Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inaugural Address
(01-24-2017, 11:41 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I got one that is even funnier. I had a Coast Guard instructor who hadnt practiced medicine for awhile. Shortly after resuming patient care, he had the Post Commander's (or whatever the Coast Guard calls them) wife as a patient who needed a pelvic exam. He said when he inserted the speculum there was a film over the opening. Like a bubble wand. He said couldn't tell us why he did it, maybe he just panicked; but to get rid of the secretions on the speculum he blew on it. The Commander's wife reacted how you would expect someone to react if you blew into the speculum inserted into their vagina.  Then later that day he was standing on the carpet explaining to the Commander why he blew into the speculum while performing a pelvic exam on the Commander's wife. 

Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-24-2017, 11:41 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I got one that is even funnier. I had a Coast Guard instructor who hadnt practiced medicine for awhile. Shortly after resuming patient care, he had the Post Commander's (or whatever the Coast Guard calls them) wife as a patient who needed a pelvic exam. He said when he inserted the speculum there was a film over the opening. Like a bubble wand. He said couldn't tell us why he did it, maybe he just panicked; but to get rid of the secretions on the speculum he blew on it. The Commander's wife reacted how you would expect someone to react if you blew into the speculum inserted into their vagina.  Then later that day he was standing on the carpet explaining to the Commander why he blew into the speculum while performing a pelvic exam on the Commander's wife. 
I'll bet the commander left that little present in there for him.
(01-24-2017, 11:56 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'll bet the commander left  that little present in there for him.

Yeah, there's nothing quite like removing a lost foreign object on a Monday morning after it's been lost for about 3 days. 

"Dammit, it's too early for this shit. I haven't even finished my fourth cup of coffee, yet"
(01-23-2017, 08:22 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If your furnace breaks, do you call a gynocologist to fix it because they are an outsider?

I knew a guy who inherited a dental supply company from his dad. He told me my dentist was corrupt and taking too much from medicare/medicaid. I figured he could probably do a better job than all those career dentists. He would have a dental license if the licensing boards weren't dishonest and unfair, completely in the pocket of the dentists.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-23-2017, 02:34 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: My suspicion is the GOP core will use the distraction that Trump is for their benefit in ticking off as many items of their agenda as they can. Once that has been accomplished, then they will pounce on the next faux pas Trump is surely to commit, and impeach him. Pence will be their boy from that point forward..

I think this is likely. Trump cannot govern. His budget and social policy will be Ryan's and the establishment Republicans'. There is a rush now to get as much unpopular legislation done before enough of the Trump supporting public catches on.

At a point--after months of ongoing chaos in the executive, foreign policy failures, alienation of Republicans in Congress--enough Republicans will join with Democrats to impeach or force a resignation. Pence could coast out the term, but 2020 will return the presidency to the party of the people.

It will take a generation to repair the damage. The foreign policy damage may be irreparable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-25-2017, 02:43 AM)Dill Wrote: I think this is likely. Trump cannot govern. His budget and social policy will be Ryan's and the establishment Republicans'. There is a rush now to get as much unpopular legislation done before enough of the Trump supporting public catches on.

At a point--after months of ongoing chaos in the executive, foreign policy failures, alienation of Republicans in Congress--enough Republicans will join with Democrats to impeach or force a resignation. Pence could coast out the term, but 2020 will return the presidency to the party of the people.

It will take a generation to repair the damage. The foreign policy damage may be irreparable.

This is a totally plausible scenario, but it may have some wrinkles. Trump may be able to disguise his incompetency with some of his picks: Ben Carson, Nikki Hailey, Rick Perry - these are morons but he has put them in places where they will likely do nothing but embarrass themselves at photo ops. And, as many people on the Republican side of the aisle in the beltway seem to hate him as on the people's side. So, he may not be the fascist that guys like Ryan dream about. Fingers crossed...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(01-25-2017, 02:43 AM)Dill Wrote: I think this is likely. Trump cannot govern. His budget and social policy will be Ryan's and the establishment Republicans'. There is a rush now to get as much unpopular legislation done before enough of the Trump supporting public catches on.

It's time (actually beyond) the party of the people move the old guard out of the way, and embrace the younger talent on the rise. And they have to improve their salesmanship. One thing likely to help will be the necessary damage control, core issues that most will likely support. A few more tainted municipal water systems might do the trick. Another failed Middle East military 'exercise' won't go unnoticed. As we age, healthcare and social security issues better improve or that voter base will become more invigorated. The list goes on and on. 

A lot rides on how well Democrats regroup to get their 'party of the people' face back on straight. I don't know who leads that yet, but he/she needs to be a good one. A very good one that delivers while helping all to deal with issues, not agendas. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(01-25-2017, 11:54 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: It's time (actually beyond) the party of the people move the old guard out of the way, and embrace the younger talent on the rise. And they have to improve their salesmanship. One thing likely to help will be the necessary damage control, core issues that most will likely support. A few more tainted municipal water systems might do the trick. Another failed Middle East military 'exercise' won't go unnoticed. As we age, healthcare and social security issues better improve or that voter base will become more invigorated. The list goes on and on. 

A lot rides on how well Democrats regroup to get their 'party of the people' face back on straight. I don't know who leads that yet, but he/she needs to be a good one. A very good one that delivers while helping all to deal with issues, not agendas. 

[Image: giphy.gif]