Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter From Mike Brown
(04-20-2017, 07:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well being a nice guy, and having $5 will get you a caramel Frappuccino at Starbucks...

Guess we should be happy we don't always finish last. Mellow
Reply/Quote
"Even though we retained a guy that spits on the fans and tells you that he wishes you would die, we really appreciate u fans". Cool
Reply/Quote
**** you Mike Brown. Since he's taken over zero playoffs wins.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 08:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i feel the same about your posts...  Hilarious

Are you related to Mike or are you a buddy of his or something? If so, would you please tell him I said this:

"You're a disgrace. You're a disgrace not only to the game of football but your family as well. You're father would be disgusted if he were alive to see what misery you've brought to his franchise. You're a greedy, selfish, money-hungry, stubborn fool who completely lacks any sense of self-respect. You will be forever known as the worst owner in sports history. Nobody in he city of Cincinnati will remember you fondly. When you pass away you will leave nothing behind but a legacy of failure. You have nothing to be proud of, yet you will undoubtedly leave this world with a sense of accomplishment because hey, you made money  Whatever In your own world, I'm sure that's fine because you can laugh all the way to the bank. But in reality, you'll forever be a pathetic punchline in the world of sports. I hope you'll be happy, Mike. Because you're the only one who will be."
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Nice and classy post. I know the MB haters won't agree and that is fine.

I bet someone well versed in PR wrote it and Brown looked at it and went "looks ok. Let's get it on the Telex."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 12:41 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Actions speak louder than words. This team's spending this offseason and their stale approach says so much more than a phoney, canned press release like this. Mike can claim to be thankful all he likes, his actions show that he couldn't care less what the majority of this fanbase wants.

Want a new coach after 15 years? Too bad. Want a practice facility?  Nope, not gonna happen. Want a notable free agent here and there? Eat shit.  Have a strong opinion about the character of my employees and their actions? Shove it up your arse.

He's not changing a thing, and your opinion is meaningless. He's thankful enough to take 5 minutes to write fluff like this, but not enough to invest more into rewarding his customers.

To each their own, but his feigned gratitude is as worth as much to me as my opinion is to him. Absolutely nothing. **** this letter and **** him.

It's pandering and if i cared enough, i'd be insulted. Since i don't, i'm not. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Nice fluff piece from the factory of sadness.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 07:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hate Brown all you like, but if it weren't for Mikey there would be no Cincinnati Bengals,  period.  You would all likely still be Browns fans . 
Tough mindedness ? Christ! The guy is older than dirt and still running the team. That alone is pretty damn tough minded. Most guys his age are either dead or wasting away in nursing homes. My own dad, 88 going on 108 still does laundry, still does a lot of stuff and does it blind.. 
I'm not saying that I agree with everything he does or has done, but you really can't say he's not tough minded with any bit of credibility.  

You mean Paul Brown.....right?  **** Mike Clown.....and **** his piss poor excuse of a letter of appreciation.  Win at least a goddamn playoff game ffs.  ***** greedy....egotistical....2 bit piece of shit failure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 07:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Almost accurate, but you missed with the rib eye remark.  Mike would only spring for the hamburger/cottage cheese diet platter and take half of it home in a doggy bag.

He's going to die without ever winning a championship under his leadership.  Hell, a playoff game.  But, at least he built a nice fortune he can leave to his inbred front office.  He could have made money doing anything else, like any talented, grifting attorney, so what the **** was the point of owning a football team?

Precisely.

Reply/Quote
I got $10 saying they make the living members of the 50 picked by fans pay their own way for whatever half assed ceremony dicknaughts throws together last minute.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 04:09 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: 1. You two are hilarious. Opinions are great and all, but I find it mighty funny that you think he should give a damn about what anyone in the fanbase thinks. To be a "fan" of something is short for "fanatical". The definition for fanatical is "to be filled with excessive and single-minded zeal". When it comes to major decisions on HIS organization, does that sound like a group of people that he or anyone in that front office should be concerned with? Should they alter their view and the way they do things because of you two nobodies?  The direct and CORRECT answer is NO.

The bottom line here, aand maybe this is a tough pill to swallow for many, is: he doesn't and SHOULDN'T give a single **** about what you , I or anyone else in the fan base thinks. Would I love for things here and there to be different? Sure. But am I so naive as to think he SHOULD do anything different on my or anyone else's behalf outside of the organization?  Nope.

