Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Let's talk the classless Bengals fans
(01-10-2016, 03:32 PM)spazz70 Wrote: But a player (Gio) unconscious on the field and Shazier celebrating is OK?  LOL...some of you people are a joke...Screw the Steelers and their whole organization...They have been and always will be a dirty team

No way the shazier antics are acceptable. But for fans to cheer an injury is really bad. I haven't heard an injured player being cheered like that since philly and I hope the bengals fans don't get lumped in with those knuckleheads. 
Reply/Quote
shame on any bengals fan who sticks up for the steelers. someone should throw trash at you

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:39 PM)StripesNTN Wrote: Sure we know both teams out there as well as the Steeler's coaches looked like little more than thugs. But it's the fans! FANS! That were the worst. How can any of the douche bags who booed an injured player and tossed debris even be considered human, yet alone fans. The actions have made me ashamed to call myself a Bengal fan. This is a game, peoples lives, futures and livelihoods are at stake. It is one thing to realize an injury may present your team an advantage, but it is a far different thing to wish upon and cheer such an injury.

Down with the Thugs!
Down with the Enablers!

As one of the thugs I proudly resemble that remark.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:26 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Is this a joke?  What about Gio's future.  The guy was dancing after the hit.  No penalty.  Tomlin couldn't wait to drop the challenge flag.  Gio is laying on the field hurt, Tomlin is being told to back up off the field while holding the challenge flag, Shazier is dancing and nothing comes of it other than a turnover when it should have been first and goal?  People were pissed and it was emotionally charged.

There has been a long history of very questionable actions taken by Steelers on and off the field that go unchecked by the league.  You had a damn coach in Tomlin who ran on the field a few years back to stop a kickoff.  If you watch the replay from last night, the Steelers coach pulls Nelson's hair on the sideline.  That is what set Nelson off.  Porter was so "concerned" about Brown he is talking crap to the Bengals.  Last game the Steelers go after Eiferts head (not all that different than Burficts hit last night) and no penalty. Palmer, Hine Ward's hit and the list goes on and on.  This behavior comes from their top down which is the coaching and it goes unchecked by the league. 

I don't condone it but lets be honest here.  The league put a weak officiating crew on this game and I would be willing to bet the farm that if the right call was made on Gio, the game would have been controlled a hell of a lot better.  Bengals, get a worst a field goal and we could easily be talking about the Patriots this morning.

That right there sums it all up exactly!!
Reply/Quote
Its all a set-up. Too much money in the Denver Pitt game. Im really thinking NFL is somewhat rigged. No joke.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The NFL assigned this team, the same team that let the brawl happen, to this game...it was planned to get dirty. The NFL wanted it. 

Yep.  There was a Pittsburgh post game host on with Dan Hoard and Lapham Friday afternoon and he said basically the same thing.  The league wants everyone to think that they are trying to regulate and prevent excessive extracurricular violence, but that's bs.

Games like these are exactly what they want.  People watch these kinds of games because they enjoy the legit animosity between teams.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The refs let it get out of control. 
When you blatantly and consciously make the decision to flag one team more severely than the other, letting one team get away with illegal hits and flagging borderline hits from the home team...this is going to happen. They have to stake control. 
Munchak should have been ejected. 
DeCastro, Porter and Shazier should have been flagged. 

Keep order. 

I agree.
The object of the game isn't to win Ms. Congeniality.  The object is to win.
Win one team does things to change the rules and doesn't get called, the refs that don't call it change the rules for you to do the same.  But the problem gets exacerbated when the calls then are not applied equally.  I blame any of the actions you blame on these players on the refs, and if you disagree then all I can say is you were clueless to what these players were going through out there on the field trying to win a game while more than once seeing an unfair unequal application of the rules always benefiting the other team and going against them.  That will turn you into exactly what you saw last night.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:07 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Its all a set-up. Too much money in the Denver Pitt game. Im really thinking NFL is somewhat rigged. No joke.

My boss has tried to convince me for years that's it's rigged.  He points to the Pittsburgh-Seattle Superbowl as his prime example.  

I don't want to believe that, but some teams do seem to get favorable calls an awful lot.  I've talked to fans of many teams that believe that playing the Steelers or Ravens also means playing the refs.  It ain't just us Bengal homers that see things this way.
Reply/Quote
Why no mention of putting the alert out that a rapist was on the loose? That seems a little suspect as well. Not sure that's the right thing to do
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:14 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Why no mention of putting the alert out that a rapist was on the loose? That seems a little suspect as well. Not sure that's the right thing to do

Well... The truth hurts, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:12 PM)samhain Wrote: My boss has tried to convince me for years that's it's rigged.  He points to the Pittsburgh-Seattle Superbowl as his prime example.  

I don't want to believe that, but some teams do seem to get favorable calls an awful lot.  I've talked to fans of many teams that believe that playing the Steelers or Ravens also means playing the refs.  It ain't just us Bengal homers that see things this way.

Just look at some of the last Superbowls.

Harbaugh brothers
Ray Lewis retires on top
Bettis "      "         "
Katrina Saints

please post others.....Im sure there are more.
Reply/Quote
You can't lump all Bengals fans with a couple of idiots, please don't paint us with a broad brush.

Every fan base has the random idiot (trust me I have seen this visiting over 15 Bengals away games).
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:15 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Well... The truth hurts, I guess.

Just dirty. Everyone knows this, why try to make a mockery of it?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:07 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Its all a set-up. Too much money in the Denver Pitt game. Im really thinking NFL is somewhat rigged. No joke.

Yep the teams with the best history and most fans seem to win these types of games. They r the nfl chosen ones for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:49 PM)Run through the jungle Wrote: Yep the teams with the best history and most fans seem to win these types of games. They r the nfl chosen ones for sure. 

The sad, really sad part is I am starting to believe this.  There is just so much money being made.  The reporters and announcers are too afraid to say anything that goes against the marching orders for fear of getting fired.  Biased or not, there is NO WAY that penalty are Bernard was simply "missed". A lot of those penalties are called based on the way the players go down.  

There is zero chance the overwhelming majority of talking heads don't see that.  And to say that did not impact the outcome is ridiculous. 

I know I am going to do my best to limit my financial investment to the nfl.  I take my kids to 2-3 games a year jerseys, gear everything.    No more.  The Bengals coaching problems are their own doing, but the league bias  is becoming too much.
Reply/Quote
class is overrated...I have found many of those who preach class when it applies to sports, are actually some of the most classless people I have ever met
Reply/Quote
Shame on that fan, should've thrown a FULL one.
Reply/Quote
Some of the responses here are sickening. Hoping the plane crashes and the team is killed... it is a game...

Attacking my fandom because i called out a few scumbags? Sad

So to those of you who certainly embrace the douchebagery just consider that the bitterness that has led you to this low point might just be due to your own general shittiness.
Reply/Quote
I would have felt bad if it was anyone other the Roethlisberger (or Greg Hardy). But it wasn't, so I don't.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The NFL assigned this team, the same team that let the brawl happen, to this game...it was planned to get dirty. The NFL wanted it. 

Hmmm, I agree with everything except the "team" of officials not the same "team" but what was a collection of so called "all-star" of officials. Again, this group never worked together, but they as a group were not an "all-star" of officials but were horrible. 
Reply/Quote