Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis on Sirius/XM
(09-07-2018, 12:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess we finally know how Colts fans felt with Bob Sanders. Such a great talent that just can't stay healthy.

Anything we get out of him going forward should be doubly appreciated. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The crazy thing is that our top 3 TEs are all FAs after this season. I'm guessing Uzomah would be easy to re-sign since he hasn't shown much. I believe Kroft will test the market. Eifert is completely up in the air.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 08:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I sometimes hear him on my morning commute.  You can just hear Ross Tucker pulling teeth to get him to give anything approaching an interesting answer.  It's the same non-information Merve-speak you hear in his afternoon pressers, the only difference being he's a bit more polite on Sirius given it's national media.

And more polite than Coach Belichick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 01:14 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The crazy thing is that our top 3 TEs are all FAs after this season. I'm guessing Uzomah would be easy to re-sign since he hasn't shown much. I believe Kroft will test the market. Eifert is completely up in the air.

Even if he's (relatively) healthy this year, I don't see Eifert getting anything beyond 1 year deals from now til infinity.

He's like a truck with a rod knock. Just drive it til it falls apart. There is no fixing it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 09:14 AM)BengalD Wrote: So he finally calls in an hour later. Interesting note is that he said Eifert is as about as healthy as he ever will be considering his back problems (meaning - it could only get worse).

I'm sure hes not the only guy in the NFL with back issues...

but yeah in general back issues don't get better with time.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 01:14 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The crazy thing is that our top 3 TEs are all FAs after this season. I'm guessing Uzomah would be easy to re-sign since he hasn't shown much. I believe Kroft will test the market. Eifert is completely up in the air.

Not sure we can call Uzomah a Top TE or even much of a TE given his stats since hes been here.
Reply/Quote
I think we re-sign Kroft.
Reply/Quote
I thought for sure we would draft a free agent this year.
Reply/Quote
How does a team draft a free agent?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 10:56 AM)3wt Wrote: And more polite than Coach Belichick.

Meh, at least Belicheck's earned the right to be an asshat.  Merv, not so much.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 11:34 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I for one love hearing all the crap about bell. 3 days ago all of the Steelers played it off as no big deal and no distraction. Now they’ve all got their panties in a bunch lmao. I hope he sits out well into the season...although I’d also love to see the Steelers sink $16+ mil/yr on a long term contract for him (doesn’t appear they have any intention on doing that though so I hope he sits out until week 10.

Notice how we don't hear about teams making trade offers to the Steelers for Bell's services. Nobody is going to pay a RB $16M per, especially one who is on the back half of his career.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 08:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, at least Belicheck's earned the right to be an asshat.  Merv, not so much.

Actually when Belichick is served an intelligent football question he gives very long detailed answers. ML  just giggles

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 08:23 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Actually when Belichick is served an intelligent football question he gives very long detailed answers. ML  just giggles

That's Merv's way of telling people to kiss the baby.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I heard ML was alright on the first half of the show but the show hosts adjusted their questions in the second half and he was confused

Reply/Quote
Well - caught the ML gem this morning. "Bobby (Hart) needs to stay true to his technique". Oh boy - that's what I'm afraid of. That technique will get Dalton killed.
Reply/Quote
Technique?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 09:22 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Technique?

Yup - I thought the same thing!
Reply/Quote
I thought techniques were great midlevel record players from back in the days of 33 1/3s.. I had one. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2018, 10:18 AM)grampahol Wrote: I thought techniques were great midlevel record players from back in the days of 33 1/3s.. I had one. 

Still have one.  Bought a pre-amp for it at radio shack twenty years ago to pump the audio out to my PC to rip my vinyl.  Really should buy a USB turntable now - but I'm old school and the turntable still works!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 01:55 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I heard ML was alright on the first half of the show but the show hosts adjusted their questions in the second half and he was confused

[Image: latest?cb=20161018133118]

Rep.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote