DT
EDGE
S
OTHER
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk biggest need
(04-19-2022, 12:09 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Question:  Who is backing up Awuzie and Apple?

Another query:  Are we all that delighted with Eli?

Corner, and it's not even close.

Back ups? Who is backing up Burrow? Draft back ups in round 1?

Eli did fine last year. If we take a CB at 31 I will not be mad as long as we don't reach for Gordon or the Auburn guy. But I do not think they will start over Apple til 1/2through the season

Our LG is by far the worst starter on the team and its not even close. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 07:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s absolutely close. You’re talking about depth at CB, but we haven’t even replaced our starting 3T, and best interior pass pusher in Ogunjobi.

He is still a FA. Ninja
Reply/Quote
Ogunjobi played 724 defensive snaps last season, and had 7 sacks, 16 QB hits, and 12 TFL. That’s a lot of production to replace.

Honestly you can make a case for a bunch of these positions, but some of them being named are more needs for a year from now (safety, TE). We have a pretty immediate need at 3T however.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 07:31 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: He is still a FA. Ninja

It will be interesting to see when and what kind of deal he ends up getting once he’s healthy. Poor guy lost out on a huge contract.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It will be interesting to see when and what kind of deal he ends up getting once he’s healthy. Poor guy lost out on a huge contract.

I think he will have to take less money with the injury issue. And my thinking is that our team knows the injury better than most so if we feel comfortable with it we may just sneak him back on the cheaper side. Of course this is wishful thinking. But he is still out there
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 07:52 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I think he will have to take less money with the injury issue. And my thinking is that our team knows the injury better than most so if we feel comfortable with it we may just sneak him back on the cheaper side. Of course this is wishful thinking. But he is still out there

So is Spain (and he’s actually healthy). But not on the team is not on the team. You still have to view it as a need.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 08:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So is Spain (and he’s actually healthy). But not on the team is not on the team. You still have to view it as a need.

Yes but you are talking about LO specifically. How do we replace those stats? Well with him. He is the same guy. Just posing the most obvious answer to your query. 

No one is talking about getting Spain's talent back in here. Lol
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 08:10 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Yes but you are talking about LO specifically. How do we replace those stats? Well with him. He is the same guy. Just posing the most obvious answer to your query. 

No one is talking about getting Spain's talent back in here. Lol

Ogunjobi might not even be ready for the start of the season. We have no idea the extent of the injury. So you can’t count on bringing him back.

Reply/Quote
Especially since they already have so much money invested in the DL already. Any additions to the IDL is going to have to come from the draft, imo.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 08:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Especially since they already have so much money invested in the DL already. Any additions to the IDL is going to have to come from the draft, imo.

Goodberry posited this on tonight's podcast in regards to Logan Hall. Hill replacing LO and Hall replacing Hill for production while grabbing the needed CB at 63 since it's depth compared to 3T. 

I got the impression that unless one of the top OTs fell that Cincy won't even consider OL until like 3/4.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 07:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ogunjobi played 724 defensive snaps last season, and had 7 sacks, 16 QB hits, and 12 TFL. That’s a lot of production to replace.

Honestly you can make a case for a bunch of these positions, but some of them being named are more needs for a year from now (safety, TE). We have a pretty immediate need at 3T however.

That is true.  That's a lot of production to replace.  I'd be okay with Logan Hall with our 2nd pick, he is 3T.....  The real question is, Wyatt will probably fall to our 2nd pick..... would you pull the trigger!?!
Reply/Quote
Agreeing with those that sat Under tackle. The bigger question is who? CB is a close 2nd and there's plenty of prospects with a draft value where we are. There's not a lot of UTs. I do think the kid from Bama is getting overlooked
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 11:25 PM)Yogo Wrote: That is true.  That's a lot of production to replace.  I'd be okay with Logan Hall with our 2nd pick, he is 3T.....  The real question is, Wyatt will probably fall to our 2nd pick..... would you pull the trigger!?!

