2-14
0%
0 0%
Total 85 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets be realistic About this upcoming season
(05-22-2015, 11:20 PM)tenacious-B Wrote: 13-3. Bengals dominate the AFC. You can check back after the season is over and know for fact that I can see the future.

lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
No one has us below .500, thats always good.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 04:49 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I agree that history would have no influence, but only if this team were completely different.  We know what Marvin brings to the table.  He's shown us over and over again.  I don't really see how anyone can have confidence in that changing.

Exactly. If there were significant changes, it'd be foolish to to predict the future based on the past.

Thing is, there hasn't been any significant changes. We have the same HC, QB and core group of players that has produced nearly identical results for 4 consecutive years. So at this point I think it's a safe bet to predict 9-11 wins and a playoff loss.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 08:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. If there were significant changes, it'd be foolish to to predict the future based on the past.

Thing is, there hasn't been any significant changes. We have the same HC, QB and core group of players that has produced nearly identical results for 4 consecutive years. So at this point I think it's a safe bet to predict 9-11 wins and a playoff loss.

Well Shake, there have been changes. Not in the form of radical, Cleveland Browns sort of changes, but most definitely changes. Sure, Marvin is still the HC, and Andy is still the QB. However, keeping the OL in tact, and getting a pair of formidable receiving targets back are obvious changes for the good. Defensively, they got Michael Johnson back, huge in it's own right. Additionally, they drafted a DT and LB, signed another quality veteran LB. Special Teams should get a nice boost in Alford.

Organizationally, Hue Jackson will be settling into his second year as OC, and this time with a full compliment of Offensive players to work with. Paul Guenther now has his rookie season as DC under his belt, and the team brought back a key piece to the front 4. I'd say that he will have the defense tuned up.

Yeah, I would have like to have seen Marvin retire, or the FO decide to make a trade for Aaron Rodgers, but that did not happen. So, as a Bengal fan, I'm just thankful that we're not coming off of 2-14 or 4-12..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I say we go 12-4 and go to the Superbowl this year. If the defense is healthy they can still be in the top 5, and the offense is going to be really good next year with everyone healthy, and Hill as the established runner. If we stay relatively healthy all year we could make it to the Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
Too early to really guess. If everyone is back healthy and performing to their ability, 12 or 13 wins is attainable. On the flip side, if Geno isn't back to being Geno, Eifert isn't ready, Burfict is out, etc, etc, then it could be 6 or 7 wins just as easily.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 11:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Too early to really guess. If everyone is back healthy and performing to their ability, 12 or 13 wins is attainable. On the flip side, if Geno isn't back to being Geno, Eifert isn't ready, Burfict is out, etc, etc, then it could be 6 or 7 wins just as easily.

Didn't we just get 10 wins in a season like that?
Reply/Quote
I voted 11-5.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 11:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well going into Marv's 13th season, he's never won more than 11 games and he's only managed that twice. So it's a safe bet that they won't be a top 3 AFC team or win 12+ games.

They haven't had a winning division record since the 2009 sweep.

Going off the past, I don't see how anyone could reasonably predict anything other than 8-11 wins and a swift first round ass-kicking.

Agree,

IF a whole bunch of things go right I could see this being one of the better Bengal teams ever. If Geno can come back somewhere close to what he was. If MJ can come back to what he was and Dunlap can finally learn how to finish.

If Burfict can return and or Hawk and Dawson step in a contribute. If Dennard and Kirkpatrick can step up into starting roles and/or Jones and Hall still have something left.

If Eifert and Jones can come back and realize the potential they've shown. If Hill can continue and they learn how to use Gio. If Andy can find the confidence he's displayed here and there and keep it.

One could go on and on but then you realize it's the same HC and most of the same staff that have layed one of the bigger eggs in post season history so................. 10 -6/ 9 -7 range is all I see with the schedule we have and I have near zero post season hope.

Pray they prove me wrong
Reply/Quote
I feel this season is truly on Dalton's shoulders, more so than usual because of the tougher opponents we face. We could go anywhere from 7-9 to
12-4 depending on his performance in key games.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2015, 05:57 AM)Baby Hawk Wrote: Didn't we just get 10 wins in a season like that?

Just like that, good point lol
Reply/Quote
I voted 9-7, mostly because of the nasty schedule. 10-6 is also realistic, and 11-5 or 8-8 are possible as well.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
12 - 4

This is our year.
Super Bowl
Reply/Quote
I voted 11-5. It's a bit on the high side I must admit.

I could also see this team going 8-8. The schedule is tougher this year and the team will have to play better than it did last year to go 11-5.

On paper the team appears improved. Hill starting at RB for a full year will help. MJ coming back will help the DL perform better against the run. Eiferts' and Burfict's health remain a concern.

McCarron claiming he's going to push Dalton for playing time is a welcome sound. Not that I believe McCarron will beat Andy out but it gives the team an option if Dalton pulls another Cleveland or Indy game on us. The coaches need to start pulling him when he's stinking up the joint.

Reply/Quote
I went 11-5. I think the team turns the corner this year. I think they have a great showing in prime time, surprise some really good teams, make the playoffs, and break the playoff drought.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 10:00 AM)Bengal Jells Wrote: We are always snake bitten when it comes to key injuries. I really hope to see Eifert this year healthy and taking the NFL by storm.

I really think Eifert will be the next Aaron Hernandez in terms of Talent, and the next whitworth in terms of brains and maturity. We may just have the nfl's premier tight end, and if Dalton had that safety net in a GREAT TE and someone to take some of the heat off of AJ Green (or AC Green am I right guys? lol.)
I do think we have a team that is going to go 10-6 no matter who gets hurt. We seem to be 1 key injury away from being great and making a deep playoff run, the year before it was atkins (who still wasnt 100% last year), and this past year it was Burfict. I am hoping to see the return of MJ making us yet again ELITE rushing the passer. I know MJ had mediocre stats the year before he left, and in tampa bay, but he is one of those guys who other teams seem to overlook and not focus on when it comes to blocking, since peko and atkins (mostly atkins) require a lot of attention blocking, and at the end of the day you just cant block everybody when you have a D-Line like ours.
Daddy He once told me "Son you be hard working man" And Momma she once told me "Son you do the best you can" Then one day, I met a wise man, who came to me and said "Hard work good, and best is fine, but first take care of Head"   >> Proof you can not ignore the health of your mind.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 12:28 AM)BengalChris Wrote: McCarron claiming he's going to push Dalton for playing time is a welcome sound. Not that I believe McCarron will beat Andy out but it gives the team an option if Dalton pulls another Cleveland or Indy game on us. The coaches need to start pulling him when he's stinking up the joint.

Come on man, pulling a QB and then putting him back in only ruins his confidence. I was watching the NFL network special on Kurt Warner, and when he said "I think the best thing for the young guy (Eli Manning) is to never turn to me again and let him play it out, so he's not looking over his shoulder"... In many ways, I view Andy Dalton as a Eli Manning type of QB, They have similar stats and capabilities, but the thing is ELI is never questioned in NY, because he has played good in a superbowl and playoff run. I remember when they said that Eli was elite, and its just not true. I remember a game not TOO LONG ago in which Eli Manning, threw 5 interceptions, and there was never talk of "Is he a franchise QB, is he good enough?", all the talk was of "The giants line is terrible, does eli have enough weapons?"... I just feel as if Dalton is unfairly given criticism that other qb's in other cities dont get. Heck I remember Palmer constantly being questioned :/
Daddy He once told me "Son you be hard working man" And Momma she once told me "Son you do the best you can" Then one day, I met a wise man, who came to me and said "Hard work good, and best is fine, but first take care of Head"   >> Proof you can not ignore the health of your mind.
Reply/Quote
0-16

Then they get Joey Bosa...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Depends on the coaching calls during the season.
If they do the same thing and abandon what works, what would you expect?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 12:28 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I voted 11-5. It's a bit on the high side I must admit.

I could also see this team going 8-8. The schedule is tougher this year and the team will have to play better than it did last year to go 11-5.

On paper the team appears improved. Hill starting at RB for a full year will help. MJ coming back will help the DL perform better against the run. Eiferts' and Burfict's health remain a concern.

McCarron claiming he's going to push Dalton for playing time is a welcome sound. Not that I believe McCarron will beat Andy out but it gives the team an option if Dalton pulls another Cleveland or Indy game on us. The coaches need to start pulling him when he's stinking up the joint.

McCarron might and I mean might win the backup job and that will be it. He will not be pushing Dalton for playing time.
Reply/Quote