Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets use our TE that averages over 20 yards per catch.
(10-26-2018, 02:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just when I'd almost forgotten about ol' stone hands.  Sick

It's funny, the Bills wound up signing that dude. Guess they've always loved our scrubs.

Did they? I'm looking at his Wikipedia page and it says he has been out of the league since 2011. He played for the Broncos and Giants after us.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love any one of those players, especially Thomas or Fleener. Fasano is still around? Damn. Old fella.

Tim Wright seems the most likely.

That's what I was thinking. LOL

He's 34.

(10-26-2018, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He has been out of the league for a couple of years hasn't he?

He was with the Jags last year, but went on IR on September 1st with a hand injury. 

They cut him on February 20th and he's been a FA since.

(10-26-2018, 02:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why are Thomas and Fleener unemployed?  Were they injured, or just wanted too much money?

I have (had) no idea.

(10-26-2018, 02:52 PM)Mer Wrote: Wonder if they're thinking that about us with Glenn and Brown?

Those guys were good players with the Bills. Tbh, I don't think Glenn is quite as bad as everyone is saying. Just a little disappointing.

(10-26-2018, 02:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Don't know about Thomas, but Fleener is STILL having issues from a concussion from week 12 of last season.  Saints released him on May7.

Ah. That's a shame, he's a solid player.

(10-26-2018, 03:25 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Did they? I'm looking at his Wikipedia page and it says he has been out of the league since 2011. He played for the Broncos and Giants after us.

You're right. I was thinking of the other 2009 TE, JP Foschi. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why are Thomas and Fleener unemployed?  Were they injured, or just wanted too much money?

Thomas hasn't been very consistant since that one year with peyton
Reply/Quote
Fleener and Thomas are retired. Both have been approached by other teams and rebuked.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 05:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Thomas hasn't been very consistant since that one year with peyton

He made 2 Pro Bowls with Peyton. Even after being a FA disappointment, it's still surprising to see him on the street. It's not like he was so bad he got benched. He started lots of games for Jax and Miami.

Edit: Nevermind, I see he's retired according to yojimbo. NFL trade rumors had him and Fleener on their best FA list, which was updated a week ago.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 03:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Meanwhile everyone else says Cook can be had. 

Then get him. Dude would instantly replace Eifert with more availability.

Great hands, runs clean routes, is big and an athlete. Instant playmaking TE.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 03:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's what I was thinking. LOL

He's 34.

Still a couple years younger than me but i remember Fasano playing with Brady Quinn like more than ten years ago.

Wanted us to draft him then, and wanted us to sign him as a FA from the Phins, but that is old for most TE's in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Two words.... and yes, I'm about to get yelled at by a certain poster...….lol.... but he's available (Vikings PS), has golden hands, and can get open. His knock is his blocking, but we need receivers.

Jesus Christ...

Give it up.

(10-26-2018, 02:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How about these experienced options?

Julius Thomas - 71 games - 55 starts - 226 catches - 2406 yards - 36 TDs
Coby Fleener - 87 games - 53 starts - 255 catches - 3080 yards - 22 TDs
Tim Wright - 41 games - 11 starts - 89 catches - 907 yards - 13 TDs
Mychal Rivera - 61 games - 15 starts - 146 catches - 1413 yards - 10 TDs
Anthony Fasano - 180 games - 135 starts - 299 catches - 3278 yards - 36 TDs

Both Thomas and Fleener are relatively young (30) and have had plenty of success in the league. Thomas has a nose for the end zone, much like Eifert, and Fleener has 3 seasons with over 600 yards.

AFAIR, all are retired, save for Wright.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I think CJ is a very serviceable TE. We just really have no depth after him. Eifert produced when he was healthy. But we should have seen that coming. I mean really, Merv didn't need a crystal ball to know what was coming. It was bad luck for him, but it's been his M.O.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How about these experienced options?

Julius Thomas - 71 games - 55 starts - 226 catches - 2406 yards - 36 TDs
Coby Fleener - 87 games - 53 starts - 255 catches - 3080 yards - 22 TDs
Tim Wright - 41 games - 11 starts - 89 catches - 907 yards - 13 TDs
Mychal Rivera - 61 games - 15 starts - 146 catches - 1413 yards - 10 TDs
Anthony Fasano - 180 games - 135 starts - 299 catches - 3278 yards - 36 TDs

Both Thomas and Fleener are relatively young (30) and have had plenty of success in the league. Thomas has a nose for the end zone, much like Eifert, and Fleener has 3 seasons with over 600 yards.
Didn't know wright was aroundt'? It would between Rivera and Fasano.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The problem right now is Uzomah is not the type of TE that forces defenses to change their coverage. Nor is any TE on the roster right now, which seriously hurts the offense. And in Ross getting hurt as usual and that the others outside of AJ and Boyd have skillet hands and the passing game has quickly gotten restricted.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 10:49 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: AFAIR, all are retired, save for Wright.

(10-27-2018, 03:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Didn't know wright was aroundt'? It would between Rivera and Fasano.

All I know is that NFLtraderumors is usually a pretty legit site, and that list was supposedly up to date as of a week ago. That said, it appears their list isn't truly up to date, as a quick google search shows Julius Thomas is indeed retired.

Coby Fleener says he wants to keep playing, but is still experiencing concussion issues. It looks like Mychal Rivera stilll wants to play and he'd be a decent signing, IMO. Same with Tim Wright.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: With all the injuries at TE I wonder why we aren't seeing more of Jake Fisher.  He averages 21.5 yards per reception.

Before you laugh he is listed as an H-back on the Bengals injury list on ProFootballReference.com.

Didn't see this until just now but YES I think this is great idea. Like you said, injuries have made the position thin and he has had success doing it for us before. And we know he can block. 

Reply/Quote
Jordan Franks ran a GREAT route and showed good hands+hustle on that play.

EDIT: lol on the Cardinals game just now:

"You can't miss an easy assignment on the sideline like that, if you're Jermaine Gresham; You've been in the league now for many years and you can't have mental errors like that."

Once a meathead, always a meathead.

2nd EDIT: He caused a delay of game on a FG.
Reply/Quote
And no he just had a HORRID fumble, a typical Gresh play (when he makes them lol)
Reply/Quote