Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter to Katie Blackburn
(12-20-2016, 01:34 AM)Derrick Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. Much of it was helpful and funny too.

I'm not trying to be funny

This was a letter to K.BB right? Hehe

Were you trying to to be funny?

We want Zimmer back lol
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 08:30 PM)Derrick Wrote: Below is a draft of the letter I promised. Please use it as a guideline if you want to send your own letter to the front office. It probably won't help, but I feel better.

December 19, 2016

Ms. Katie Blackburn, Executive Vice President
Cincinnati Bengals
1 Paul Brown Stadium
Cincinnati, OH 45202

Dear Ms. Blackburn,

I am writing you out of sheer frustration. I have been a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals since day one 1968. Twenty-six years and counting since the Bengals last playoff victory – albeit a short lived one. This drought is unacceptable to us fans. Ms. Blackburn, we are talking generations here.

I would have addressed this to your father, but am absolutely convinced he would not pay any attention to it. His focus seems to be on maximizing profit and maintaining mediocrity -- not on winning. My hope is that you, as the future decision-maker for this franchise, WILL step up and make winning a priority for us all to enjoy. As a lawyer, you’re smart enough to know that happy fans spend more money. And more money means more profit for the family.

Being a man your father’s age, I have lost the battle trying to keep my children rooting for the Bengals. I am still working on grandchildren, but I see them giving up too.  They have no historical foundation. All they see is a franchise that can’t win important games.

The TV commentators and the NFL apparently have no respect for the Bengals either. As proof, listen to their on-air comments and watch what looks to be biased officiating.

For a while Marvin Lewis, gave us fans hope, but since 2010, has been consistently out coached; can’t/won’t make half-time adjustments; favors underperforming players  too long (Nugent); holds no one accountable; and “plays not to lose”…but does! Therefore, I can only hope Marvin Lewis has seen his last one-year contract extension and will be replaced this off season.

Sincerely,

X. XXXX XXXXXXXX

Nice letter, but you can't really call it mediocrity.  Making the playoffs the last 5 years isn't mediocre.  Far from it.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 10:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: Dear Derrick,
 Thank you for taking the time and writing to me with your concerns and loyalty to the Bengals organization. After careful consideration I must respectfully decline your request for one simple reason.... your not going anywhere Derrick! You've been a fan since 1968 and you will continue to pour money into the Bengals organization in one fashion or another. Your frustrated I get it, but guess what? Theres nothing an offseason can't cure. You'll be salty for the next few months and then your hope will slowly creep back and something we do will spark your excitement (a.k.a wallet) and you will be on board fully one more time. Its called being a Bengals fan bust a rhymes, and while your calculating thinking of ways for us to win a Super Bowl, I will be sipping Pina Colada's on a resort on your dime and the many other countless Bengal faithful's! 

Katie Blackburn

Lmao damn thats evil and funny
Reply/Quote
I agree with the poster who stated that the letter went in the trash the minute you started ripping her father. If you want something, be nice.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 11:31 PM)Utts Wrote: Great strategy. That letter goes in the trash, as soon as you start ripping her father. 

This is a family owned franchise that follows a proven formula. We've been one of the best teams in the league over the last 6-years or so. There are lots of teams, and only 1 can win the Super Bowl each year. Takes a lot of talent, and a crap ton of luck. If Andy doesn't bust his thumb in an idiotic fluke play, we may very well have played the Panthers in the SB last year.

The Brown family has proven to be quite competent, and perhaps loyal to a fault - at least to some extent. It's hard to make a clear cut case against Marvin, given the way he turned this club around.

And for what it's worth, winning is not always the most profitable option, especially when NFL still won't put their butts in your seats. 

Utts?  Who is this, and what have you done with Utts?  fred?  fred, have you hijacked Utts' account? Shocked

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't know why anyone thinks Katie is going to follow a drastically different approach than her father has. She has chosen to spend much of her adult life by his side, her husband and children work by his side. They are all literally "learning from the master" so to speak. I get the need for hope of change, for hope that things improve, I just don't agree with the thought process.

As to the letter, you start by insulting her father, the man she has chosen to learn from. Good luck with that.
Reply/Quote
I think this image sums up everything.

[Image: espnw_a_dawna_cr_600x400.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 12:16 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I think this image sums up everything.  

[Image: espnw_a_dawna_cr_600x400.jpg]

They even dress alike...
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 12:24 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: They even dress alike...

I have a feeling it will be a lot of the same Indeed....  
Reply/Quote
I guarantee that not only will she ignore you, she won't even read the letter. The Brown family must have seen thousands of these over the years (at least I hope they have). I'm sure they have a designated section for these letters to be tossed.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 12:08 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I honestly don't know why anyone thinks Katie is going to follow a drastically different approach than her father has.  She has chosen to spend much of her adult life by his side, her husband and children work by his side.  They are all literally "learning from the master" so to speak.  I get the need for hope of change, for hope that things improve, I just don't agree with the thought process.

As to the letter, you start by insulting her father, the man she has chosen to learn from.  Good luck with that.

Mike learned everything from Paul though. So you just never know how someone will do until they're in the big seat. 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 01:05 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I guarantee that not only will she ignore you, she won't even read the letter. The Brown family must have seen thousands of these over the years (at least I hope they have). I'm sure they have a designated section for these letters to be tossed.

Shit man......they had billboards up for years, and that didn't persuade them....lol.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 02:36 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Nice letter, but you can't really call it mediocrity.  Making the playoffs the last 5 years isn't mediocre.  Far from it.

Sadly, this year we can't even fluff ourselves for being a veritable first round bye.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 03:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Shit man......they had billboards up for years, and that didn't persuade them....lol.

You are all right. I did it because it made me feel less frustrated even though I know as well as all of you it never makes any difference to the Brown family. BTW I removed the paragraph about Mike Brown AND MAILED IT. LMAO
I look forward to reading someone else's solution to make everything okay. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 10:08 PM)Derrick Wrote: You are all right. I did it because it made me feel less frustrated even though I know as well as all of you it never makes any difference to the Brown family. BTW I removed the paragraph about Mike Brown AND MAILED IT. LMAO
I look forward to reading someone else's solution to make everything okay. ThumbsUp

Hope you mailed it to the North Pole addressed to Santa. The post office might actually deliver it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 03:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Shit man......they had billboards up for years, and that didn't persuade them....lol.

Ah, good ol' WhoDeyRevolution. That was my site before the mothership. They made billboards, put "hire a GM" urinal cakes in the PBS restrooms and even flew banners over training camp. It was a valiant effort, but Mike Brown is immune to criticism. Plus 2009 killed their momentum.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I believe the only way to get a response from either Mikey Brown or Katie is to write them and humbly offer your coaching services for an annual salary of $1 and a bonus of $1 million per playoff win.

Mikey will, of course, want to talk you down to $250k per playoff win.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 10:08 PM)Derrick Wrote: You are all right. I did it because it made me feel less frustrated even though I know as well as all of you it never makes any difference to the Brown family. BTW I removed the paragraph about Mike Brown AND MAILED IT. LMAO

Hey bro, if it made YOU fell better, that's all that matters.  I say go for it, and you did. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote