Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's look forward to 2018 I guess
This season is a wash the players look defeated and scared. Guess we can just look forward to 2018
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:13 AM)Trademark Wrote: This season is a wash the players look defeated and scared. Guess we can just look forward to 2018

Why? So we can watch the screw up another draft and do more of the same? 

Even if we don't resign Lewis, which is a long shot, you think brown will hire a coach worth anything?  Not hardly. 
Reply/Quote
2018 when we're in the super bowl? Ninja

I've supported Dalton through the years and have never been a huge fan of McCarron, but Dalton sucks now. I guess you can put a lot of the blame on Zampese, that guy couldn't call s*** if it was running out of his a**, but Zampese isn't the one telling Dalton to underthrow, overthrow and throw interceptions. Good QB's make good decisions. Marvin needs to go 15 years ago, Mike Brown isn't going anywhere till he passes and our defense seems to be the only bright spot of this team and they let a rookie QB run through them like a rat in a maze after a piece of cheese. One word can describe this team, sad. It's sad. Sad that us as fans have nothing to show for for 50 years and Mike Brown could give less of a flying f***. 50 years must be our reminisce year, a collaboration of our most sh**iest moments ever. Is a big joke. I'm not going to be that fan that says "Bu- but but the REFS are one sided!!!" Yeah there seems to be some real BS calls this year, but either way you look we still lose. We don't deserve to win, not even by luck. Losing is the best medicine to get rid of Marvin at LEAST. Then we'll probably see Zampese promoted to HC (shoot me).
Reply/Quote
With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select ?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:30 AM)lone bengal Wrote: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select ?

Hopefully a QB or LT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:13 AM)Trademark Wrote: This season is a wash the players look defeated and scared. Guess we can just look forward to 2018

Only way I'm going to be looking forward to 2018 is upon hearing the news that Mike Brown is stepping away from the team and leaving total control to Katie. Marvin Lewis and his entire staff has been fired and a new HC will be announced soon who can pick his own staff.

Also a real GM will be hired to make personnel decisions hand in hand with the new HC. Then I might start looking forward. I'm no longer beating my head against the wall with this crew.

Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head
Reply/Quote
How long until fans start calling for Baker Mayfield in 2018?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:40 AM)Big Boss Wrote: How long until fans start calling for Baker Mayfield in 2018?

Rather have the kid from USC.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hopefully a QB or LT.

LT.. and it's not even close. Let's get a qb and put him
Behind this hot garbage o line and see how well that plays out.
Reply/Quote
Dude...this team needs a major rebuild. We aren't 1 or 2 players away.

If we just change coaching staffs, we won't miraculously be good in 2018.

We're 4 lineman. A QB. Possibly a DE and 2 LB's.

At minimum we need 4 new lineman.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dude...this team needs a major rebuild. We aren't 1 or 2 players away.

Lbs? Our defense is fine, once burfict comes back you could be looking at a top 5 defense.

Fix the o line, and you have a top team in the afc again... and coaching
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dude...this team needs a major rebuild. We aren't 1 or 2 players away.

I disagree a new coach brings a new attitude and mentality............our biggest need is OL, we can get a couple in the draft and some in free agency....this isn't a huge rebuild, getting a quality HC and some OL in will change the culture quickly....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Years ago I've moved forward waiting for the post Lewis days. It could be 2018, but more likely will be 2028!
Reply/Quote
You're killing me!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Fire the following coaches:
- Marvin Lewis
- Ken Zampese
- Paul Alexander

Hire an established OC as the next HC. Jim Bob Cooter is one I'd consider. This team needs to be more exciting.

Let the following players walk:
- Russell Bodine
- Jeremy Hill
- Cedric Peerman

Re-sign:
- Kevin Huber
- Clark Harris
- Chris Smith

Cut:
Brandon LaFell (save $4 mill)
Michael Johnson (save $5 mill)

I'd also wouldn't be too upset seeing Eifert walk and use the money saved on someone else (preferably OL).
Also, I wouldn't be too upset to see Andre Smith re-signed, but he may not unless he's guaranteed a starting spot.
Last, I wouldn't care if Kevin Minter re-signed or not. He's not been bad really, but he's not stood out either. But the money used on him would be better invested in OL.

FA:
Bring in (at least) one solid OL. Center play has been the worst the longest, so maybe Weston Richburg.

Draft:
OT in the first round. Looks like a strong OT class and the Bengals need at least one new OT.
Another OL in round 2.
LB and TE within rounds 3 and 4.
Trade some of the day 3 picks to get back into the top 4 rounds.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:09 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: LT.. and it's not even close.  Let's get a qb and put him
Behind this hot garbage o line and see how well that plays out.

Depends. If we're picking in the top 3 (looks very likely) I don't know if you can pass on one of the top tier QBs. We can spend the entire rest of the draft stocking up on oline.

Reply/Quote
Why?

We will still be the same shitty team just a year older.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Depends. If we're picking in the top 3 (looks very likely) I don't know if you can pass on one of the top tier QBs. We can spend the entire rest of the draft stocking up on oline.

Orlando Brown or Connor Williams.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
We don't need a full rebuild. Ala Cleveland, unless the locker room completely explodes. Hopefully the core can hold it together until 18, it's not looking like it......

New HC, OC, Fire Alexander, Hayes, and RB coach.

Do you trust MB picking a new HC, is a genuine concern. It's a good opening with a lot of young talent on the roster. We are two years late, but it's obvious the time has come.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:30 AM)lone bengal Wrote: With the 1st pick in the 2018 NFL draft the Cincinnati Bengals select ?

Orlando Brown Jr., OT, Oklahoma.
Reply/Quote