Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
(11-26-2018, 03:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It really was a great team. Dalton and Green had one of their best years, we had Gresh/Eifert, Marvin Jones, Sanu, Gio, a top 5 defense, Jay and Zimmer at coordinator spots, etc. Possibly the best team of the Marv era.

Yeah.... I was at the Chargers playoff game. It was the last game I've been to with my Dad. I remember late in the 2,nd quarter there wasn't a doubt in my mind they were gonna win that game. They hadn't done much, but... They don't lose at home...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Regular season games matter.

Yes, they do. And getting blown out in the regular season by one of the worst teams in league also matters. A LOT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No, I sure didn't. Do you think the loss of those 2 excuses losing to an inferior Chargers team at home (where we were 8-0)? 

The post above won that little exchange with Fred. We had more talent than the Giants. Even in 2013 without Geno or Hall.

Yeah...sadly people forget that even the great Mike Zimmer's defenses tended to melt down in the playoffs. And when the defense played well, the offense did.

This team plays playoff games with a 1000 pound monkey on their back. They play not to lose, rather than to win. Like they're trying to erase 26 years of playoff failure in 1 game.

And...they find a way to lose.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 09:31 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah.... I was at the Chargers playoff game. It was the last game I've been to with my Dad. I remember late in the 2,nd quarter there wasn't a doubt in my mind they were gonna win that game. They hadn't done much, but... They don't lose at home...

It's weird...I kind of forget about that Chargers loss too. I could easily recite other playoff losses, but that one I'd struggle to remember.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...sadly people forget that even the great Mike Zimmer's defenses tended to melt down in the playoffs. And when the defense played well, the offense did.

This team plays playoff games with a 1000 pound monkey on their back. They play not to lose, rather than to win. Like they're trying to erase 26 years of playoff failure in 1 game.

That was the one knock on Zimmer defenses when he was here and it was a big knock. But do we really know how much of that was Marv. Zimmer's teams in Minnesota play better in the playoffs than his defense did in Cincinnati.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No, I sure didn't. Do you think the loss of those 2 excuses losing to an inferior Chargers team at home (where we were 8-0)? 

The post above won that little exchange with Fred. We had more talent than the Giants. Even in 2013 without Geno or Hall.

I think losing you're best player might play a big part in it. Especially considering they ran it down our throats all day Geno specifically could and would have made a difference. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:24 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think losing you're best player might play a big part in it. Especially considering they ran it down our throats all day Geno specifically could and would have made a difference. 

He didn't make a difference in all the other games he didn't miss.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...sadly people forget that even the great Mike Zimmer's defenses tended to melt down in the playoffs. And when the defense played well, the offense did.

Hasn't been that way in Minnesota. They've been solid in 2 of their 3 playoff games, holding the Seahawks to 10 points and a high powered Saints offense to 24. I'd have to check on his Cowboys days, but I doubt Zim was bad there, either. It's the "Marvin effect".

(11-26-2018, 12:24 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think losing you're best player might play a big part in it. Especially considering they ran it down our throats all day Geno specifically could and would have made a difference. 

Atkins was there for:

188 rush yards to the Texans (2011)
158 rush yards to the Texans (2012)
114 rush yards to the Colts (2014)
167 rush yards to the Steelers (2015)

The Colts and Steelers got that yardage with 3rd and 4th string RB's. Geno wasn't stopping anybody. No offense to him, he's a great player. He just has the misfortune of playing for Marvin Lewis. Just like all these other players I can't blame.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hasn't been that way in Minnesota. They've been solid in 2 of their 3 playoff games, holding the Seahawks to 10 points and a high powered Saints offense to 24. I'd have to check on his Cowboys days, but I doubt Zim was bad there, either. It's the "Marvin effect".

Atkins was there for:

188 rush yards to the Texans (2011)
158 rush yards to the Texans (2012)
114 rush yards to the Colts (2014)
167 rush yards to the Steelers (2015)

The Colts and Steelers got that yardage with 3rd and 4th string RB's. Geno wasn't stopping anybody. No offense to him, he's a great player. He just has the misfortune of playing for Marvin Lewis. Just like all these other players I can't blame.

Merv became Bungalized, and now he is Mervinizing fools......he's a beast!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Merv became Bungalized, and now he is Mervinizing fools......he's a beast!

Mervinized ! LMAO I love it
Reply/Quote