0%
0 0%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets be realistic About this upcoming season
Lightbulb 
I am sure we have our optimistic fans who think we are going to the superbowl every year, or "Homers" if you will. We also have those who are going to be down on this team very badly and no matter if we finish 13-3 will complain about the 3 we lost and talk about how we're going to blow it in the first round. I want the REALISTS to give an honest and detailed prediction for this upcoming season, and for the sake of argument we will say that NOBODY Crucial to the team gets hurt; only so that predictions can be made on if we have all our key players all the time. I know this is a dream scenario and will not happen, but it just makes it simpler for prediction purposes. Also I will do a prediction if we lose only 1 major starter on offense or defense, DALTON for offense, and Burfict for defense are OFF LIMITS and wont be injured for the major player injured prediction : (Poll is for 1 key injury prediction) So without further delay, here we go!

<<<*** 2015 Bengals Record ***>>>
<<<*** 12 wins, 4 Losses ***>>> No Injuries
<<<*** 10 wins, 6 Losses ***>>> We lose a single key OFF or DEF Player

_____OFFENSE_____
I think that the 2015 Bengals will be a force to be reckoned with, if the offense can light it up like we know Hue Jackson can get it going. Once Hue gets us firing on all cylinders, we wont be able to be stopped. He had Jason Campbell in oakland with an 8-8 Record and a top 10 offense (I believe it was top 10 that year). He just seems to have a way to motivate those and get the most out of them, and is the only oakland coach to give them an 8-8 record since over 10 years ago!
QB) I think the Front office, Marvin lewis, and Hue have given Andy Dalton every single chance to succeed this year and want to make sure that if he is given everything he needs, he can be an elite QB. Sadly I think this may not happen, and we will know for sure to be looking for a future franchise QB since after this year we can cut him free and clear if he does'nt work out. I sure hope we don't, but I can see it happening in the desperation move to keep cincy filling those seats every sunday and lining browns pocketbook.
TE.) is a position I can easily see gresham giving in to coming back, at a lower salary and as the #2 guy just to save his career.... He needs to play to make money, and any team signing him is better than none, plus he knows the system and would be a GREAT 2nd TE during red zone drives. If he refuses to come back, we have 2 rookies who look good enough to fill in for at least this year, and they must have enough faith in T.E. (tyler eiffert, lol just noticed his initials are the same as the position he plays.)
WR.) AJ Green is an absolute beast, but I wonder if he has gotten cocky and thinks he is "good enough" and isnt trying to become the best of all time. This is in fact pure speculation, and just a gut feeling. Regardless, he is an absolutely AMAZING #1 WR and could benefit from Marvin Jones supplanting the #2 spot that was filled by #3 receivers this past year. Sanu and the others can definitely come into their own, and I really want to see what Sanzenbacher will do! Overall I say our receiving corps WR and TE together will be a dominant one, especially if Gresham comes back on the cheap!
OL.) We all know this is going to be our bread and butter position, Madden (as well as every great coach) have always said the game is won in the trenches, and if we get our team protecting Dalton with all this talent he could be an ELITE QB. Whitworth is a absolute monster at tackle OR he can slide in to guard. Boling is GREAT, and Smith is Sure'ing up the right side. So those new tackles can plug in to whatever position they can improve us at, and when an inevitable OL injury happens they are there to step in with almost no drop off in performance.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be Following up with the review of the defense in this post 2moro. Please share your opinions, thoughts, and even light criticisms! This new board will be a great one, and I would LOVE for all the boards.bengals members to move here with us!
Reply/Quote
Your poll states "1 key injury". I think we're going to start the season with Bufict out, so there's already 1 injury. I just don't have the confidence we can only have 1 key injury as the past season has shown. We're still a little dinged up and who knows how these guys will respond? (Burfict, Eifert, Jones.....) But if we are healthy, and Dalton keeps within his abilities, we should get another crack at a playoff, dare I say....win.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I voted for 11 wins.  

