Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's move to the future with Mixon
I feel like the discussions about his past has to come to a somewhat of a close (Although that will never happen)...

Can we discuss his future and what he can do as a part of the Bengals on the field? Like do you guys think he's capable of taking the starting job from Hill soon?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Judging from the tape, hell yeah! He's a pass threat, Jeremy is not. Bigger than Jeremy as well, but he will have to prove it on the field first. If he does, I can see Jeremy being a goal line back and Mixon/Gio splitting carries
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
At the end of the day, people need to make peace with the fact that there are going to be polarizing opinions on this for months if not years to come. If you don't want to root for this guy, that's fine.
If you are willing to let the past stay in the past and give him a chance, that is also fine. There is no right or wrong here. We all need to respect each other's opinions.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
After watching the highlights, the guy runs like adrian freaking Peterson. The guy looks like a phenomenal player, and a lot of experts said he was the best back im the draft and would of been 1st drafted rb if not for that altercation he had
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:37 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I feel like the discussions about his past has to come to a somewhat of a close (Although that will never happen)...

Can we discuss his future and what he can do as a part of the Bengals on the field? Like do you guys think he's capable of taking the starting job from Hill soon?

I don't think, I know. Hill has been on the decline since his rookie year. He's feeling pretty sour right about now I'm sure.
Reply/Quote
Hate the sin, love the sinner.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:37 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I feel like the discussions about his past has to come to a somewhat of a close (Although that will never happen)...

The Bengals are down on Hill, so I think he's the starter before the end of the year if he doesn't win the job in camp.

Mixon is a nightmare.  He can make you miss, he can run you over, or he can flat out run away from you.  He's also a tremendous route runner and has great hands in the passing game.  He is pretty much a LeVeon Bell clone.  He's a true 3 down back, and you can move him around like a WR to create mismatches in the passing game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Are people defined by a single incident? Are people not allowed to change? There is no excuse for what he did, and he hasn't been seeking an excuse. He has been seeking forgiveness. I'm willing to forgive, especially since he hasn't been in any trouble since. Good luck and good grace Joe.
Reply/Quote
I think we need a better line to see his full potential. Especially center. I don't think we'll get that this year because i'm pretty sure we are going to roll with what we got. Maybe next year perhaps depending on how things go. Also, coaching.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:39 AM)Big Boss Wrote: At the end of the day, people need to make peace with the fact that there are going to be polarizing opinions on this for months if not years to come. If you don't want to root for this guy, that's fine.
If you are willing to let the past stay in the past and give him a chance, that is also fine. There is no right or wrong here. We all need to respect each other's opinions.

Well said!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:44 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I think we need a better line to see his full potential. Especially center. I don't think we'll get that this year because i'm pretty sure we are going to roll with what we got. Maybe next year perhaps depending on how things go. Also, coaching.

This is what I agreed with as well but more and more I watched his tape..

I noticed that he made a lot of plays by himself and think he could bring that here and make that o-line look good somehow.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:40 AM)Gohards Wrote: After watching the highlights, the guy runs like adrian freaking Peterson. The guy looks like a phenomenal player, and a lot of experts said he was the best back im the draft and would of been 1st drafted rb if not for that altercation he had

I see AP when i watch Mixon run.
Reply/Quote
He was 17 when this happened he was a stupid kid I don't agree with hitting a woman. That being said he hasn't done it again so he seems like he's grown up only time will tell. I agree with everyone he reminds me of AP excited to see him in Orange and black.
WhoDey2 Pitt Sux 
Reply/Quote
It will be brought up for the rest of his life, not even career. So that will never go away, and the Bengals are attached to that image now, for better or worse.

With that said, in style of play, he has a very good chance of starting above Hill. The thing they should do is quit trying to force feed Hill, because it ruins the run game. Allow these players to play to their advantage.

Mixon works well in certain plays like Gio does. Hill is supposed to be one cut but his vision is lacking (was an issue out of college) and he loses his balance.

Mixon will see a lot of carries.

If the Bengals were smart, they'd go spread offense with Green and Ross on the outside, Boyd in slot, Eifert out there as well, and Mixon. If the Bengals can have a solid offensive line, this offense can score with anyone. There's depth to back it up as well at the skill positions besides tight end.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:43 AM)Whatever Wrote: The Bengals are down on Hill, so I think he's the starter before the end of the year if he doesn't win the job in camp.

Mixon is a nightmare.  He can make you miss, he can run you over, or he can flat out run away from you.  He's also a tremendous route runner and has great hands in the passing game.  He is pretty much a LeVeon Bell clone.  He's a true 3 down back, and you can move him around like a WR to create mismatches in the passing game.

Yeah me like. This is the way i see this RB, i love the way he runs, his vision is 2nd to none. So versatile, there probably
was not a back in this draft that would help more and i loved Dalvin Cook as a runner. But vision is the number one thing
a RB has to have to be great. This guy is the best and then, he has the rest.

I agree with Whatever, Joe Mixon will be a nightmare for everyone we face including the Stealers. Eat Mixon shit Pitt. :andy:
Reply/Quote
Trey bitchmade chump ass punk ass wingo was so excited he got to rip the Bengals and talk shit about Mixon.

Shame he wasnt one of the espn people fired.

If given the option who to punch in the face. It would take days to decide between wingo and florio
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:25 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Trey bitchmade chump ass punk ass wingo was so excited he got to rip the Bengals and talk shit about Mixon.

Shame he wasnt one of the espn people fired.

If given the option who to punch in the face. It would take days to decide between wingo and florio

Wingo eh, glad i don't have to watch that shit.

Florio is a Stooler fan, we all know it.

Screw ESPN. Find a good slogan for them then the obvious ET.

Everybody Sucks something or somethin.
Reply/Quote
I know I'm certainly glad I'm not still being held accountable for shit I did as a kid. Yes, 17 is still a kid. 
I love what Mixon brings to the table, end/stop. If Hill wants to keep his job he better really bring it this year and if he and Mixon both can bring it this offense is going to roll over everyone ESPECIALLY if Ross and Boyde and even Core can peek.. Defenses are gonna need 14 players to defend it if everyone is firing on all 8 cylinders.    
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:40 AM)Gohards Wrote: After watching the highlights, the guy runs like adrian freaking Peterson. The guy looks like a phenomenal player, and a lot of experts said he was the best back im the draft and would of been 1st drafted rb if not for that altercation he had

I see AP when i watch Mixon run.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 01:39 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wingo eh, glad i don't have to watch that shit.

Florio is a Stooler fan, we all know it.

Screw ESPN. Find a good slogan for them then the obvious ET.

Everybody Sucks something or somethin.

Did you guys hear about the latest ESPN's 30 for 30?

It's called ESPN The Rise and Fall of ESPN.

Lol!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote