Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis hints at personnel changes
Please be PA
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
"Marv I could just spend a few bucks on a time machine thingy...  They make those don't they?"

[Image: th?id=OIP.tA7lxWXnSDBgPNNfa1MXXAFNC7&pid...=289&h=163]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Start by grabbing the first 5 guys you find in the stands to play O-line, instant upgrade.

Seriously, not aimed at you trademark but Bodine (just to name a very obvious one) has needed replaced for two years now and words such as these from ML are way to little and way to late !

Shoot, I'll recruit Whyche's Warrior and I to be the first two.  We're old, and might only last a play or two, but at least the team will get a quick score out of the deal.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Mervy McLawis...the time for personnel changes was during the off-season, when even Stevie Wonder could see this line was going to struggle.

Now it's time for coaching changes, then personnel changes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Damn...When I read the thread header "Lewis hints at personnel changes" I thought he was going to tender his resignation. Now me sad Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 12:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, Mervy McLawis...the time for personnel changes was during the off-season, when even Stevie Wonder could see this line was going to struggle.

Now it's time for coaching changes, then personnel changes.

In their Defense they did make personal descions. Like moving the worst Right tackle in the game to left Tackle. Or moving on from Zietler to Trey Hopkins.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:54 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Good old Marvin with the same, "We’ve got to play better."  No kidding genius, the most uninspiring head coach I can think of.

That's a fact right there! Just find 5 of the fattest guys you can find and when the ball is snapped fall down and become speed bumps!! Vast improvement there!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 10:14 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Why not try AJM in there...see if there is any improvement?

There won't be.  
Reply/Quote
Lewis is actually one of the best in the world at what he does. Top 40 or 50 in the world probably. He'd be a good coach to bring onto an ailing program that would see an 8-8 season as progress. He could have bounced around the league and been known as a great rehabilitator in another reality, one who fixes the most obvious of errors and builds a program to around the NFL average until he hits his ceiling. Unfortunately,  he does not seem like he is capable of winning a super bowl as a HC. 
Reply/Quote
Super Bowl? He can't even win a single playoff game.

Reply/Quote
The lack of effort from the offensive line is concern enough. Watching CO get blown up, then Andy destroyed and then him walk away to chase down a Taco Bell 5 dollar box is heartbreaking.

I'm far from having NFL conditioning, but crap I could put out better effort than that.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 10:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: "Note to self...  block all calls from Cincinnati area code"

[Image: th?id=OIP.cctDBeO4ToDKkWbUCLU_9gEsDH&pid...=268&h=179]

You know Mike Brown inquired already how much of a bargain he could get if he hired Kaperniek.
Reply/Quote
Waiting by my phone for the call..MB hit me up...I'd give some effort...You'd have to carry my broke ass out on a stretcher...but I'd make a play with some heart.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 10:14 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Why not try AJM in there...see if there is any improvement?

Cause the line will still suck no matter who is under center.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bro

Did no one but me read this as him talking about the players?

Is he seriously not gonna take responsibility for this?

Locker room means players. He wasnt talking coaching changes
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:44 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Cause the line will still suck no matter who is under center.

It kills me seeing ppl lobby for AJM.

It’s basically an unwritten admission that you don’t know football.

How could you possibly lobby for Dalton to be replaced but not say a word about the line?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What *other* NFL team would hire Marvin Lewis as head coach? I have a feeling there aren't a ton of teams that would want Andy Dalton for more than a backup right now, too - of course our team isn't helping him in that area either.

Are you out of your mind.  QB play in the NFL is horrid right now and it's hurting the product offering.  There are probably about 20 teams that would take Dalton in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
And, once again, too little too f***ing late Marv. A semi-competent head coach would have made changes before the deadline... Hell they would have made changes at the end of last season.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: In a lost season. You start evaluating. Like we should have done last year.

Jordan evans looked real this preseason. Vinney rey aint getting any better. Westerman looked good in the preaseason. How about activating him and actually playing him. Quit screwing with our last 2 first round picks and play them. Quit playing MJ at DE. Willis and Lawson should be getting all of those snaps. Time to put Sims on IR. Glasgow and Billings need the PT. Maybe use the spot on dielman you just drafted and see if he can play. Hopefully fat randy is healthy. Cut the extra K and activate the S STs weapon you traded up for.

All stuff we should do. We wont

Bengals response - "We're 3-5, we can still make the playoffs! Don't give up on the season just yet!"

Seriously though, I don't think we start seeing some of these younger players to evaluate until the Bengals get at least three more losses.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:00 PM)McC Wrote: And now, passing the buck.  I swear to God, these clowns look like they're going out of their way to piss off the customers.  Like a Walmart greeter telling everyone go fukk yourself on their way in.

passing the buck to the players playing like shit???  that's their job to play football and they are sucking at it.

its not coach speak its just truth
Reply/Quote