Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling
(05-01-2019, 11:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was just going to say this. He was literally in s hoodie and shorts during the draft lol

https://youtu.be/FaHzUOq3dR8

Did he go speak to the press afterwards in shorts and a hoodie?
Reply/Quote
Is it also possible that Zach was right out of a war room in the middle of a 3 day ordeal known as the NFL draft and was trying to be comfortable and focus on building a team not making a fashion statement? Seriously, who cares what he was wearing, this is the NFL not the red carpet at the Oscars.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's a sport coach, he's not a model.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 04:04 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: He's a sport coach, he's not a model.

Coaches should get their own jerseys to wear just like managers do in baseball. Then there won't be anyone complaining about attire because they'll always be "in uniform."  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
That’s a work shirt. Love it.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 11:11 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Does Bill Belichick ever wear a suit? How have his decisions been since being named the head coach of the New England Patriots?

Belechick is an obvious thug since he likes those hoodies so much. More evidence is team owner Kraft attending what amounts to a brothel and since they've never won a game the case is clear. The Bengals stand no chances of success.  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Lmao this world man
Reply/Quote
I don't care if he shows up in a Borat-style swimsuit if they win games.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What do you guys think?

That person's in for a rude awakening if they ever see a Belichick presser. And the Pats seem to be doing OK.

Other thoughts: 
Who cares what the coach wears at a weekend press event? Or any press event for that matter. What matters is if he can coach, not his fashion choices.

Of course the draft picks come dressed up, it's their first introduction to a new city and their new employers. 

People really are desperate for things to gripe about if that letter ended up actually getting published.

If anyone needs to grow up, it's the letter's author. Complaining about someone's attire to a newspaper? Seriously? Now...if Taylor came out in flip-flops, torn cargo shorts, sunglasses meant to mask an obvious hangover and bloodshot eyes, a floppy safari hat, and a stained shirt that had some obscene pun on it...then MAYBE...just maybe, they'd have a point. But just...WOW. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 01:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Andy's face looks like he just ripped a good one...and he's proud of it! LOL

That's Andy Reid??  Heck, I thought that was Wilford Brimley, here to talk about diabeetus..  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I complain about the team when I feel it’s warranted but I don’t see a problem with this. I actually like the coach being relaxed vs all uptight.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 04:02 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Did he go speak to the press afterwards in shorts and a hoodie?

Idk but I doubt he was in a suit.

Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor wore a suit for Round One of the draft.
Reply/Quote
Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

[Image: yiLijsTULmWl.jpg]
Reply/Quote
ML looked like a football coach, coached like a building contractor.
ZT (hopefully) looks like a contractor, coaches like a football coach.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor could have dressed like an Assassin Creed cosplayer...

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQIFwGbJm6Y6yR_GWtJ1...H6uycRoeyT]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I hope that he grows his beard out, lets animals defecate in it, sleeps under a bridge, wears trash bags, cracks open a can of busch ice, and belches into the microphone for his next press conference. 
Reply/Quote
Whomever wrote the article is jealous of Taylor's position at such a young age. They are in the draft room working hard. I would not be surprised if many of them never made it home during the entire three day draft. I could careless how they are dressed during the draft process rather I am concerned with the outcome of the draft process.

So to whomever wrote the article....shut the hell up!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This was a letter to the editor from the Enquirer:

The pictures of Bengal's new coach Zac Taylor sitting at the press table with the team's first pick, offensive tackle Jonah Williams, were telling – and not in a good way.

Young Williams was dressed professionally with a suit coat and tie, and Taylor chose an un-ironed, untucked plaid shirt for the occasion.

Williams looked every bit the coach and Taylor looked like a not-very-promising rookie.

The NFL Draft is a big deal, the players come with their entire families, dressed in their very best. What was Taylor thinking when he came out on that national stage? Couldn't he have grabbed a sports jacket and given a nod to the "I am a professional NFL coach" look?

I'm sorry, but if this sartorial gaffe is any indication of decisions to come, we may be in line for ever more disappointing Bengals news.

Grow up, Zac.

[PHOTO deleted for space saving purposes]

What do you guys think?

Zac should have showed up in shorts, a muscle shirt and sandals. A baseball cap with Mike B's face to make it a bit elegant.   We are a nation of casualness now.    Sad

[Image: sbe-1873-gentlemen-01.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 11:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was just going to say this. He was literally in s hoodie and shorts during the draft lol

https://youtu.be/FaHzUOq3dR8

We ARE NOT IN CLEVELAND (or NE) for that matter.   Smack circa 1980s & (present)
Reply/Quote