Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis on Sirius/XM
Got stoked to listen to ML on the Thursday AM Sirius/xm NFL channel.  He was a no show!  Instead I got extra time listening to the Leveon Bell bull.  Now - if Bell never reports all year, and ML never calls in to the Thursday morning Sirius/xm nfl network channel - I would say I could take that trade!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So he finally calls in an hour later. Interesting note is that he said Eifert is as about as healthy as he ever will be considering his back problems (meaning - it could only get worse).
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 09:14 AM)BengalD Wrote: So he finally calls in an hour later. Interesting note is that he said Eifert is as about as healthy as he ever will be considering his back problems (meaning - it could only get worse).

And it will. It's only a matter of time unfortunately. Serious back problems never truly go away. We can only hope it's later rather than sooner 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 10:14 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: And it will. It's only a matter of time unfortunately. Serious back problems never truly go away. We can only hope it's later rather than sooner 

yep

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Getting excited about anything Marvin Lewis related leads to disappointment. Well, maybe you'd be ok if you were a Ravens fan like 18 years ago, or something.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 10:14 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: And it will. It's only a matter of time unfortunately. Serious back problems never truly go away. We can only hope it's later rather than sooner 

Which begs the question why we re-signed him, even for 1 year? Just move on and use the cap space elsewhere.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 08:45 AM)BengalD Wrote: Got stoked to listen to ML on the Thursday AM Sirius/xm NFL channel.  He was a no show!  Instead I got extra time listening to the Leveon Bell bull.  Now - if Bell never reports all year, and ML never calls in to the Thursday morning Sirius/xm nfl network channel - I would say I could take that trade!

I for one love hearing all the crap about bell. 3 days ago all of the Steelers played it off as no big deal and no distraction. Now they’ve all got their panties in a bunch lmao. I hope he sits out well into the season...although I’d also love to see the Steelers sink $16+ mil/yr on a long term contract for him (doesn’t appear they have any intention on doing that though so I hope he sits out until week 10.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 11:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Getting excited about anything Marvin Lewis related leads to disappointment.  Well, maybe you'd be ok if you were a Ravens fan like 18 years ago, or something.

Not necessarily excited about ML talking, stoked about the season starting and hearing something other than draft and contracts news.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 11:35 AM)BengalD Wrote: Not necessarily excited about ML talking, stoked about the season starting and hearing something other than draft and contracts news.

Ah, how Pavlovian!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 11:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Getting excited about anything Marvin Lewis related leads to disappointment.  Well, maybe you'd be ok if you were a Ravens fan like 18 years ago, or something.

Crazy how things change... I couldn't have been more excited for anything Marv Lewis related from 2003-2007  Cry
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 11:23 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Which begs the question why we re-signed him, even for 1 year? Just move on and use the cap space elsewhere.

Couldn't tell ya. I was all for moving on from Eifert as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 02:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Crazy how things change... I couldn't have been more excited for anything Marv Lewis related from 2003-2007  Cry

He talks in circles, completely useless to listen to him. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 11:23 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Which begs the question why we re-signed him, even for 1 year? Just move on and use the cap space elsewhere.

I thought it was a great deal for both sides. Eifert only makes good money if he is available to play but he still has that chance .The guy is a red zone monster when he's on the field. You weren't taking that money and finding anyone near the caliber of a healthy Eifert. And he appears healthy now. It's a one year deal. He may win us a few games this year. Next year I'm sure they'll reevaluate abain. I'm rooting hard for the guy, this offense needs him
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 02:26 PM)Brimey Wrote: I thought it was a great deal for both sides. Eifert only makes good money if he is available to play but he still has that chance .The guy is a red zone monster when he's on the field. You weren't taking that money and finding anyone near the caliber of a healthy Eifert. And he appears healthy now. It's a one year deal. He may win us a few games this year. Next year I'm sure they'll reevaluate abain. I'm rooting hard for the guy, this offense needs him

And he's a good guy who's been majorly snake bit.   Love to see him realize his potential without totally destroying his back
Reply/Quote
Gronk had the same surgery and he was fine last season. This isn't the end of the world for Eifert.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 04:11 PM)3wt Wrote: And he's a good guy who's been majorly snake bit.   Love to see him realize his potential without totally destroying his back

Oh how sweet it would be to have Eifert healthy for a full season ! Love to see it, I just ain't gonna bet the farm on it.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know if Marvin is going through health issues? I've noticed he is wobbling and struggling to walk. Nothing that looks associated with his weight gain, but more or less knee issues or something of that nature.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 06:58 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Does anyone know if Marvin is going through health issues? I've noticed he is wobbling and struggling to walk. Nothing that looks associated with his weight gain, but more or less knee issues or something of that nature.

He had a knee surgery one off season that kept him in the box upstairs throughout the preseason.  Perhaps it is causing him problems again.
Reply/Quote
I sometimes hear him on my morning commute. You can just hear Ross Tucker pulling teeth to get him to give anything approaching an interesting answer. It's the same non-information Merve-speak you hear in his afternoon pressers, the only difference being he's a bit more polite on Sirius given it's national media.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

I guess we finally know how Colts fans felt with Bob Sanders. Such a great talent that just can't stay healthy.

Anything we get out of him going forward should be doubly appreciated. Enjoy it while it lasts.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote