Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis gives his opinion on Pacman
(03-29-2017, 12:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pacman is a 34 year old declining player. It would be so easy to so easy to make an example of him without even hurting the team on the field.

Yet they refuse to have any accountability, and even brazenly defend the behavior. This is one of the biggest problems with this team during the Marv era.

Exactly.  "What did he do"?  Umm... resist arrest, head butt a police officer, spit on a corrections officer, so out of control that he had to be restrained in some Hannibal Lector looking chair.  Now would you like to talk about any of the other multitude of Pacman infractions?
Reply/Quote
Talent has gotten Marvin to the playoffs. Zero accountability on and off of the field is one of the reasons that he has zero playoff wins. His players have zero discipline during prime time games and Marvin is still the absolute worst game clock manager I have ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 11:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Why witch hunting on jones look around the nfl

The old "don't worry about the trash in your own yard. Just look at all the trash in the rest of the neighborhood" tactic huh.  Nice.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Jones needs released ASAP. Even if there is drop-off in production with his replacement. He needs to go. Plenty of turnover in other positions there needs to be one here also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin... Just go. And take your buddy Pacman with you.
Reply/Quote
Brown pledges his support for Pacman:

"I see Adam Jones through my own eyes. I see different facets of his personality. I see him as a person who is energetic, lively, positive for the most part, exceptionally so. I know a little bit about his family, that weighs in my mind. I think back to when he had his little daughter and she was a premie. He used to drive up from practices at Georgetown every day after practice to look through the glass and see her where they kept the premie babies in the hospital and the lights went out, one after another in that group of little babies, they disappeared. His little girl managed to survive. Now she has grown into a 5-year-old little girl. Wonderful little girl. Very pretty, very attractive, very energetic. To me, that is a story that registers. I would say this point blank: Am I looking to harm her? I’m not. It’s a bigger picture than one incident. And I get to be the one that sits in the chair to decide that. So I have chosen to decide it the way I am deciding it. I’m going to give him a chance. I hope it comes out right for him, for his family and for us. I know there are critics. I understand. But that is a full answer. And that’s what I have to say about it."

"It’s playing out. The prosecutor is dropping the felony charge. In effect, he said there is not enough there to proceed on that charge. You are down now to a few misdemeanor charges. The country prosecutor Joe Deters commented on how he would handle those if he were the one handling them. In effect, he said they didn’t amount to enough to pursue. You are dealing with people’s lives here. It’s easy to sit on high and say, oh, terrible, terrible. Let’s bring down the sword. I think that’s an overreaction. I’m not condoning his actions. They were in all honestly embarrassing. He was out of control. He misbehaved. He made a fool of himself. No one knows that more than he does. I don’t know that I have been perfect in my lifetime, either. I probably did some things I wish I hadn’t. Most people would probably have to admit to that. He didn’t hurt anybody physically. He just hurt himself by how he comported himself. In some ways, that’s punishment enough right there. You have to live with that. What the municipal prosecutor does, that hasn’t been determined. What the league does, that hasn’t been determined. So when I say ‘play out’ there are more shoes to drop. We’ll see what comes of it. But I hope it ends up that he gets his life back and he has openly apologized. He knows full well what he has done to himself. He regrets it. But it’s been made into a public issue and maybe I am overly tolerant. If so, so be it."

It seems to me that Pacman has had plenty of 'chances' already.
Reply/Quote
If you or I did the same alleged crime with existing video evidence would they drop charge? This makes me sick and I am beginning to get pissed.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 03:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Brown pledges his support for Pacman:

"I see Adam Jones through my own eyes. I see different facets of his personality. I see him as a person who is energetic, lively, positive for the most part, exceptionally so. I know a little bit about his family, that weighs in my mind. I think back to when he had his little daughter and she was a premie. He used to drive up from practices at Georgetown every day after practice to look through the glass and see her where they kept the premie babies in the hospital and the lights went out, one after another in that group of little babies, they disappeared. His little girl managed to survive. Now she has grown into a 5-year-old little girl. Wonderful little girl. Very pretty, very attractive, very energetic. To me, that is a story that registers. I would say this point blank: Am I looking to harm her? I’m not. It’s a bigger picture than one incident. And I get to be the one that sits in the chair to decide that. So I have chosen to decide it the way I am deciding it. I’m going to give him a chance. I hope it comes out right for him, for his family and for us. I know there are critics. I understand. But that is a full answer. And that’s what I have to say about it."

"It’s playing out. The prosecutor is dropping the felony charge. In effect, he said there is not enough there to proceed on that charge. You are down now to a few misdemeanor charges. The country prosecutor Joe Deters commented on how he would handle those if he were the one handling them. In effect, he said they didn’t amount to enough to pursue. You are dealing with people’s lives here. It’s easy to sit on high and say, oh, terrible, terrible. Let’s bring down the sword. I think that’s an overreaction. I’m not condoning his actions. They were in all honestly embarrassing. He was out of control. He misbehaved. He made a fool of himself. No one knows that more than he does. I don’t know that I have been perfect in my lifetime, either. I probably did some things I wish I hadn’t. Most people would probably have to admit to that. He didn’t hurt anybody physically. He just hurt himself by how he comported himself. In some ways, that’s punishment enough right there. You have to live with that. What the municipal prosecutor does, that hasn’t been determined. What the league does, that hasn’t been determined. So when I say ‘play out’ there are more shoes to drop. We’ll see what comes of it. But I hope it ends up that he gets his life back and he has openly apologized. He knows full well what he has done to himself. He regrets it. But it’s been made into a public issue and maybe I am overly tolerant. If so, so be it."

I'm not surprised. Mike Brown has always been more loyal than most (if not all) owners toward his players. He tries to see the good with the bad, sometimes even if the bad seems too much.

What this also means, too, is that with Jones, DK, Dennard, WJ3, Shaw, Russell, and Benwikere in the fold, the Bengals likely will wait another year before drafting a CB in the first round Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
They better take Mixon off their board. This environment is morally equivalent to giving crack addicts crack via justifying "well they would use it anyway."
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

i would challenge that. Why did Pacman downplay the whole situation afterwards? I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of "wait for the video to come out" type deal. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

Hey Mike, give us fans a chance and quit wasting money on idiots like this, and spend that money on good FA players that aren't going to get suspended.  I, too, gave Jones a chance, then another.  I've seen enough.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:02 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: i would challenge that. Why did Pacman downplay the whole situation afterwards? I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of "wait for the video to come out" type deal. 

When Mike says that Adam did a stupid thing and that we've all done stupid things...he's missing, or purposely avoiding, the point. Adam has continued to do stupid things and has showed no real ability to control himself in a way that would prevent him from doing more stupid things in the future.

And, when Mike states that Adam embarrassing himself is punishment enough...he has completely enabled Adam's actions. Adam knows that he will not be held accountable, in any real way, by the owner or the head coach. So what incentive - from within the organization - does he have to stop doing stupid things? Not only has he has proven time and time again that 'embarrassment' certainly isn't a deterrent, but he also knows that he won't be held accountable by Brown and Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When Mike says that Adam did a stupid thing and that we've all done stupid things...he's missing, or purposely avoiding, the point. Adam has continued to do stupid things and has showed no real ability to control himself in a way that would prevent him from doing more stupid things in the future.

And, when Mike states that Adam embarrassing himself is punishment enough...he has completely enabled Adam's actions. Adam knows that he will not be held accountable, in any real way, by the owner or the head coach...so what incentive - from within the organization - does he have to stop doing stupid things. Not only has he has proven time and time again that 'embarrassment' certainly isn't a deterrent, but he also knows that he won't be held accountable by Brown and Lewis.

Preach, Holic!
Reply/Quote

This.......this is just embarrassing.

Marvin and Mike and have made it look like the inmates run the asylum. Pacman has had some many "second" chances in the league and from this team. It makes zero sense in keeping him. Releasing him would send a message that this BS behavior won't be tolerated. Instead, he's projected as this irreplaceable mentor to our young players. I can only imagine what WJ3 is learning from him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:02 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: i would challenge that. Why did Pacman downplay the whole situation afterwards? I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of "wait for the video to come out" type deal. 

I thought it was something regarding the bodily substance on the nurse? Something like he was just spitting out his chew and her hand got in the way. As Deters says, a "ticky tack" charge.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-adam-jones-avoids-felony-charge-after-allegedly-spitting-on-a-nurse/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 01:27 PM)Burma Wrote: The old "don't worry about the trash in your own yard. Just look at all the trash in the rest of the neighborhood" tactic huh.  Nice.

I think what he was talking about was the over-the-top criticism. 

You can not claim the Bengals are a "joke" for not cutting Adam unless you claim that every other team in the league is a joke also.

You can disagree with what the Bengals are doing here, but you can't claim "this is why they lose" or stupid stuff like that when teams all over the league keep players who break the law.

So squeal all you want.  Just, please, look around and get a little context first.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 03:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If you or I did the same alleged crime with existing video evidence would they drop charge? 

Yes.  Why wouldn't they?
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think what he was talking about was the over-the-top criticism. 

You can not claim the Bengals are a "joke" for not cutting Adam unless you claim that every other team in the league is a joke also.

You can disagree with what the Bengals are doing here, but you can't claim "this is why they lose" or stupid stuff like that when teams all over the league keep players who break the law.

So squeal all you want.  Just, please, look around and get a little context first.

You can not claim that any other team has an Adam Jones on their roster, either. No other player in the NFL has over 10 arrests. How's that for "context"?
Reply/Quote
So we're not moving on from Adam Jones. Now the NFL may suspend him, but we aren't cutting him (reading between the lines).
Reply/Quote
He will get suspended.

Don't forget, Adam Jones got suspended for 4 games for having an altercation with his body guard. There were no arrests, no charges, nothing. But the NFL cracked down on him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote