Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets give Marvin credit this season ....
Let's give Marvin Credit for making the Bengals the 1990s version one and version 2 - 0 Playoff wins in 16 years. Marvin can piss up a rope
Reply/Quote
I am still looking for a typo in the 2009 season. They swept the AFC North?????

Doing a quick search since the four team divisions were created, the Bengals have NEVER swept the division from what I could find.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I am still looking for a typo in the 2009 season.  They swept the AFC North?????

Doing a quick search since the four team divisions were created, the Bengals have NEVER swept the division from what I could find.

Here ya go: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2009.htm
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 09:56 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I am still looking for a typo in the 2009 season.  They swept the AFC North?????

2009 was a decent year.  We all had the feeling the team was an over-achieving farce, but it was fun while it lasted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: 2009 was a decent year.  We all had the feeling the team was an over-achieving farce, but it was fun while it lasted.

This one seens like a defensive underachiever.....my God they suck against decent olines.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 10:16 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Here ya go: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2009.htm

I didn't word that very well wf.

I was being sarcastic and know they swept the North in 2009.

Outside of 2009, I couldn't find another year that they swept the divsion.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 06:59 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I didn't word that very well wf.

I was being sarcastic and know they swept the North in 2009.

Outside of 2009, I couldn't find another year that they swept the divsion.

2009 is the only year we swept the division. 

It's funny, we were so excited to sweep the Steelers, but they've swept us a bunch of times.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:34 PM)HuDey Wrote: This is the same guy that had some fans melting down because he wasn’t replaced in the off season. I will not heap praise upon Marvin for having the team above dumpster fire level 6 games into the season. Win some games against the upper tier teams first, or for crying out loud at least beat the Steelers!
The Bengals beat the tied for first place Dolphins and the tied for first place Ravens.

We lost to the third place Squealers.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 02:54 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The Bengals beat the tied for first place Dolphins and the tied for first place Ravens.

We lost to the third place Squealers.

Do you honestly believe any of those three teams have a shot at the Super Bowl? I don’t. And if you asked me which of the three has the best shot at a title, I would say it’s those “third place Squealers”.

Tied for first place at the 6 game mark does not mean a whole lot.
Reply/Quote
Sure the ravens have a shot. They got a seriously good defense and Flacco’s done it before. And they seem to have the pats number come playoff time. I wouldn’t sleep on them.
Reply/Quote
Give Marvin credit for what? Losing to the Steelers again? This is the same old team. Call me when they win a playoff game, or any game that really matters.
Reply/Quote
Lets give him more credit tonight for another heartless team on the filed in Prime time. Lets all do the "Marvin Clap"
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Welp. Marvin deserved credit for the 4-1 start.

Now he deserves credit for yet another loss to the Steelers and yet another embarrassing loss in prime-time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I give Marvin credit alright. I give him credit for being consistent. He's continued to look unprepared in primetime, and lose against the Steelers even when the Steelers tried giving us the game. Congrats Marvin and here's to many more years of the same thing! We at least know what were getting with you

consistency.......
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:39 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Since, you don't care now. Don't watch now. Smirk

See you in January :giggle:

(10-08-2018, 04:19 PM)McC Wrote: There's your problem right there.  This ain't the same.  Anyone can see that. 

And it's been my experience that if you're the only one seeing something a certain way and everybody else see it the opposite, the odds are you're the one who's wrong.  Not crazy pills, just mistaken pills.

Add now what do you think? Is it diffrent? Should we sing Marvin’s praises? Do you honestly think he’s getting over the hump this year? Is my cautious skepticism so out of line now?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:29 PM)motoarch Wrote: Add now what do you think?  Is it diffrent?  Should we sing Marvin’s praises?  Do you honestly think he’s getting over the hump this year?  Is my cautious skepticism so out of line now?

Currently, we are seeded #6 for the playoffs.

Only 12 teams out of 32 teams make the playoffs.

Do you think the 20 teams that don't make the playoffs will be happy?

Do you really think that a Mike Brown owned team will be a contender with a new cheap arse coach and coaching staff?
I guarantee you that when Marvin leaves and this team is still run by Mike Brown we will be in that group of 20 teams for years!!!!!
Reply/Quote
He is consistent if nothing else.

He consistently puts forth an embarrassing game plan with a team with no energy or desire anytime the lights are on or against Pittsburgh or in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 05:41 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Currently, we are seeded #6 for the playoffs.

Only 12 teams out of 32 teams make the playoffs.

Do you think the 20 teams that don't make the playoffs will be happy?

Do you really think that a Mike Brown owned team will be a contender with a new cheap arse coach and coaching staff?
I guarantee you that when Marvin leaves and this team is still run by Mike Brown we will be in that group of 20 teams for years!!!!!

No I don’t and I never said otherwise so I’m not sure what your point is to be honest.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:20 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: For adjusting in 2nd halves in games this season.

I have read many comments over the past couple of years that Marvin was bad in adjusting in second halves. It would be hypocritical even for the Marvin haters to not give him the credit this year, but to whine about previous years in regards to 2nd half adjustments.

Well, the Chiefs scored 24 pts. in the first half last night but only 21 pts. in the second half.  I guess Marvin deserves some credit for that.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:41 PM)motoarch Wrote: No I don’t and I never said otherwise so I’m not sure what your point is to be honest.

The point is simple.

Many hypocrites will give Dalton a pass for not advancing towards the playoffs, but will center on Marvin who has been here longer. Well there is someone who has been longer here than Marvin and that is Mike Brown all heat should go there. Look at Mike Brown's history record with the Bengals which is under .500. Look how many years the Bengals missed the playoffs, look how many cheap ass coaches they signed. This team will be pitiful again when Marvin leaves.
Reply/Quote