Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis gives his opinion on Pacman
(03-30-2017, 11:23 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Exactly.  We're talking about a guy who is 33 years old, and has been getting in trouble for the better part of two decades. This is a guy who has continually shown he cannot control his actions and will continue to put himself in bad situations.

The part about Jones driving to the hospital to see his newborn baby, and how that was supposed to be something special... so you're telling me him doing what any decent father would do made such an impression on you that you can't hold him accountable for his actions today?

I guess we know where Hobson got his great spin skills, huh?  He learned from his boss, the master.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 08:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Jones has HIV?

Big difference spitting on someone if HIV positive and know it making it a felony versus spitting on someone.

I think you are wrong, no felony unless HIV positive and knowingly spit on someone.

But to the OP. I too thin MB and ML are too tolerant. Jones should be gone.

But,I think the Steelers tolerating a multiple accused sexual predator is worse.

There's other things besides HIV... there's hepatitis, Tuberculosis, Herpes, Flu, Cold... and it's just not the fact someone knows this that makes it a crime, it is the discomfort to the victim by not knowing if something was transmitted.  
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 12:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: There's other things besides HIV... there's hepatitis, Tuberculosis, Herpes, Flu, Cold... and it's just not the fact someone knows this that makes it a crime, it is the discomfort to the victim by not knowing if something was transmitted.  

Not to mention the disrespect and disgustingness of being spat on.  Makes your skin crawl.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do folks think Marvin should have said?

I mean, he basically ignored Pacman saying he hopes the cops end up dying.

So something better than that. Not "well at the time, all that it shows is his language".
True, but he's saying he wishes those cops would die.

So maybe something like "His words to the police does not represent what our organization stands for".

But, here we are. There's a lot of unhappy fans. And rightfully so.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:45 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, he basically ignored Pacman saying he hopes the cops end up dying.

So something better than that. Not "well at the time, all that it shows is his language".
True, but he's saying he wishes those cops would die.

So maybe something like "His words to the police does not represent what our organization stands for".

But, here we are. There's a lot of unhappy fans. And rightfully so.

Even if they were going to defend him, you would have liked to see Mike or Marvin say something like "we as an organization have the highest respect for the members of law enforcement".
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:52 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Even if they were going to defend him, you would have liked to see Mike or Marvin say something like "we as an organization have the highest respect for the members of law enforcement".

On a kind of a side note, remember back when Bengals were getting arrested every other day?  Remember all that talk about Cincinnati Police targeting Bengal players?  Funny how all that went away when the team stopped drafting idiots.

Reply/Quote
Comical stance from a comical coach. Chalking up this chain of events to simply a language issue is an unreal take. I could go into a long diatribe about the power of words, the events leading up to the incident, and the fact it all resulted in him being restrained Hannibal Lector style, but I won't.

Adam Jones simply isn't a good person. He's both an embarrassment to this city, this team, and this league, and he's a menace. He's a piece of filth who has brought physical injury upon numerous people, and has inconvenienced and disrupted countless more.

I'm now left wondering just how good of a person Marvin Lewis is. It's bad enough you have a coach who is such a spineless loser. It's hard to stomach having such a failure as our coach. A coach with a terrible personality. Those are all bad things. But to now learn that he's a piece of shit too? Because only a total piece of shit describes this whole situation the way he just did.

**** Adam Jones, and **** Marvin Lewis. And **** this family and their Mickey Mouse franchise. What a bunch of low-lifes.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 03:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Comical stance from a comical coach.  Chalking up this chain of events to simply a language issue is an unreal take.  I could go into a long diatribe about the power of words, the events leading up to the incident, and the fact it all resulted in him being restrained Hannibal Lector style, but I won't.

Adam Jones simply isn't a good person. He's both an embarrassment to this city, this team, and this league, and he's a menace. He's a piece of filth who has brought physical injury upon numerous people, and has inconvenienced and disrupted countless more.

I'm now left wondering just how good of a person Marvin Lewis is. It's bad enough you have a coach who is such a spineless loser. It's hard to stomach having such a failure as our coach. A coach with a terrible personality. Those are all bad things. But to now learn that he's a piece of shit too?  Because only a total piece of shit describes this whole situation the way he just did.

