Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let talk Tackles
(02-27-2021, 07:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well I have the NFL ticket and I saw many TEs, h-backs or slots line up close to the RT.. and more and more teams like Bengals go without a TE so that means your tackles are on an island more and more.. so unless you can actually give stats of plays with tackles on an island and their result compared to others.. your post holds no water.. just opinion with bias.. 

True enough, it is just my opinion. It is my opinion that Hart needs more help than most NFL RT's...
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 08:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True enough, it is just my opinion. It is my opinion that Hart needs more help than most NFL RT's...

Well out of our line.. I Hart has one of the least of our worries.. guard play was much worse than tackle play and Hopkins with major injury who knows.. I would like to see Hart move inside to guard.. we draft a tackle and he is also be a swing between guard and tackle... I think we also sign a guard and center in FA
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Guard play was catastrophic earlier in the year and indeed was directly involved in Burrow being injured. It did stabilize and improve once we had both XSF and Spain playing at the same time. My original point about Hart was related to the desire to draft a TE like Pitts - without OTs that can play on an island a TE whose primary stock in trade is receiving will be wasted because we will need to keep them inline. So, if the desire is Pitts then we have to get a better RT in Free Agency.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 01:10 AM)Joelist Wrote: Guard play was catastrophic earlier in the year and indeed was directly involved in Burrow being injured. It did stabilize and improve once we had both XSF and Spain playing at the same time. My original point about Hart was related to the desire to draft a TE like Pitts - without OTs that can play on an island a TE whose primary stock in trade is receiving will be wasted because we will need to keep them inline. So, if the desire is Pitts then we have to get a better RT in Free Agency.

and my point is ... there is no evidence to support if Hart was supported more or less and if we are going to eye ball it by tape they had to put a TE over LT alot when Williams was out then since the LT play was very weak with Williams out and needed more support than LT.. in the end you the only data I say supports Hart did decent was giving up just 4 sacks in over 800 snaps... and for guard.. Spain I thought played bad most of the year.. 
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 12:49 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well out of our line.. I Hart has one of the least of our worries.. guard play was much worse than tackle play and Hopkins with major injury who knows.. I would like to see Hart move inside to guard.. we draft a tackle and he is also be a swing between guard and tackle... I think we also sign a guard and center in FA

I think the reason why our Guard play was so bad was cause we had new players in our scheme and namely Jordan who was
just terrible. I think Spain and XSF with an entire Offseason under Pollack can become more than serviceable. But I am all for 
getting a Guard and Center in FA and Drafting Sewell, this would be fantastic.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think the reason why our Guard play was so bad was cause we had new players in our scheme and namely Jordan who was
just terrible. I think Spain and XSF with an entire Offseason under Pollack can become more than serviceable. But I am all for 
getting a Guard and Center in FA and Drafting Sewell, this would be fantastic.
well we agree the line needs some new parts for sure.. hopefully it works out in FA and the draft
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 08:20 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Has everyone watched this 2019 video breakdown of Sewell against Utah's Bradley Anae who was a 5th round draft pick?

Not as dominating as I think most people on this board would have expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PASpzzm0wbE

It appears every video does count. 

Peneii may still become a great Tackle in this league but you cannot afford a project when you are picking 5th in the draft.

Kudos to Zac Taylor and staff. They picked the right guy in JaMarr Chase with our 1st round pick. 

I am not sure things would be as bright as they seem had we missed on this pick.
Reply/Quote
My man really bumped a 10 month old thread just to rehash a draft debate...

Cigar
Reply/Quote