2. This is entertainment. You are welcome to move on if you are unhappy. Feel free to move on to greener pastures and suggest other front offices to change things and think  they will happen simply because you think it's best. Good luck with that.

1. Fans = customers, so he should care what we think. Not for personnel decisions and day to day details, but he should be willing to do whatever it takes to WIN in order to please his customers. No offense, but this attitude that Mike owes nothing to his fans/customers is beyond ridiculous to me. No other owner of a sports franchise acts apathetic towards their fan base. In fact, they go out of their ways to show respect and appreciation for their fans and at least appear they're doing all they can to produce winners.

They realize that fans are the ones paying for their stadiums, watching their commercials, buying tickets and merch, etc. We deserve to have owners that not only respect us in return, but want to do everything in their power to reciprocate that loyalty. Unfortunately for us, we follow one of the only sports franchises where this can even be a discussion.

I think most will readily admit that Mike hasn't done everything in his power to field a real championship contender, and that's sad. We should expect more.

2. Oh geez, not that tired argument again. Not everyone abandons their home town team when the chips are down. I hate bandwagon riders and I've never been able to pick and choose teams based on which one is more successful. I'm just not wired that way. Unfortunately, being a fan of almost any team will have down years and the opinions of fans in general will reflect reality. Right now there is plenty wrong with the team. I'm sorry some can't handle hearing about it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Much of the angst you are seeing is fatalistic. I'm only 36,and have thought what if we never won the Super Bowl in my lifetime? Thank goodness for the.buckeyes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 10:34 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Nice fluff piece from the factory of sadness.

That would be cleveland sir. Sick
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 01:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I appreciate the letter and all, but I have to agree with Wes. Actions speak louder than words.

Btw..."We have a good team, yet the NFL is a tough league. Will this be our season? I hope so." This is a weak mindset where he's already making excuses for a failure that hasn't even happened yet. Yeah, it is a tough league, Mike...but I somehow doubt that Kraft or the Rooney's try to lower their fan's expectations by telling them it's a tough league.

I want to like Mike Brown. I say that with complete sincerity...but until he backs up words with actions (not being overly passive in FA, overly loyal to coaches/players, building a practice bubble, etc) then it's hard to take the talk seriously.

Totally agree.  He doesn't care about winning  He just cares about how not winning year after year might affect his bottom line.  There are things I like about him as a human being.  His support of Devon and Leah Still, for example.  But he shouldn't be an NFL owner.  He really shouldn't.
Reply/Quote
Because of this douchebag I cancelled my season tickets so I would not be funneling cash towards his failures. Then, after the loss to Pitt in the playoff game, I cancelled cable so I wouldn't be adding money to the television revenue they funnel into his pockets and went to tv antenna. Because of this right here, I'm canceling my tv antenna. WAIT... that's free. DAMNIT!

He's a Dick!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 07:54 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Because of this douchebag I cancelled my season tickets so I would not be funneling cash towards his failures. Then, after the loss to Pitt in the playoff game, I cancelled cable so I wouldn't be adding money to the television revenue they funnel into his pockets and went to tv antenna. Because of this right here, I'm canceling my tv antenna. WAIT... that's free. DAMNIT!

He's a Dick!

I cancelled cable because Xfinity added $50 to my bill in ONE MONTH due to special charges and fees that I never had before.  Then they raised it another $30 the next month! Now I might get Sling TV so I can watch all three days of the draft.
Reply/Quote
If any of you think about or talk about Mike Brown more than say 10 times per calendar year, it's a you problem. Evict that old man from your brains. He's lived there rent free for too long.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 01:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Fans = customers, so he should care what we think. Not for personnel decisions and day to day details, but he should be willing to do whatever it takes to WIN in order to please his customers. No offense, but this attitude that Mike owes nothing to his fans/customers is beyond ridiculous to me. No other owner of a sports franchise acts apathetic towards their fan base. In fact, they go out of their ways to show respect and appreciation for their fans and at least appear they're doing all they can to produce winners.

They realize that fans are the ones paying for their stadiums, watching their commercials, buying tickets and merch, etc. We deserve to have owners that not only respect us in return, but want to do everything in their power to reciprocate that loyalty. Unfortunately for us, we follow one of the only sports franchises where this can even be a discussion.

I think most will readily admit that Mike hasn't done everything in his power to field a real championship contender, and that's sad. We should expect more.