I don't think it is possible to have only 1 key injury.  If we were that lucky, if it was anyone else than Dalton, Green, or Hill, then I think we would win 14 games plus or minus 1.
Reply/Quote
I'm comfortable predicting 10-6 this year with or without a key injury.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
13-3. Bengals dominate the AFC. You can check back after the season is over and know for fact that I can see the future.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 11:20 PM)tenacious-B Wrote: 13-3. Bengals dominate the AFC. You can check back after the season is over and know for fact that I can see the future.

And if you're wrong, then you're no prophet. Just another prophet wannbe.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I've got 9-7. It's just a safe prediction…
Not sure what to expect. Hopefully, we can run the ball like crazy and win games by three each week.
Reply/Quote
Since the team managed 10 wins last season with significant injuries to key players on both sides of the ball, I'm relatively confident we can see them repeat that at a minimum. Purely speculative at this point though. It seems to be stating the obvious however, when I say we have to see how healthy the players return and how our opponents have improved. I tell ya, I hate this time during the off-season. Absolutely nothing to go on except speculation.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 11:32 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: And if you're wrong, then you're no prophet. Just another prophet wannbe.

There was a hint of sarcasm in my initial comment, but I'm predicting you didn't pick up on it.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 12:16 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Since the team managed 10 wins last season with significant injuries to key players on both sides of the ball, I'm relatively confident we can see them repeat that at a minimum. Purely speculative at this point though. It seems to be stating the obvious however, when I say we have to see how healthy the players return and how our opponents have improved. I tell ya, I hate this time during the off-season. Absolutely nothing to go on except speculation.

Yea I agree. Though I've heard some say the schedule is tougher this year. But hey if you wanna be the man you gotta beat the man. Amirite?Tiger
Reply/Quote
We are always snake bitten when it comes to key injuries. I really hope to see Eifert this year healthy and taking the NFL by storm.
Reply/Quote
I went with 12-4, which may seem like a lofty prediction, even from an optimist such as myself.

I just have a feeling that by keeping the OL together, and receiving targets coming back healthy, this Bengal Offense is going to put some serious points on the scoreboard this season. With a dominating OL, one of the better RB duos in the league, and an array of large receiving targets, all Andy will have to do is not trip over his own feet in order for this team not to average 31+ points per game.

I also see the Defense regaining some of the swagger that they had, prior to last season. Yes, I am still concerned about the Burfict injury situation, but I really like the addition of Paul Dawson and AJ Hawk at LB. The front 4 should be as good as they were, leading up to when Geno Atkins was injured. I feel like Geno will really want to show that he has made a full recovery. With Atkins crashing the middle of the pocket, I see Dunlap and Michael Johnson getting a lot of sacks funneled their way. The secondary, likely not on anyone's top 5 list at this point, I feel will look like the Seahawks of two years ago, by season's end. I see the secondary being able to take advantage of plenty of rushed/poorly thrown balls, due to the pressure the front 4 will be bringing.

The key to this season will be dominance on both sides of the line of scrimmage. We have the personnel capable of doing the job. All that is left is for Andy to finally assume command, and win a couple of big games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This team had a lot going against them last year and they still pulled out 10 1/2 wins. I am confident in their abities, but in the NFL nothing is guaranteed and everything must be proven.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well going into Marv's 13th season, he's never won more than 11 games and he's only managed that twice. So it's a safe bet that they won't be a top 3 AFC team or win 12+ games.

They haven't had a winning division record since the 2009 sweep.

Going off the past, I don't see how anyone could reasonably predict anything other than 8-11 wins and a swift first round ass-kicking.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 10:16 PM)Baby Hawk Wrote: I voted for 11 wins.  

I don't think it is possible to have only 1 key injury.  If we were that lucky, if it was anyone else than Dalton, Green, or Hill, then I think we would win 14 games plus or minus 1.

Yeah, i voted 11-5 as well.

Just sucks that i doubt we can ever win a Playoff game with Marv at the helm.

Hope i am wrong.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 10:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I went with 12-4, which may seem like a lofty prediction, even from an optimist such as myself.

I just have a feeling that by keeping the OL together, and receiving targets coming back healthy, this Bengal Offense is going to put some serious points on the scoreboard this season.  With a dominating OL, one of the better RB duos in the league, and an array of large receiving targets, all Andy will have to do is not trip over his own feet in order for this team not to average 31+ points per game.

I also see the Defense regaining some of the swagger that they had, prior to last season.  Yes, I am still concerned about the Burfict injury situation, but I really like the addition of Paul Dawson and AJ Hawk at LB.  The front 4 should be as good as they were, leading up to when Geno Atkins was injured.  I feel like Geno will really want to show that he has made a full recovery.  With Atkins crashing the middle of the pocket, I see Dunlap and Michael Johnson getting a lot of sacks funneled their way.  The secondary, likely not on anyone's top 5 list at this point, I feel will look like the Seahawks of two years ago, by season's end.  I see the secondary being able to take advantage of plenty of rushed/poorly thrown balls, due to the pressure the front 4 will be bringing.

The key to this season will be dominance on both sides of the line of scrimmage.  We have the personnel capable of doing the job.  All that is left is for Andy to finally assume command, and win a couple of big games.

Football is almost always decided in the trenches. I think we made great strides to improve those areas so far and am excited to see where it goes.
Reply/Quote
I have been an optimistic fan in this green Dalton era, and I think our drafting has been stellar during marvin's tenure. On paper, this team looks stacked at many positions, with tons of depth to go around as well. Barring too many injuries again, we are certainly playoff/super bowl contenders again this year. Not having marvin jones, eifert, burfict all year, and green, gio maualuga, smith for a few games, definitely had its effect on the team, and we still got to the playoffs. With all them back and adding some more good players, (mostly depth for now) I can see us having a very good year. AGAIN, barring the injuries. I believe everyone will agree once they see how we do with most of our main guys. Burfict we know is an absolute stud with an attitude that gets the whole d fired up. You lose a 10 TD wr, its gonna hurt. Eifert was poised for a huge breakout season imho before his season ended so early. Last year was a constant change of plans with all the injuries and it affected the rhythm of the offense thru the season. I think our depth thru the whole team needs to be noticed. A lot of these guys can probably start on some other teams. I mean, we did still make the playoffs with all the injuries we did have. Guys stepped up. I also think we improved even more with the depth. I like our lb core now, and am very curious to see dawson. I think shaw will turn out to be a very smart pick, and with dre k., Dennard, hall, pacman, and shaw, gotta be a pretty darn group of cbs. WRs and TEs look refreshed. We are stocked in a lot of areas, so its hard not to think we can still do it, even if there are some injuries. We are poised again to do big things, but lets see where we are come weeks 16/17 and how the roster looks. Its all about timing really. You can't go into the playoffs without your top two TE's, WRs, and LBs, and expect to win, even tho my optimistic self still did!
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 11:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well going into Marv's 13th season, he's never won more than 11 games and he's only managed that twice. So it's a safe bet that they won't be a top 3 AFC team or win 12+ games.

They haven't had a winning division record since the 2009 sweep.

Going off the past, I don't see how anyone could reasonably predict anything other than 8-11 wins and a swift first round ass-kicking.

Based on history it was impossible for us to make the playoffs four years in a row.

History does not control what we do this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on history it was impossible for us to make the playoffs four years in a row.

I agree that history would have no influence, but only if this team were completely different. We know what Marvin brings to the table. He's shown us over and over again. I don't really see how anyone can have confidence in that changing.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on history it was impossible for us to make the playoffs four years in a row.

Predicting the future based solely on the past is like driving with your eyes glued to the rear view mirror.  

I read something like that a long time ago.  I believe it was in "A random walk down wall street."
Reply/Quote