Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets talk about the Browns
First, I thought about putting this in any one of the other current Browns threads but they're all about QB's. I'd like to discuss the entire franchise.

Really, the overall point could be obviated into one small sentence.

I think Cleveland is with Hugh for the long term and he will turn them around even if he seemingly fails at first.

But, I'd like to explore the idea in a broader sense.

I believe Cincinnati is setting a standard that many teams will be following and I think Cleveland plucked Hugh in large part because of his experience with Cincinnati and that (Cleveland) will live and die with Hugh for at least 5 years (maybe more) no matter what happens. I believe they are gonna allow him to build it from the ground up. The fact that they've let several key players go reinforces this.

Real quick, I think Jacksonville has followed some of the things The Bengals have done. But I don't know much about them, just that I told everybody I know that plays FFB to get Bortles. I said this long before the season started. He's gonna be good and he seems to be a Dalton clone. Anyone else see this?

As for Cleveland, I'd like to see Cincinnati take them to cleaners with AJM. I know I know. But it's quite difficult to discuss The Browns without talking about the QB position  so sue me:)

AJ's gone as soon as he gets the chance and if Hugh is still in Cleveland, which I'm positive he will be, if I'm AJ, there's no way in hell I don't B-line it strait to Cleveland at a premium and re up with Hugh, unless Cleveland's already found their QB by then, which I don't see it in this draft, but I don't follow college ball.

Anybody see any real NFL QB's in this draft or next?

So I think Cincinnati can get a nice deal for AJ and considering it would be within the division, I'd say they could get a pretty sweet deal, knowing there's a very strong possibility of AJ ending up there anyway for nothing.

I don't know, I just think Cleveland is gonna do everything they can to win with Hugh.

It's nice to have an easy opponent twice per year. But I like rivalries. I hate that team in piss and black colors. I'd like to hate Cleveland as much.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
They couldn't "money ball" with the players that they released.

They are wanting to start from scratch and work their way up to get the players they need.

I don't think the plan is to win now or else.

Hue is just a very knowledgeable coach that has experience on both sides of the ball.

I really don't think Cincinnati is the model for them and that is why they picked Hue.

If Hue was on another successful team he still would be a candidate in my opinion.

I'm not saying that the Bengals approach is taken under consideration by other teams such as the Browns.

I just don't think Hue's hiring is intentionally trying to be like the Bengals.

He might not have had anything to do with personnel choices or decisions of that nature anyways.

As far as AJM goes... eh he may be.okay but not shown anything spectacular.

I say trade him to anyone willing to part with some decent draft picks.

The window for success is open and there are a few holes to fill that don't require him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
YI do think the hue hire was to copy what marvin did in Cincy. I also think the last Selling point to hue after the marvin supposedly offerred him a coach in waiting situation. They probably said why wait to live off what marvin built.... Come do what marvin did here and we will let you build it on Cleveland.

I am also not convinced they take a qb in round 1. They may do the marvin route and go round 2 with cook while taking an impact player like Jack.
Reply/Quote
If the Browns haven't won a playoff game by 2029 do you think Hue will still be the HC there?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 10:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If the Browns haven't won a playoff game by 2029 do you think Hue will still be the HC there?

Do you think the Bengals will have won a playoff game by 2029 and will Marvin still be HC?
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 12:22 AM)Vambo Wrote: Do you think the Bengals will have won a playoff game by 2029 and will Marvin still be HC?

C'mon now, I'm asking a semi-legit question.  I honestly wonder if even the most ardent Marvin defenders would be as accepting if the 2029 Browns are still winless in the playoffs and Hue Jackson is still the HC.
Reply/Quote
They got RGIII
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 12:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: C'mon now, I'm asking a semi-legit question.  I honestly wonder if even the most ardent Marvin defenders would be as accepting if the 2029 Browns are still winless in the playoffs and Hue Jackson is still the HC.

So was I, When was the last time Marvin won a playoff game? The Bengals have been stacked with talent on several occasions and squander it.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 12:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: C'mon now, I'm asking a semi-legit question.  I honestly wonder if even the most ardent Marvin defenders would be as accepting if the 2029 Browns are still winless in the playoffs and Hue Jackson is still the HC.

Yes.. if Hue makes the Brown as competitive and consistent in making the  playoffs... regardless of  playoff record though I do think you can;t compare a team vs a team with playoff record.. for example if the Browns would be favored in their playoff games and they lost 5 of them in a row.. i would say they would not be as accepting.. but  if they had the same situations that the Bengals have had in playoffs last 5 years .... they will be accepting but wanting more just as many Bengal fans that support Marvin as head coach are.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 05:32 PM)Vambo Wrote: So was I, When was the last time Marvin won a playoff game? The Bengals have been stacked with talent on several occasions and squander it.

You're obviously new around here so I'll not laugh too hard at the fact that you are asking me of all people to defend Marvin Lewis' teflon tenure.

(03-24-2016, 07:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes.. if Hue makes the Brown as competitive and consistent in making the  playoffs... regardless of  playoff record though I do think you can;t compare a team vs a team with playoff record.. for example if the Browns would be favored in their playoff games and they lost 5 of them in a row.. i would say they would not be as accepting.. but  if they had the same situations that the Bengals have had in playoffs last 5 years .... they will be accepting but wanting more just as many Bengal fans that support Marvin as head coach are.

Ok, well I'll tell you what...when any other AFC North team, be it the Steelers/Ravens/Browns have a coach who goes winless in the playoffs in 13 years you can stand there and admire him and I'll be rolling on the floor in laughter.  Deal?
Reply/Quote