2. Oh geez, not that tired argument again. Not everyone abandons their home town team when the chips are down. I hate bandwagon riders and I've never been able to pick and choose teams based on which one is more successful. I'm just not wired that way. Unfortunately, being a fan of almost any team will have down years and the opinions of fans in general will reflect reality. Right now there is plenty wrong with the team. I'm sorry some can't handle hearing about it.

It makes me wonder if some of these folks on here just tolerate bad service and tip 30% for it, buy a shitty product at a high price...and instead of finding a better one...they just keep buying the shitty one because.  I think we know the answer to that.  What you say is right, we are customers, and Son of Paul's customer service is severely lacking, to put it mildly.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 01:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Fans = customers, so he should care what we think. Not for personnel decisions and day to day details, but he should be willing to do whatever it takes to WIN in order to please his customers. No offense, but this attitude that Mike owes nothing to his fans/customers is beyond ridiculous to me. No other owner of a sports franchise acts apathetic towards their fan base. In fact, they go out of their ways to show respect and appreciation for their fans and at least appear they're doing all they can to produce winners.

I just personally feel like this "I'm entitled because I bought a bengals T-shirt and a who dey foam finger last year" logic is flawed. You bought that T-shirt and foam finger on your own volition. You tuned in or attended the game on Sunday because of nobody but yourself.

I also think that saying he doesn't care about the fans at all is flawed. Call it a canned letter, fluff, poop on a stick, Call it what you want. But The letter at the top of this thread is proof that he cares. Who am I (or you) to decide his intentions behind the letter? He didn't have to release anything at all. In fact, he may have been better off if he hadn't, which is sad.

This fanbase is jaded and maybe for good reason. We have endured a lot of agony (33 years for me), so I get it. But what I can't wrap my head around is asking for him to show he cares but rejecting his efforts to show said care. No matter what he does unless it is EXACTLY what we want, he can't win. And maybe he has earned that. But For the most part, this team has been competitive for a decade. We have watched some talented teams (that he has had a hand in putting together) pee the bed in the playoffs. the talent has been there though and he has funded it the entire time if I'm not mistaken.

Also, I'm not sure and I'm not willing to do the leg work on the research, but I'm guessing that the cap space numbers are not nearly as eye popping when it comes to cheapness as many want to believe. People really need to leave the 90's in the 90's. The narrative that there hasn't been change when it comes to the front office is simply not true. It is run much differently than it was then. Could it be better? Yep. But I Would wager that most fan bases think this way. Nothing is perfect.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 11:24 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I just personally feel like this "I'm entitled because I bought a bengals T-shirt and a who dey foam finger last year" logic is flawed. You bought that T-shirt and foam finger on your own volition. You tuned in or attended the game on Sunday because of nobody but yourself.

I also think that saying he doesn't care about the fans at all is flawed. Call it a canned letter, fluff, poop on a stick, Call it what you want. But The letter at the top of this thread is proof that he cares. Who am I (or you) to decide his intentions behind the letter? He didn't have to release anything at all. In fact, he may have been better off if he hadn't, which is sad.

This fanbase is jaded and maybe for good reason. We have endured a lot of agony (33 years for me), so I get it. But what I can't wrap my head around is asking for him to show he cares but rejecting his efforts to show said care. No matter what he does unless it is EXACTLY what we want, he can't win. And maybe he has earned that. But For the most part, this team has been competitive for a decade. We have watched some talented teams (that he has had a hand in putting together) pee the bed in the playoffs. the talent has been there though and he has funded it the entire time if I'm not mistaken.

Also, I'm not sure and I'm not willing to do the leg work on the research, but I'm guessing that the cap space numbers are not nearly as eye popping when it comes to cheapness as many want to believe. People really need to leave the 90's in the 90's. The narrative that there hasn't been change when it comes to the front office is simply not true. It is run much differently than it was then. Could it be better? Yep. But I Would wager that most fan bases think this way. Nothing is perfect.
I hope other fans don't start attacking you as this board at times hates free speech when they disagree with you. I applaud your post and agree all one can do is offer up sincerity as MB did with this letter. For those who cancel your cable or do anything to stop supporting MB financially, that ship has sailed. He does not need your financial support.

I have stated this before and will state it again, MB wants to win, the Bengals coaches and players want to win and to suggest they don't is delusional. Hate MB for not getting it done, but I do believe his FO, his daughter, and others work every day to win.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote