Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lets say good thing sabout Marvin Lewis and his teams
Only once in his tenure have we finished 4th in the division
Reply/Quote
Is it accurate to say that he has gotten better at challenges on the field
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He had absolutely nothing to do with the Reds becoming the Reds.. That alone is a bright spot. He's not Brian Price. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It's not the 90's?
He's consistent(ly mediocre)?
He's a record setter (for futility)?
He has the golf clap down to a science
He's so good he doesn't need no stinking halftime adjustments
He's been a top 32 NFL Head Coach for 15 years (my Fred-esque compliment)
He's "keen" on a practice facility 
He's the Belichick of Sunday 1pm non-playoff games
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 08:33 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Good things huh?  Well, he has a handsome smile.

Very true.  He appears to take dental hygiene seriously.  You can't over-hype that in a HC.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
giggles has Mike Brown to stick up for him because NO OTHER FRANCHISE OWNER IN THE NFL WOULD ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN!

There, that's as positive as it will get!

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 05:56 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Very true.  He appears to take dental hygiene seriously.  You can't over-hype that in a HC.

He eats shit every year, I disagree.

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 07:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He eats shit every year, I disagree.

One can consume feces, and still brush their...........................wait, what?   Shocked
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 07:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He eats shit every year, I disagree.

Well, poor eating habits, including diets that exceed the recommended daily allowance of excrement, can still be mitigated with daily brushing and flossing.

[Image: 204031_s.gif]
Reply/Quote
He hasn't gone 0 and 8 in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 09:09 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, poor eating habits, including diets that exceed the recommended daily allowance of excrement, can still be mitigated with daily brushing and flossing.

[Image: 204031_s.gif]

Mike, Marvin (and a cup).

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2017, 09:53 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He hasn't gone 0 and 8 in the playoffs.

But, he has the coaching instincts and determination to get that eighth playoff loss!  Who Dey!

I like this whole positive thinking thing.
Reply/Quote
This is all I got.

I only wish "locker room with the cameras rolling Marvin Lewis" was our the sidelines gameday Coach Lewis.

Instead we get the let's go clapper and often this reaction...

[Image: th?id=OIP.uqUEwgwOsa10HYDYhK6rYgEsDI&pid...=241&h=161]

If somehow someday he could bring this fire to the sidelines we might just have hope...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 11:54 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This is all I got.

I only wish "locker room with the cameras rolling Marvin Lewis" was our the sidelines gameday Coach Lewis.

Instead we get the let's go clapper and often this reaction...

[Image: th?id=OIP.uqUEwgwOsa10HYDYhK6rYgEsDI&pid...=241&h=161]

If somehow someday he could bring this fire to the sidelines we might just have hope...

I gotta tell ya, I love this speech. You're exactly right about taking the fire to the field. However, with all the missed tackles and flamboyant play by many of the players which we seen last year, it makes me think this we done specifically for the camera's. Once they stopped rolling, they all probably giggled.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 12:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I gotta tell ya, I love this speech. You're exactly right about taking the fire to the field. However, with all the missed tackles and flamboyant play by many of the players which we seen last year, it makes me think this we done specifically for the camera's. Once they stopped rolling, they all probably giggled.
True.

They probably gave each other piggy back rides and did "The Carlton" after the cameras were shut off.

[Image: carlton-dance-o.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's apparently never spit on a nurse.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 12:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I gotta tell ya, I love this speech. You're exactly right about taking the fire to the field. However, with all the missed tackles and flamboyant play by many of the players which we seen last year, it makes me think this we done specifically for the camera's. Once they stopped rolling, they all probably giggled.

This is called "confirmation bias".  That is what it is called when you see what you want to see instead of what really happened.
Reply/Quote
I would rather read a thread about new helmet designs
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 03:53 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: I would rather read a thread about new helmet designs

What's wrong with the ones we have?  I really don't feel like boxing up a ton of shit I have already purchased with the current design.  You trying to get me in divorce court? I'm sure you understand I would have to replace it all with current shit, yet my wife wouldn't.  Marriage killer!

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is called "confirmation bias".  That is what it is called when you see what you want to see instead of what really happened.

From Marvin's previous statements it leaves us to believe that the staff and himself coach the players up to gameday.

Once gameday begins it's the players who need to execute and perform.

If they do not perform then they only have themselves to blame.

Some of that is true. 

Though you do want your coach to pull and encourage players sometimes while the game is in progress.

Not sit there with mouth agape in disbelief, only to snap out of it, clapping and shouting "Let's Go!!" from afar.

No... he doesn't have to scream and stomp his feet.  Though there is nothing wrong disciplining the player on the sidelines.

Marvin I believe is a faith based coach.  He puts great faith in his methods, coaches, and his players.

Which is a good thing but also can be a drawback.

I would love to have someone interview Marvin with sideline video to pick his brain about what was going on at times and question his reactions.
Reply/Quote