I don’t think Zac would take Wyatt even if he fell to the 7th. I think he’s off his board
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 12:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Agreeing with those that sat Under tackle. The bigger question is who? CB is a close 2nd and there's plenty of prospects with a draft value where we are. There's not a lot of UTs. I do think the kid from Bama is getting overlooked

UT is an interesting situation.  There's an obvious depth need, but I also don't think they gave Hill 3/$30 mil this off-season to spend a 1st on one and have him rotate.  However, the draft isn't very deep this year at that position. I think that if Ossai shows again what he did last preseason they will be looking at kicking Hubbard inside on passing downs to get Ossai on the field, which would also lessen the need there.  
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 07:29 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Back ups? Who is backing up Burrow? Draft back ups in round 1?

Eli did fine last year. If we take a CB at 31 I will not be mad as long as we don't reach for Gordon or the Auburn guy. But I do not think they will start over Apple til 1/2through the season

Our LG is by far the worst starter on the team and its not even close. 

Actually, Brandon Wilson is currently the worst starter on the team.

Reality is, there's a very big chance that Bates misses at least a significant portion of TC and a reasonable chance that he misses regular season games.  Since he's not under contract, the club can't fine him.  I find it highly unlikely he sits the entire year, but it's become more common in recent years for tagged players to refuse to sign the FT until several weeks into the season.  Plus, what kind of shape will he be in when he does eventually sign?  
Reply/Quote
I think as of Today, Bengals have big needs at CB, IDL, S, IOL, OC. Of course TE. But I think CB, IDL and S early in draft and IOL/OC mid to later.

I don't know why, but I could see Bengals passing on Linderbaum for Logan Hall or CB. It will be interesting and revealing how Bengals Big Board compares to what I have been seeing in mocks...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 06:11 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Left guard isn't in the list? Lol. Literally the lowest ranked starter we have by far.

It should have been included, I missed it. But "other" is an option, which only has 1 vote thus far. If it was that laughable to not have it listed, "other/LG" would have many more votes. 

I'd be jumping for joy if we took Zion or Linderbaum just to name 2 for pick 31. Defense is the likely candidate at 31 which was the rumor at the NFL combine surrounding our Bengals.

CB and S are both thin for depth and our two starting safeties are under contract after this season. With the 3 OL additions and young blood that we drafted last year, I'd be shocked if the Bengals took OL at 31, or even 63. 

That's not what I want, I'd rather solidify our OL and do our best to keep Burrow off his ass.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 04:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think as of Today, Bengals have big needs at CB, IDL, S, IOL, OC.  Of course TE.  But I think CB, IDL and S early in draft and IOL/OC mid to later.  

I don't know why, but I could see Bengals passing on Linderbaum for Logan Hall or CB.  It will be interesting and revealing how Bengals Big Board compares to what I have been seeing in mocks...

This. They're zoned in on Defense, unless someone unexpected falls on Offense. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
1. Left Guard/Center (wherever Karas is not).
2. DT (3T)
3. CB
------------
4. S
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 05:58 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: It should have been included, I missed it. But "other" is an option, which only has 1 vote thus far. If it was that laughable to not have it listed, "other/LG" would have many more votes. 

I'd be jumping for joy if we took Zion or Linderbaum just to name 2 for pick 31. Defense is the likely candidate at 31 which was the rumor at the NFL combine surrounding our Bengals.

CB and S are both thin for depth and our two starting safeties are under contract after this season. With the 3 OL additions and young blood that we drafted last year, I'd be shocked if the Bengals took OL at 31, or even 63. 

That's not what I want, I'd rather solidify our OL and do our best to keep Burrow off his ass.
Well, when you put it like that, we better hope that we grab Daxton Hill FS/slot DB at #31.  He fills 2 areas of great need.  He was described as a faster Minkah Fitzpatrick as a comp.  They say he is way better at slot DB than FS.
Reply/Quote