Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Get This Party Started
(09-10-2016, 09:36 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Yep, woke up very excited this morning. It is already Sunday here in Sydney so its game day for me, though I do have to wait up until 3am for kickoff.

Can't imagine the path to becoming a Bengals fan for an Australian but I love it when it happens.  Kudos and Who Dey to you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:15 AM)McC Wrote: Can't imagine the path to becoming a Bengals fan for an Australian but I love it when it happens.  Kudos and Who Dey to you.

He's mentally challenged. We all are. Nervous

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 09:36 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Yep, woke up very excited this morning. It is already Sunday here in Sydney so its game day for me, though I do have to wait up until 3am for kickoff.

Ouch...that's dedication.  I would be spent by the time the game rolled around from all the nervous energy used throughout the day.

It's weird, I coach swimming and baseball.  I still participate in the occasional master's swimming meet or charity baseball game, but nothing gets my stomach churning like it did in college before a meet or game like a Bengals game.  I know that I am not a part of the team, but I am so vested in their success that my nerves really soar before a game.  Same feeling I used to get in college, some 25 years later.  And no other team or sport comes close to giving me those feelings. Weird.
Reply/Quote
T - minus 3 hours and 25 minutes and am psyched up big tome.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Gameday baby, Let's smack those Jets!
Reply/Quote
Well, after checking the CBS listings for our area I found out they are not showing an early game since the Dolphins are playing at 4:00 p.m. It's much more difficult to stream games than a few years ago, so if I want to see it live I guess I need to go to Buffalo Wings!
Reply/Quote
Ready to Cheer them on to victory !!!

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:09 AM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: Well, after checking the CBS listings for our area I found out they are not showing an early game since the Dolphins are playing at 4:00 p.m. It's much more difficult to stream games than a few years ago, so if I want to see it live I guess I need to go to Buffalo Wings!

Enjoy some Buffalo Wild Wings and a Bengals win today Gal ! 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:15 AM)McC Wrote: Can't imagine the path to becoming a Bengals fan for an Australian but I love it when it happens.  Kudos and Who Dey to you.

One of my X-roommates at the Grand Canyon but from Dayton originally now resides in Australia so there may be more than you think. 

Who Dey !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 09:35 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: He's mentally challenged. We all are. Nervous

This is the absolute truth. 
Reply/Quote

Started following the team in the early 90's, bought my first Madden game and had to find a team to play with. I supported the Balmain Tigers (now Wests Tigers due to a merger) in Rugby League so the Bengals were an easy pick. Started following the scores (pre internet so it was hard) and catching the highlights randomly on tv down here. It's much easier now with gamepass and games on tv down here. I eventually got to a game in 2011, the season opener in Cleveland. People around us couldn't understand why an Australia would choose the Browns- Bengals to attend.
Reply/Quote