**** Adam Jones, and **** Marvin Lewis. And **** this family and their Mickey Mouse franchise. What a bunch of low-lifes.

At least we're not the Steelers?  Nervous
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:52 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Even if they were going to defend him, you would have liked to see Mike or Marvin say something like "we as an organization have the highest respect for the members of law enforcement".

Yeah, show some class.

Don't side with the dude that has none.
Reply/Quote
The apple doesn't fall far from the Mike Brown tree.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 01:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "We expect our players to represent the organization and the city better than this"?

But I suppose anything other than "Adam didn't do nuffin" would've been an improvement.

Didn't you want Adam gone yourself? So why defend the defense?

Of course I want Adam gone; have ever since he slapped that girl outside the club. I have that privilege as I am a fan and not his boss. As a boss my job is to stand by my employee publicly until he/she has his/her day in court. 

BTW, Marvin did not say "Adam didn't do nuffin:. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 10:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: Meh, this dude said the o line is not an issue, his opinion is bupkis LMAO

I'm waiting for the day Lewis comes out and says "playoff wins aren't the issue." That would make me probably stroke out from laughing so hard. Figure if he can ignore the o-line issues, why not the playoff issues.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 12:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course I want Adam gone; have ever since he slapped that girl outside the club. I have that privilege as I am a fan and not his boss. As a boss my job is to stand by my employee publicly until he/she has his/her day in court. 

BTW, Marvin did not say "Adam didn't do nuffin:.

Yes he did, in so many words - “As time has come out, other than his language what did he do?” Lewis said, via the Cincinnati Enquirer.  “

He's posing the question making light of it. Like Jones didn't do anything bad.

And I'm sorry but there are lines that can be crossed where it's not even close to appropriate to defend someone anymore. As has been said a thousand times Jones isn't some kid who got drunk and showed his @$$. He's a repeat offender with no respect for anyone but himself.

What Marvin Lewis should have said is this is not behavior we will tolerate especially when it's the umptenth time.
Reply/Quote
Hilarious that the guy who makes boneheaded decisions time and time again is used by this team to mentor young players against making boneheaded decisions.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 06:56 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Maybe they learned their lesson with Hernandez. Then again, how wasted was Michael Floyd? I wonder where the Patriot morality line is drawn.

At any rate, I'm so happy I finally decided to stop giving these people my money.

I have raised this point several times. I think it is a legitimate question for people who claim to have a set of morals - how do you justify giving time/talent/or treasure to a major league sports enterprise? It may have even been a questionable thing to do 50 years ago, but it certainly seems to me it has become more and more questionable over time.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 10:31 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Hilarious that the guy who makes boneheaded decisions time and time again is used by this team to mentor young players against making boneheaded decisions.

It's the old "do as i say, not as I do."

Reply/Quote

(03-30-2017, 03:36 PM)McC Wrote: On a kind of a side note, remember back when Bengals were getting arrested every other day?  Remember all that talk about Cincinnati Police targeting Bengal players?  Funny how all that went away when the team stopped drafting idiots.

Yeah, always have to take the side of the police, right?

Why was it the city paid Matthias Askew half a million dollars again?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, always have to take the side of the police, right?

Law enforcement is an integral part of our society.  Are there bad cops?  Most definitely, but the majority are hard working people who put their lives on the line on a daily basis to protect others.  What exactly does Pacman Jones contribute to society?

The police were not out of line that night, there are no questions that they abused him or his rights.  If anything, they seemed to show great restraint.  And yes, an organization like the Bengals, one that represents the city, should support their local law enforcement.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 01:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Law enforcement is an integral part of our society.  Are there bad cops?  Most definitely, but the majority are hard working people who put their lives on the line on a daily basis to protect others.  What exactly does Pacman Jones contribute to society?

Sorry Fred, but this is an asshole statement on your part.  The police were not out of line that night, there are no questions that they abused him or his rights.  If anything, they seemed to show great restraint.  And yes, and organization like the Bengals, one that represents the city, should support their local law enforcement.

Another great post OB.

Wonder how this country would be if we had no police?

A few bad apples make them all look bad.

People need to put themselves in their shoes when they judge. In this instance the cops did a great job and Adam was an idiot.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, always have to take the side of the police, right?

Bleeding heart snowflake to the end, right?  One out of how many?

Reply/Quote