Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis opens up to media
(01-06-2017, 12:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: "We have to figure out a way to get better at it...It’s not x’s and o’s."

Does this mean it isn't the coaching, it is player execution?  If it does mean that, how do the players execute better?  Coaching.

This is why I seldom listen to a damn thing Marvin Lewis says. Because he doesn't say a god damn thing worth listening to.

You didn't find that worth listening too? I thought that was so telling, it was probably the most interesting thing he (or any other coach) has said in a long time. I mean how is making halftime adjustments journalist jargon? It's almost to stupid to believe he said, but he did.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:10 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Actually, I think the reporters are far to soft on him, almost like they fear him. I think there's one reporter (Katie, I think her name is?) that always asks the tougher questions, but most everyone else lets him off way to easy. The halftime adjustment bit is probably the worst thing i've ever heard an NFL coach say. Seriously. And it explains EVERYTHING. He has one plan and one plan only. If you beat that plan, you beat him. 

Yeah, but atleast they were alluding to the truth this time instead of just giving him hanging soft balls that he lazily bunts.

The Steelers sure are glad Marv is back, so are the Patriots. This team would be tough on both of them with a coach that could make adjustments in the game. Marv's teams shoot themselves, the refs screw them, or he don't care enough to adjust to the better teams
and the Steelers are not even that good of a team and we still lose to them.

Just happy we only have to deal with this crap for one more year.

MB just needs to get the hell out of the way when we pick a new coach and let the guy do his own thing.
Reply/Quote
This is how long you'll wait until Lewis leaves the Bengals as HC

[Image: hYRzQSe.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lmao i think most of us have waited that long already GF.. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:21 PM)GodFather Wrote: This is how long you'll wait until Lewis leaves the Bengals as HC

[Image: hYRzQSe.jpg]

And he too will manage to get Tom Hanks killed in the process.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Yet again, we refer to movies to describe our team. As most know, the season has always been "Groundhog Day!" The FO has always been "Half Baked." The coaching to be "Three Stooges." The players to be "Waterboy" and the fans screaming "Any Given Sunday!"

In the end, Its always "Apocalypse Now," without the victory!

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 12:05 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yet again, we refer to movies to describe our team. As most know, the season has always been "Groundhog Day!" The FO has always been "Half Baked." The coaching to be "Three Stooges." The players to be "Waterboy" and the fans screaming "Any Given Sunday!"

In the end, Its always "Apocalypse Now," without the victory!

"I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch because that is what LIVING is. The six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes. Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him."  

Al Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday. Still the gayest football speech ever.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 05:02 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: "I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch because that is what LIVING is. The six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes. Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him."  

Al Pacino's speech from Any Given Sunday. Still the gayest football speech ever.

Anytime someone compares playing football to fighting a war I shake my head.  Sure you can talk about doing it for the guy next to you, but when you talk about fighting and dying for an inch of ground you lose me. I've never served a day in uniform and it still bugs me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This further proves how idiotic this guy is and we will never win anything with this doofus coaching and Mike Clown running the team...The true definition of dumb and dumber, if you add piano man you can make them the three stooges
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 06:17 PM)Trademark Wrote: This further proves how idiotic this guy is and we will never win anything with this doofus coaching and Mike Clown running the team...The true definition of dumb and dumber, if you add piano man you can make them the three stooges
Some people find the Stooges to be entertaining.

[Image: tumblr_nb7cckKDSw1s2wio8o3_500.gif]

Brown, Lewis, Alexander...  not so much.

[Image: disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote