Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis to be Fired?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/2016/12/24/cincinnati-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-rumored-to-be-fired-upon-end-of-disappointing-season/#49ecbd8f37de

Ian Rappaport is a credible source but I'll believe it when I see it
Reply/Quote
I wish, but I don't believe it
Reply/Quote
They're going to extend him before the season ends just because of this article.

Watch.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 04:49 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: They're going to extend him before the season ends just because of this article.

Watch.

Lol, I'd laugh. Seriously
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 04:54 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: Lol, I'd laugh.  Seriously

They did the same thing last year.

ESPN: THe Bengals are starting to get unhappy with Lewis.

Bengals: Extends Lewis.
Reply/Quote
Well one coach got fired after a loss at Houston last week; if we lose this week it could very well be 2.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
would.not mind Tom Coughlin as a Candidate if Lewis is let go.
Reply/Quote
Nowhere in the article does it state that he is to be fired, only that he was rumored to be on the hot seat when we were 3-7-1.

I notice thought that no one has commented that the author states the fan base should hold him in high regard.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 05:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: would.not mind Tom Coughlin as a  Candidate if Lewis is let go.

No.and.thank.you.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 05:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Nowhere in the article does it state that he is to be fired, only that he was rumored to be on the hot seat when we were 3-7-1.

I notice thought that no one has commented that the author states the fan base should hold him in high regard.

What are you. his personal concierge?  Do you also make coach Lewis his favorite PB&J sandwiches, with the crust cut off, and hand deliver them to him?

It doesn't take a genius to realize that Lewis may have been on the hot seat, since the latest and greatest playoff debacle... :andy:

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 05:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are you. his personal concierge?  Do you also make coach Lewis his favorite PB&J sandwiches, with the crust cut off, and hand deliver them to him?

It doesn't take a genius to realize that Lewis may have been on the hot seat, since the latest and greatest playoff debacle... :andy:

Nope, only make them that way for me Wink

My point is the thread and article title both are implying that rumors state there has been a decision made to fire the man after next weekend.  That is not the same as saying he MAY be released, and those are the speculation articles that people use as "sources" for things they are calling facts, despite not making the claim people call the fact.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 04:43 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonogus/2016/12/24/cincinnati-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-rumored-to-be-fired-upon-end-of-disappointing-season/#49ecbd8f37de

Ian Rappaport is a credible source but I'll believe it when I see it

Marvin Lewis on the hot seat?!

Hilarious Hilarious LMAO LMAO Hilarious Hilarious

Thanks! I needed a good laugh 
Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I see it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 05:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Nope, only make them that way for me Wink

My point is the thread and article title both are implying that rumors state there has been a decision made to fire the man after next weekend.  That is not the same as saying he MAY be released, and those are the speculation articles that people use as "sources" for things they are calling facts, despite not making the claim people call the fact.

I understand your point, but also feel the need to point out that no one here has asserted any of that as fact.  Many of us have our hopes, but will never believe it until it actually happens.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yadda, yadda, yadda, been there done that! He leaves when he retires.

The most you can hope for IMHO is that Brown tries to talk him into GM making it clear that it has to be a willing decision on Lewis' part.
Reply/Quote
Nope. Not happening. Not anytime soon
Reply/Quote
If Marvin was to get fired, it will probably happen a few weeks after season is over and all decent head coaching prospects are already hired. Then it will either be Guenther or Zampese as head coach.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 05:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Nope, only make them that way for me Wink

Say what? You sound like an attorney. No one said it's a FACT. I even put a question mark at the end of the thread title. And yes, Ian Rappaport is a credible "source" as you put it. Arguing semantics.

BTW, I don't believe it to be true. Just doing my part in putting the article out there. Like I said, I'll believe it when I see it. We've been down this road before with this so called "hot seat"
Reply/Quote
I wish
Reply/Quote
Rumors often come true. Marvin needs to go. He's been here too long.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote