Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk playoff opponents
With #1 seed seeming like a long shot and division champ looking good who you rather play in 1st round. If we end up 3rd seed I want ravens over chargers for sure. If we end up 2nd seed it would be NE .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: With #1 seed seeming like a long shot and division champ looking good who you rather play in 1st round. If we end up 3rd seed I want ravens over chargers for sure.  If we end up 2nd seed it would be NE .

Monday night's Bengals would destroy the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
We need to win against the Ravens to push our team confidence first. Just like last year, I don't care if it's the Pats or Ravens, if we beat a team in regular season we will beat them in the playoff again.
Reply/Quote
I think the Chargers will be the 5-seed (and I think they could give the Chiefs fits if they make it to the divisional round).

So the Bengals, as the 3 (maybe 2), will most likely face the Ravens again with an outside shot at the Patriots/Steelers/Dolphins. I would expect the Bengals to be touchdown favorites at home against all four of those teams. If I had to choose, then I would avoid the division rivals just because of their familiarity -- but whatever. The Bengals have no business losing to any of them.

Edit: I forgot the 2-seed implies the Patriots getting in. So technically they'd be the preferred opponent. I have zero fear of the Ravens though.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 08:06 PM)mitano Wrote: We need to win against the Ravens to push our team confidence first. Just like last year, I don't care if it's the Pats or Ravens, if we beat a team in regular season we will beat them in the playoff again.

Not sure how much confidence you can get beating up 2022 UDFA QB Anthony Brown, who is looking more and more like he'll be the starting QB for the Ravens this weekend.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 08:13 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think the Chargers will be the 5-seed (and I think they could give the Chiefs fits if they make it to the divisional round).

So the Bengals, as the 3 (maybe 2), will most likely face the Ravens again with an outside shot at the Patriots/Steelers/Dolphins. I would expect the Bengals to be touchdown favorites at home against all four of those teams. If I had to choose, then I would avoid the division rivals just because of their familiarity -- but whatever. The Bengals have no business losing to any of them.

Edit: I forgot the 2-seed implies the Patriots getting in. So technically they'd be the preferred opponent. I have zero fear of the Ravens though.
Chargers are a dangerous team right now but KC has their number like we have KC.
Reply/Quote
We got the better players talent wise as a whole we need to just show up and play hard and we will win no matter who is in front of us.

We cannot let games stay close or a ref could take the game from us like in the Superbowl. Take it out of their hands put these teams away we are better go prove it once again.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 08:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Chargers are a dangerous team right now but KC has their number like we have KC.

KC doesn’t even look that good lately. They barley beat the Texans and the Broncos. I could see them losing to LAC if they play.

We’re a wild card. I don’t know how we’re going to respond. And I can’t discount the entire world pulling for Buffalo, so don’t be shocked if Buffalo wins the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 08:59 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: We got the better players talent wise as a whole we need to just show up and play hard and we will win no matter who is in front of us.

We cannot let games stay close or a ref could take the game from us like in the Superbowl. Take it out of their hands put these teams away we are better go prove it once again.

Stop it. Just stop it.

[Image: Tee-Higgins-Jalen-Ramsey-facemask-768x422.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Stop it. Just stop it.

Do not try to order me around you need to check yourself.

Not going to post the Logan Wilson hold? lol
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Stop it. Just stop it.

lets ignore the rams egregiously lining offsides multiple times, and the horrid bogus defensive holding call on Logan Wilson on 3rd down
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:11 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: KC doesn’t even look that good lately. They barley beat the Texans and the Broncos. I could see them losing to LAC if they play.

We’re a wild card. I don’t know how we’re going to respond. And I can’t discount the entire world pulling for Buffalo, so don’t be shocked if Buffalo wins the Super Bowl.

