Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Letter: Bengals coach Zac Taylor's Draft Day apparel appalling
I'm way more concerned with ZT's W/L than I am his attire for a PBS photo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's just sad that some people feel the need to complain about little stuff like this. My message to the writer is to grow up, move on, and try to enjoy life. Who-Dey
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 09:45 PM)mon4078 Wrote: It's just sad that some people feel the need to complain about little stuff like this. My message to the writer is to grow up, move on, and try to enjoy life. Who-Dey

Yep. Honestly, because of his age and his lack of experience in high level positions...some in the media will be looking for little things like this to nail him and the Bengals on.

IF we have a bad year, I'm sure the media will second guess the hire.

And lets face it, people act like he's Shawn McVey and was responsible for the Rams offense. He was the assistant WR coach 2 years ago and the QB coach last year. We have a fairly inexperienced staff too. This is a risky hire. It also has the potential to be high reward.

Keeping Marvin offered stability, but also mediocrity. So a change needed made.
Reply/Quote
At least he kept his shirt on unlike Pete Carroll.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/0ap3000001028545/Metcalf-Carroll-both-go-shirtless-in-Hawks-meeting
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This was a letter to the editor from the Enquirer:

The pictures of Bengal's new coach Zac Taylor sitting at the press table with the team's first pick, offensive tackle Jonah Williams, were telling – and not in a good way.

Young Williams was dressed professionally with a suit coat and tie, and Taylor chose an un-ironed, untucked plaid shirt for the occasion.

Williams looked every bit the coach and Taylor looked like a not-very-promising rookie.

The NFL Draft is a big deal, the players come with their entire families, dressed in their very best. What was Taylor thinking when he came out on that national stage? Couldn't he have grabbed a sports jacket and given a nod to the "I am a professional NFL coach" look?

I'm sorry, but if this sartorial gaffe is any indication of decisions to come, we may be in line for ever more disappointing Bengals news.

Grow up, Zac.

[Image: 27713754-4c6a-4448-88c4-c7c7f30fcf2a-042...&auto=webp]

What do you guys think?

After having a not so good day this letter made me laugh my ass off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Has anyone addressed Jonah Williams's haircut?

Geeesh...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:31 AM)jason Wrote: Has anyone addressed Jonah Williams's haircut?

Geeesh...

At least his hairstyle fits the North Korean government approved haircuts. Clapping

[Image: 3F50BEB200000578-0-image-a-42_1492436248462.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm ashamed of all of us that posted in this thread. Having said that.... Any of y'all wanna go shoe shopping?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If people think that the clothes he has on will effect how the team plays, then they really need to visit the doctor for some medication
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This was a letter to the editor from the Enquirer:

The pictures of Bengal's new coach Zac Taylor sitting at the press table with the team's first pick, offensive tackle Jonah Williams, were telling – and not in a good way.

Young Williams was dressed professionally with a suit coat and tie, and Taylor chose an un-ironed, untucked plaid shirt for the occasion.

Williams looked every bit the coach and Taylor looked like a not-very-promising rookie.

The NFL Draft is a big deal, the players come with their entire families, dressed in their very best. What was Taylor thinking when he came out on that national stage? Couldn't he have grabbed a sports jacket and given a nod to the "I am a professional NFL coach" look?

I'm sorry, but if this sartorial gaffe is any indication of decisions to come, we may be in line for ever more disappointing Bengals news.

Grow up, Zac.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, Marvin looked really professional in his polo with a third-trimester belly hanging over his belt.

I get what they are saying, but I would be willing to bet Taylor was 100% focused on the draft and not his attire.  
Reply/Quote

Grow up, Zac.

What do you guys think?

Seems like I am the only one who agrees. He is the HC and welcoming new players to the team in front of the media. I'd personally be embarrassed if a 21 y/o came dressed smarter than me. 

He can wear what he wants during the season, but on a formal occasion, at least wear a blazer/open shirt combo. Not entirely sure why he dressed up for the war-room but not the press conference.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 07:57 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Seems like I am the only one who agrees. He is the HC and welcoming new players to the team in front of the media. I'd personally be embarrassed if a 21 y/o came dressed smarter than me. 

He can wear what he wants during the season, but on a formal occasion, at least wear a blazer/open shirt combo. Not entirely sure why he dressed up for the war-room but not the press conference.

There are many examples of good coaches not "dressing up" for post-draft pressers. Andy Reid, Belichick, Sean Payton and even the guy that influenced Zac Taylor - Sean McVay. These guys are hired for their football minds and blue collar work ethics, not for their fashion sense. Btw, of course the young draft pick almost always dresses better than the people who drafted him. It's tradition for these draft picks to dress up for the biggest days of their lives. Heck, that may be why these coaches and GM's dress down a bit. 

It's not about them, it's about the draftee. It's his day - and a day for the fans. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Grow up, Zac.

What do you guys think?

Reading this reaffirms my thoughts that even with no journalistic experience I could probably land a job writing sports for the Enquirer. Why Paul or Fletcher thought this was a good thing to get published is beyond me. Do you think readers really give a shit what Zac Taylor wore to his draft day presser? Im sure they get all kinds of crazy shit like this sent to them all the time, why even entertain it? Cindy or Shirley or whatever the dumb twats name was has nothing better to do then get bent over a shirt and someone in the sports dept thought this was a good thing to give her a platform. Do better Enquirer Sports.

Zac Taylor could wear sweatpants and flip flops everyday. As long as he coaches us to win, I could care less what the man wears.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:31 AM)jason Wrote: Has anyone addressed Jonah Williams's haircut?

Geeesh...

And his arms are a FULL 3/8th of an inch SHORTER than the prefered arm length for NFL tackles. Folks, in case you've never measured, that's roughly the length of my middle toe nail on my right foot! How could the Bengals be so irresponsible to overlook the length of my middle toenail?  Between Zac's attire and the measurables of MY toenails this team is obviously toast! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 02:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: And his arms are a FULL 3/8th of an inch SHORTER than the prefered arm length for NFL tackles. Folks, in case you've never measured, that's roughly the length of my middle toe nail on my right foot! How could the Bengals be so irresponsible to overlook the length of my middle toenail?  Between Zac's attire and the measurables of MY toenails this team is obviously toast! 

Yep... New Dey my ass.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote