Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Not Get BiPolar After Tonight
So tonight's game no matter how it ends up is going to go two ways with alot of fans:

A) Bengals Win - We win this game look good, all of a sudden his team has the potential to win 10 games and go into the playoffs, etc etc etc

B) Bengals Lose - Fire Zach and the whole coaching staff, burn down the stadium nothing ever changes with the Bengals!

For me the reality is I won't be shocked if the Bengals win tonight and I also wont be shocked if they lose tonight.

Our offensive line is horrendous so it really comes down to how well will the Browns D line play? If they do well, Joe won't have a chance to shine cause he'll be scrambling for his life. If they give him time, hes gonna do well and make us all very excited!

Will the defense pull a 2019? Remember how well they played against Seattle at Seattle and in game two the 49ers came to town and we know how that game played out.

I again can see this defense doing either without being shocked but I'm leaning towards they will get hosed tonight against a Browns offense leaving Burrow and company the pressure to keep up in this high scoring game.

Either way Rome's not burning and were not going deep into the playoffs, I'm hoping for a great game and very little of Randy "NeverMind The" Bullocks!
Reply/Quote
Yeah if we lose its certainly going to fluster a lot of fans. For me tho, this is kind of like preseason game 2. We have a rookie QB and too many new pieces for me to judge anything as the be all end all. And the OL is sketchy at best right now. I'm just looking forward to sitting back and enjoying the game, and evaluating what I see. Playing the Browns, anything goes. Its a toss up in the battle of Ohio and I literally have no idea what to expect tonight.
Reply/Quote
Kind of in the same ballpark here. I wont be totally pissed with a loss tonight. Once I arise from 3 days in the fetal position bawling until I had to get an IV, I'm usually ok. Regardless of the outcome, I'm not calling the season after GAME 2! These guys will get it together. If not tonight, maybe next week or week after or week after. A victory would be sweet tho.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I sincerely appreciate the sentiment of the original post for this thread, but I would also be willing to bet that in either case the this board will be filled with threads/posts stating the exact things he listed. Bengals fans gonna Bengals fan, no stopping that train.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
I'm trying hard to stay calm and understand no matter how it goes don't get to carried away. We win 51-6 Superbowl here we come, no. We lose 20-13, it's not season over Burrow sucks.

It's gonna take some time to work out all the wrinkles.
Reply/Quote
I don't think it's IF we win or lose

I think it's HOW we win or lose
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
All I want to see is a little improvement from game one.
Reply/Quote
I promise nothing.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Bengals fans as a whole should be pretty calm, maybe go after ZT if things look wonky. Browns fans are going to explode if they lose, though.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 05:07 PM)GodFather Wrote: B) Bengals Lose - Fire Zach and the whole coaching staff, burn down the stadium nothing ever changes with the Bengals!

But lets say a friend of mine already believes that. If the Bengals lose tonight, wouldn't it be less bipolar to continue to believe that? It would actually be more bipolar to change your mind at that point.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think it's IF we win or lose

I think it's HOW we win or lose

Exactly. 

What if they win and Burrow has a terrible game?

What if they lose and Burrow is lights out?

I just hope it's not a repeat of that God-awful 2014 Thursday Night Game. 
Reply/Quote
That’s like asking the sun not to rise. Maybe it’ll happen someday, but not in our lifetimes
Reply/Quote
YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!
Reply/Quote
I mean a win doesn't mean the Bengals are playoff bound. No one should have that expectation.
But a loss would put the team 0-2.
NFL Network just shared a stat (because one team tonight will be 0-2 after) that only 12% of teams who started 0-2 have made the playoffs.

So if your expectation going into the season was that the Bengals would make the playoffs, that likelihood would be greatly reduced if they lose tonight, and thus put the team below your expectations.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Get bipolar? That train looooooooooooooong ago left the station.

Now, someone please help me light the stadium.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 08:26 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Get bipolar?  That train looooooooooooooong ago left the station.  

Now, someone please help me light the stadium.

[Image: aliens-nukefromorbit.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 08:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: aliens-nukefromorbit.gif]

Another 2-14 season and the ISS will have us in its sights   Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 05:07 PM)GodFather Wrote: So tonight's game no matter how it ends up is going to go two ways with alot of fans:

A) Bengals Win - We win this game look good, all of a sudden his team has the potential to win 10 games and go into the playoffs, etc etc etc

B) Bengals Lose - Fire Zach and the whole coaching staff, burn down the stadium nothing ever changes with the Bengals!

For me the reality is I won't be shocked if the Bengals win tonight and I also wont be shocked if they lose tonight.

Our offensive line is horrendous so it really comes down to how well will the Browns D line play? If they do well, Joe won't have a chance to shine cause he'll be scrambling for his life. If they give him time, hes gonna do well and make us all very excited!

Will the defense pull a 2019? Remember how well they played against Seattle at Seattle and in game two the 49ers came to town and we know how that game played out.

I again can see this defense doing either without being shocked but I'm leaning towards they will get hosed tonight against a Browns offense leaving Burrow and company the pressure to keep up in this high scoring game.

Either way Rome's not burning and were not going deep into the playoffs, I'm hoping for a great game and very little of Randy "NeverMind The" Bullocks!

Interesting stat on Joe from last week 0 for 5 on passes of 20 yards or more and 0 for 5 under pressure,  Burrow improves tonight in those two areas we have a chance on offense but def needs to stop run
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 09:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Interesting stat on Joe from last week 0 for 5 on passes of 20 yards or more and 0 for 5 under pressure,  Burrow improves tonight in those two areas we have a chance on offense but def needs to stop run

Mahommes also hit 0% of his attempted passes of over 20 yards.  Check MATE.
Reply/Quote
I want to drop a festering steamer in Zac Taylor’s driveway, and hoist a flag in the pile that says “YOU.”
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote