Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets See How Bell Gets The Team Out Of Their Slump
The Reds are officially in a slump with three straight goose egg games. I'm interested how Bell gets them out of the slump. Maybe mix up the lineup or start bench players. Bell gets paid to manage times like these so hope he has it figured out on Sunday.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Send in the large and not particularly attractive women to provide a certain service. Oldest trick in the book.
Reply/Quote
Needed an average #3/4 pitcher weeks ago but that wouldn't have helped them this weekend. The young bats may not stay hot all year so keep Newman and Senzel and add a starter right now regardless of the young starters due weeks to a month from now. Carlos Jorge or Victor Acosta are guys outside their top ten prospects and a few of their many middle infielders. Either should get you a stable rental at least and deal a lesser prospect for a reliever at the deadline.
Reply/Quote
Team slump, kinda unusual

Over last 7 games:

India - batting .115 one RBI

Steer - batting .042 zero RBI's

Stephenson - batting .050 one RBI

Friedl - batting .136 zero RBI's

Fraley - batting .167 three RBI's

McClain - batting .286 but zero RBI's

Noone getting on, no one getting in. That's five of our regular starters with a combined average of what ? .100

I'm usually against mixing it up, the lineup, all the time. But me tinks it's time for some shaking up. India has played in every game thus far, give him a day or two off. With CES coming up have the infield be Steer, DLC, McClain, CES

Put DLC leading off, CES cleanup, Steer 5th, Benson batting 3rd. try something for crying out loud
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bell mixed up the lineup some tonight. Elly leading off.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 02:35 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Bell mixed up the lineup some tonight. Elly leading off.

I was happy to see that. Hoping this is "really" India's comeback.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My choice lineup would be this
Friedl CF
McLain 2B
De La Cruz SS
Steer 3B
Votto DH
Encarnacion-Strand 1B
Benson LF
Stephenson/Maile/Casali C
Fraley RF

However . . . utility super rookie Steer . . . I wonder if he can play 2nd? I like De La Cruz defensively, but when he's at third, he's an upgrade over Steer and  McLain is pretty damn amazing at SS. The kid already plays well at 3rd, 1st and LF without any apparent drop off in hitting, maybe he can make the turn at 2nd?

Also, I might swap Benson and Votto in the lineup.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote