Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis says Ross needs a lot of time and practice
Hopefully we get him back for the Steelers game

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/10/13/16469026/marvin-lewis-says-john-ross-a-lot-of-time-lot-practice
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Maybe Ross shouldn't practice, he seems to get hurt during practice!
Reply/Quote
Mmhm Whatever
Reply/Quote
Well, at least he is a beast on madden. Not a total loss...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
needing a lot of time and practice does not translate to playing in 10 days..unless you meant the second Steeler game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I have a feeling ross won't return till like week 14 in a meaningless game. Atleast eiffert can't demand a huge payday
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Malone has passed him on depth chart?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 08:03 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Wonder if Malone has passed him on depth chart?
It seems both must be low on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
Project pick in the top 10?
Reply/Quote
And so we have another blown first round pick...since AJ Green our track record on getting real players out of the first is a bit sketchy and getting them on the field contributing in their rookie years (because your first round pick should be an immediate contributor) is abysmal.

Dennard has not been very good at all the very little we see of him, we are only just now seeing a little of WJIII, Eifert has had one season where he actually played and produced, Og is one of the biggest first round busts in Bengal history, Big Z was allowed to walk and now Ross looks like Eifert the second. That leaves Dre who is servicable but again who did not contribute in his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
We got a little Zagart and Evans going on here..
https://youtu.be/yesyhQkYrQM
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So he is admitting the did a shitty job coaching or they did a shitty job drafting?

Dude knows how to play WR.

Make it easy for him and use his strengths Marv you stupid shit
Reply/Quote
so we drafted a small injury prone wr in the top ten that got injured while running the 40 n was previously nursing a shoulder injury is now injured after playing 5 plays in a game. there was a reason teams took him off their draft board. life of a Bengals fan
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 11:22 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: so we drafted a small injury prone wr in the top ten that got injured while running the 40 n was previously nursing a  shoulder injury is now injured after playing 5 plays in a game. there was a reason teams took him off their draft board.  life of a Bengals fan

The small injury prone defensive end that teams dropped on their draft board is working out pretty well.

I say let's see what happens before writing him off 5 games into his rookie season...since he does have at least 4 more seasons besides this one in Cincy....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
marv wont let him get playing time until he learns how to block
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 06:17 PM)Trademark Wrote: Hopefully we get him back for the Steelers game

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/10/13/16469026/marvin-lewis-says-john-ross-a-lot-of-time-lot-practice

I think Marv needs a nice cup of shut the hell up...

Just stay out of  it and let his OC decide how and when to use him.  I am telling you that just having him line up and run some deep routes changes the way a team will defend us, especially the steelers.  The one thing they won't do is allow a big play.  They design everything against that.  Two safeties deep means lots of green space for the likes of Kroft/Uzo, Gio, Mixon, Boyd (when is that guy going to show up?), etc.

Oops...it appears Boyd is injured...so I guess not anytime soon.

Cody Core?  You out there?
Reply/Quote
Marvin is weak. Got to put Ross in at Pittsburgh. Don't have to throw at him, just get him in there and let's see if he can create space.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 08:11 PM)Derrick Wrote: It seems both must be low on the depth chart.

They are rookies and they dont play under Marvin, they must be benched for 16 games.....this is Marvins #1 rule.........except when your absolute stud aka AJ Green, "Ginger Genius" or Carl "The QB Killa" Lawson
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 08:24 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Project pick in the top 10?

No, injured player who missed most of camps and a bunch of preseason so needs more time to catch up pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2017, 11:30 AM)Beaker Wrote: No, injured player who missed most of camps and a bunch of preseason so needs more time to catch up pick.

Now come on, Beaker....

The Bengals has won two straight and are back in the hunt.   Eifert is injured, but the team seems to be on the ascent.  There has to be something to second guess and complain about as an absolute truth after 5 weeks of the season.  
Reply/Quote