.com/france/inflation-cpi#:~:text=Annual%20inflation%20rate%20in%20France%20rose%20to%205.9%25,vs%2015.9%25%29%20and%20manufactured%20products%20%284.7%25%20vs%204.8%25%29.

Japan https://tradingeconomics.com/japan/inflation-cpi

Nigeria https://tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/inflation-cpi

It's because Biden canceled the Keystone Pipeline.

Inflation is only going down in countries that don't like Biden, Like Russia and China.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 05:21 PM)Dill Wrote: Biden's policy decisions are affecting inflation rates around the world.

Brazil 
https://www.bing.com/search?q=inflation+in+brazil+2023&qs=UT&pq=inflation+in+brazil+2023&sc=6-24&cvid=76E68C379FBF4652B2F4051E866C688E&FORM=QBRE&sp=1&lq=0

France
https://tradingeconomics.com/france/inflation-cpi#:~:text=Annual%20inflation%20rate%20in%20France%20rose%20to%205.9%25,vs%2015.9%25%29%20and%20manufactured%20products%20%284.7%25%20vs%204.8%25%29.

Japan https://tradingeconomics.com/japan/inflation-cpi

Nigeria https://tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/inflation-cpi

It's because Biden canceled the Keystone Pipeline.

Inflation is only going down in countries that don't like Biden, Like Russia and China.

We don't need any facts around these parts!

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 05:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Personally I think it's great the economy sucks.  Folks these days have it too good and it's time they realize life isn't one big party.  I had it hard, and I turned out ok, so here is to the character-building hard times bring.  When things are too prosperous people get soft.

Agree. Not that it's ok our economy sucks and looks to get worse, but people are being spoiled. Most kids in the last 20yrs have been coddled and ignored without discipline. No wonder they're so friggin confused and lack social skills. Cell phones are the parents and equal to a heartbeat to most. You and I could live without it pretty quickly and probably find our lives better because of it. Most people couldn't. 

The economy is not Biden's fault. It's the reckless spending by both parties. Biden is just the face of the nation. Embarrassing and incompetent yes, to blame, no. 

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 05:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree. Not that it's ok our economy sucks and looks to get worse, but people are being spoiled. Most kids in the last 20yrs have been coddled and ignored without discipline. No wonder they're so friggin confused and lack social skills. Cell phones are the parents and equal to a heartbeat to most. You and I could live without it pretty quickly and probably find our lives better because of it. Most people couldn't. 

The economy is not Biden's fault. It's the reckless spending by both parties. Biden is just the face of the nation. Embarrassing and incompetent yes, to blame, no. 

The biggest problem we have right now is that we have had politicians unwilling to do what needed to be done during economic upswings: raise taxes and cut spending. Those aren't popular things and as a result we've neglected that part of the Keynesian equation. Sure, everyone calls for decreased spending by the government but when push comes to shove they aren't willing to give up the programs. So instead of doing those things we have constantly lowered taxes and increased spending which reduces our capability to battle economic downturns.

The people making the decisions haven't been willing to make the tough choices and as a result our people have been spoiled and will be hit even harder when a recession comes we can't fight.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 09:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: Seems like a reasonable response saying Biden is clearly better than Trump (his likely opponent) based on the things Trump inspired on January 6th.  

You put too much faith on January 6th as the Trump killer. The 1/6 card is monumentally overplayed. 

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 05:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The biggest problem we have right now is that we have had politicians unwilling to do what needed to be done during economic upswings: raise taxes and cut spending. Those aren't popular things and as a result we've neglected that part of the Keynesian equation. Sure, everyone calls for decreased spending by the government but when push comes to shove they aren't willing to give up the programs. So instead of doing those things we have constantly lowered taxes and increased spending which reduces our capability to battle economic downturns.

I can buy a lot of this.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 05:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree. Not that it's ok our economy sucks and looks to get worse, but people are being spoiled. Most kids in the last 20yrs have been coddled and ignored without discipline. No wonder they're so friggin confused and lack social skills. Cell phones are the parents and equal to a heartbeat to most. You and I could live without it pretty quickly and probably find our lives better because of it. Most people couldn't. 

I actually think a lot of old people are spoiled and coddled and that's why you see so many old people these days getting duped and scammed and having tens of thousands of dollars to blow on nonsense BS and scams and other crap.

This country is full of overfed lazy dolts who never had to face a fraction of the hardship people face in shithole countries every day.  We need to be brought down a peg so we can all be poor and tough and resilient.  Also, we need to cut taxes for the ultra wealthy.  

(05-04-2023, 05:45 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You put too much faith on January 6th as the Trump killer. The 1/6 card is monumentally overplayed. 

Well you may be right seeing as how Trump lost his re-election before 1/6 happened.  On a serious note, I'd say that 1/6 may have zero effect upon the Trump or die types, but I don't think losing by a bunch and then saying you won and tacitly starting a riot is a solid strategy to win the support of the independents.  Right now the GOP has a problem where their base loves stuff that turns off moderate voters.
Reply/Quote
I’ll be interested to see if the MAGA house lets the US default. I think they want the economy to crash and all the pain it will cause. Then they can point there finger and say see it was Biden’s fault and they think that will be their best chance to win.

It’s gonna be real ugly if the house republicans decide to sacrifice our economy to try and win an election.
Reply/Quote