Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's hear it for Tyler Kroft!
(10-01-2017, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dilly dilly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol. I love that commercial. I go around the house saying that to everything lately. Big Grin

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was waiting for someone else to say it first, but you might be right.  I really can't see the team investing big money to retain Tyler Eifert, with other viable options already on the team.  Besides, next season is contract time for Geno and Carlos.  Kroft has shown he can make the contested catch for a score.  Now, to just get a healthy Uzomah into the mix. 

Agreed any money spent will need to go into o-line and extending some guys.......with that being said I liked what I saw of Cethan Carter in the pre season as well....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can't remember if it was one of you two, or Shake & Blake that spent good breath, trying to convince me that Tyler Kroft was going to emerge as a valuable weapon, when I was down on him.  Any way it works out, you were right.  He's damn good.

I tried to sell you on Uzomah. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 09:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I tried to sell you on Uzomah. 

Way to screw up a perfectly good "I told ya so"
Reply/Quote
He's still not an elite TE like Eifert.

However an elite player is worthless without the game plan to use it. Zampese had no clue how to use either.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If Kroft can continue to produce, we don't need to spend big money and a roster spot on Eifert.  I know that sounds harsh, but Eifert isn't a WR, we have plenty of WRs that need to develop.  Wasting a WR spot on an often injured TE isn't the answer to anything.

Eifert is a mismatch at WR unlike Lafell and Boyd too slow and Core and Malone guys that only produced in preseason so far Core showed a lil bit last year. But if things don't change before the end of the year Eifert would be a better option at WR then most of the guys we got now.

P.S. I did say get Eifert back cheap too not talking about paying him big money.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:20 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: He's still not an elite TE like Eifert.

However an elite player is worthless without the game plan to use it. Zampese had no clue how to use either.

I would take a 10 yard per catch guy that can stay healthy over Eifert at TE. Dalton needs to get timing down with guys and have faith in them to produce. Kroft and C.J. could have a bigger impact at TE for the year then Eifert could have cause he misses so many games and when he comes back he does not produce right away. Give me a guy at TE that will be on the field every week and can be a part of the game plan.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Way to screw up a perfectly good "I told ya so"

Lol. Yeah I should've rubbed ol' Sunset's face in it anyway. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Great to see the guy get it done today, but I'd like to see more than one good game in 2.5 years...particularly against a squad as hopeless as the current Browns. Keep it up, Kroft.
Reply/Quote
Solid game from Kroft and that is a very welcome addition to arsenal.

Love Eifferts game, but his durability wears me out.

Agree that it his money should be used on OL instead of re-signing at this point.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Heading into the season, I was a bit down on him.  Now, I am a fan.  Two TD receptions, one being very well covered?  Making me forget that Tyler Eifert being injured was such a huge loss.

We needed this....we needed this big-time.  

Now, if we can get Core or Ross, or both of them stretching the field, we may have something.

Kroft stepped up and showed the hands and desire that got him selected in the 3rd round.  It was proof of something I have been saying for some time.  You don't have to be WIDE OPEN as TE on our team.  The matchups favor a lot of chain-moving receptions as well as some red zone targets.  Eifert may be faster and can make a bigger play, but how many times has that happened in his career?  Twice?  We need solid, not spectacular play our of our TEs and Kroft gave us exactly that today.

Now, come on Uzomah....I know it is there.  If we had TWO TEs that showed that kind of heart....
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 05:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Amazing what having an OC who wasn't in waaaaaaaaaay over his head can do.

This.  The match ups dictate a TE down the seam and when had we done it before?  Not recently.  Keep the awesome receiving threats in to block and waste their talents.  

I also loved when I saw Hewitt (hope he is ok, took a hell of a shot on his thigh) chip a DE and then slide out for a nice reception.  

I isn't rocket science, and the Browns went down with the "don't let AJ beat us" ship.  Let's hope the steelers die the same death.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:20 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: He's still not an elite TE like Eifert.

An elite player is also worthless if he can't stay healthy. I'm starting to have real concerns about whether Eifert will ever bee 100% again. Any contract extension with him has to be performance based IMO. As much as I hate to say it, it may be time to cut him loose.... (and snag Cole Hikutini off of SF's practice squad)
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  The match ups dictate a TE down the seam and when had we done it before?  Not recently.  Keep the awesome receiving threats in to block and waste their talents.  

I also loved when I saw Hewitt (hope he is ok, took a hell of a shot on his thigh) chip a DE and then slide out for a nice reception.  

I isn't rocket science, and the Browns went down with the "don't let AJ beat us" ship.  Let's hope the steelers die the same death.

Lazor is taking what the D is giving them not forcing it deep just for the sake of throwing it deep.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:26 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Lazor is taking what the D is giving them not forcing it deep just for the sake of throwing it deep.

I don't feel like a team must go deep often, in order to have an explosive offense.  However, a few deep shots per game is necessary to keep the coverage honest.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He definitely had a good game. Let's see how he does against the Bills.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Sure makes me feel much better about the Eifert situation and the Offense as a whole.

Needed a TE to step up and gain some confidence from Andy. Looks like that is what has happened.

Look for Kroft to have a big year now.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't feel like a team must go deep often, in order to have an explosive offense.  However, a few deep shots per game is necessary to keep the coverage honest.

True, but you need to draw those safeties up with an effective run game in order to be effective deep.

At 3.3 YPC (28th in the NFL), no one is going to respect our run game.
Reply/Quote
I don't care how "elite" a player is, and Eifhurt isn't elite with only one good season and the others are all injury ridden.

We HAD to see what we had in Kroft and Uzomah at some point. we spent decently high draft picks on these players and they had to step up and make some receptions at some point.

I don't believe we need to keep Eifert. I was excited to see him drafted, but he can't stay on the field. I'd rather move on next year and see what Tyler Kroft can produce as the permanent starter.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 05:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: True, but you need to draw those safeties up with an effective run game in order to be effective deep.

At 3.3 YPC (28th in the NFL), no one is going to respect our run game.

True, but the same can be achieved by "extended" hand offs, via short passes to the backs and nifty guys like Ross (if he ever sees the field again).

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote