Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis coaching tree
Just thought it was interesting that in the last 5 years Marvin Lewis coaching tree has resulted in Mike Zimmer Jay gruden hue Jackson Vance Joseph and probably gunther in another year
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 09:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Just thought it was interesting that in the last 5 years Marvin Lewis coaching tree has resulted in Mike Zimmer Jay gruden hue Jackson Vance Joseph and probably gunther in another year

I wouldn't call all of these guys under the Marvin Lewis Coaching tree. For example, Mike Zimmer was fantastic before ever coming to the Bengals, and I believe he is part of the Parcells coaching tree. Jay Gruden spent what, 2 years under Marvin before becoming a head coach, and was already an OC. Hue developed under Marvin, so I can see him. Also is it not surprising that none of these guys have done anything since leaving here, just like the head of this so called "coaching tree?"
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 10:31 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I wouldn't call all of these guys under the Marvin Lewis Coaching tree. For example, Mike Zimmer was fantastic before ever coming to the Bengals, and I believe he is part of the Parcells coaching tree. Jay Gruden spent what, 2 years under Marvin before becoming a head coach, and was already an OC. Hue developed under Marvin, so I can see him. Also is it not surprising that none of these guys have done anything since leaving here, just like the head of this so called "coaching tree?"

Yeah, Zimmer is from the Parcells tree, and I think Jay Gruden would be considered from the John Gruden tree. Vance Joseph (who looks like he'll be the next Broncos coach) is from the Mike Nolan tree.

Lewis has Hue, and I doubt Guenther ever gets a HC job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 10:31 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I wouldn't call all of these guys under the Marvin Lewis Coaching tree. For example, Mike Zimmer was fantastic before ever coming to the Bengals, and I believe he is part of the Parcells coaching tree. Jay Gruden spent what, 2 years under Marvin before becoming a head coach, and was already an OC. Hue developed under Marvin, so I can see him. Also is it not surprising that none of these guys have done anything since leaving here, just like the head of this so called "coaching tree?"

Very good point. Zimmer will reach greatness because of his experience before Marvin. Hue, well, I am not a fan. Many would disagree and some might. Yet, he was a loser as a HC, but ok as OC (seriously seen flashbacks of Bratkowski in some of his BS plays). However I did like his motivational skills with the players when watching "Hard Knocks." Jay Gruden? I don't think he was that special but with an organization that was needing W's and hope, he was praised more than he should have been. Don't know much about Joseph so I wont comment too much other than he may have ridden the coat tails of Zimmers previous direction. As for Gunther? Thanks for not mentioning him. He deserves no recognition here.

Zimmer is the only one of all of these that made a tremendous impact. He turned our defense from a laughing stock into a respected defense to be reckoned with and even more. Dude will always be a champ in my book. Rest of these guys are chumps and we don't have a SB ring because of it. Man, have we had great talent the last several years or what? All pissed away by all the above but Zimmer. Also pissed away by the 2 kings Marvin and Mike.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 09:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Just thought it was interesting that in the last 5 years Marvin Lewis coaching tree has resulted in Mike Zimmer Jay gruden hue Jackson Vance Joseph and probably gunther in another year

Proves nothing. What did they learn from Lewis?

Did Zimmer learn defense from Lewis? No

Did Gruden learn offense from Lewis? No

Did Jackson learn offense from Lewis? No

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 12:01 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Proves nothing. What did they learn from Lewis?

Did Zimmer learn defense from Lewis? No

Did Gruden learn offense from Lewis? No

Did Jackson learn offense from Lewis? No

[Image: TMFISH1.gif]
Reply/Quote

You are right,  "coaching twig " may be more appropriate Ninja
Reply/Quote
[Image: charlie-brown-christmas1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 11:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, Zimmer is from the Parcells tree, and I think Jay Gruden would be considered from the John Gruden tree. Vance Joseph (who looks like he'll be the next Broncos coach) is from the Mike Nolan tree.

Lewis has Hue, and I doubt Guenther ever gets a HC job.

Guenther is supposedly the heir-apparent here from some articles I've read.
Reply/Quote