And how did we end up looking with a fumble that saved NE game.. KC continues to win, that is a mark of a good team and Mahomes is playing lights out.. and Vegas cant close any game, very unlikely KC loses. I have more confidence in Chargers if they could have beaten KC this year but maybe with their offense being healthy finally they can overcome KC..
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And how did we end up looking with a fumble that saved NE game.. KC continues to win, that is a mark of a good team and Mahomes is playing lights out.. and Vegas cant close any game, very unlikely KC loses.  I have more confidence in Chargers if they could have beaten KC this year but maybe with their offense being healthy finally they can overcome KC..

Wait.  So you're telling me that winning is the mark of a good team while trying to diminish the Bengals winning?
Reply/Quote
I can see a situation where both Cincy & Buff will face the exact same teams they play this weekend the first week of the playoffs. If Buff losses to NE, which is a very real possibility, they will face NE & we will play Balt
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:03 PM)samhain Wrote: Wait.  So you're telling me that winning is the mark of a good team while trying to diminish the Bengals winning?

no im just making a point we think we are a good team but played bad so why can;t we see KC the same way.. both are top tier teams, don;t you agree?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:23 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Do not try to order me around you need to check yourself.

Not going to post the Logan Wilson hold? lol

Did the Logan Wilson hold come on a 75 yard TD play, that was 7 of the only 10 points scored by the team in the 2nd half and the only lead they had all game?

Saying shit like the refs took the game away from us in the Superbowl is how you become The Boy Who Cried Ref. We were only in it because of an atrociously blatant no-call. The Bengals didn't score a single point in the final 25 minutes of the game. They allowed 7 sacks and allowed Burrow to get hit on the final offensive play for the Bengals so he couldn't make a throw. They put Eli Apple 1-on-1 on Cooper Kupp in the endzone despite it being the 8th time that drive that they tried to get the ball to Kupp.

The Bengals managed to lose that game themselves. Saying the Refs took it away from them just makes any legitimate gripes against the refs in past or future events diluted and ineffective. 

Don't need to check myself, because I am not going to wreck myself. Complaining about refs screwing you all the time is weak, gotta save it for when it's actually legit and actually one-sided.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Did the Logan Wilson hold come on a 75 yard TD play, that was 7 of the only 10 points scored by the team in the 2nd half and the only lead they had all game?

Saying shit like the refs took the game away from us in the Superbowl is how you become The Boy Who Cried Ref. We were only in it because of an atrociously blatant no-call. The Bengals didn't score a single point in the final 25 minutes of the game. They allowed 7 sacks and allowed Burrow to get hit on the final offensive play for the Bengals so he couldn't make a throw. They put Eli Apple 1-on-1 on Cooper Kupp in the endzone despite it being the 8th time that drive that they tried to get the ball to Kupp.

The Bengals managed to lose that game themselves. Saying the Refs took it away from them just makes any legitimate gripes against the refs in past or future events diluted and ineffective. 

Don't need to check myself, because I am not going to wreck myself. Complaining about refs screwing you all the time is weak, gotta save it for when it's actually legit and actually one-sided.
I see now me voicing my opinion greatly annoys you so I will be doing it much more in the future see you there.
Reply/Quote
Also if we lose to Balt this weekend. We will face Balt in the first round but the location will be decided by a coin toss.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: With #1 seed seeming like a long shot and division champ looking good who you rather play in 1st round. If we end up 3rd seed I want ravens over chargers for sure. If we end up 2nd seed it would be NE .

I don’t know why but I’d rather someone else deal w the Chargers. They are surging and somewhat unpredictable.

We are the better team all day long - but just like the Stains - the match up is mehhhh for us IMHO.

Not sure what to make of the Jags. Too many unknowns and they are a kind of hot team right now.

Zero concerns against the Rat Turds, Fins, Jets, Titans, Pats and Stoolers (not sure if these teams will even end up in playoffs of course).
Reply/Quote
Don’t want anything to do with the Chargers. Was hoping they wouldn’t make the playoffs. Dangerous team.
Reply/Quote