Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis to be Fired?
Marvin was quoted recently that no coach worries about getting fired.

I'm pretty sure he is speaking specifically about himself.

Why would he ever get fired?

Mr. Brown and family love him and make money in the process.

This loyal fan base gets bent over year in and year out.

The don't have one iota of shame in doing so.

You know... come to think of it, do the family or coach ever say that the city or the fans deserve better?

Most organizations do when the fans have been let down.

That right there should be telling.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Man would this be great if it actually happened...

But i have been blue ballzed too many times... Mellow
Reply/Quote
It would be the greatest Christmas gift ever if that horrible coach gets fired
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 07:25 PM)Trademark Wrote: It would be the greatest Christmas gift ever if that horrible coach gets fired

X2.

Best Christmas present in years !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 07:06 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Marvin was quoted recently that no coach worries about getting fired.

I'm pretty sure he is speaking specifically about himself.

Why would he ever get fired?

Mr. Brown and family love him and make money in the process.

This loyal fan base gets bent over year in and year out.

The don't have one iota of shame in doing so
You know...  come to think of it, do the family or coach ever say that the city or the fans deserve better?

You know... come to think of it, do the family or coach ever say that the city or the fans deserve better?

Now, this is the truth. I have never heard anyone from the Bengals organization say anything close to this. SHAME ON THEM!
Reply/Quote
January ?? 2017 Bengals hire new Head Coach Lewis Martin.. [Image: ceGVdCG.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 09:30 PM)Brandon00151 Wrote: January ?? 2017 Bengals hire new Head Coach Lewis Martin.. [Image: ceGVdCG.png]

With a brand new different same clap!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 07:32 PM)Derrick Wrote: You know... come to think of it, do the family or coach ever say that the city or the fans deserve better?

Now, this is the truth. I have never heard anyone from the Bengals organization say anything close to this. SHAME ON THEM!

I mean...  26 years!

That's a long time without bringing a notable post season win, yet let alone a championship.

At least fake it once in a while like you care.  LOL

[Image: tumblr_mjtyyxuphz1ri1xh6o1_400.gif]
Reply/Quote
Actually, I recall Mike Brown saying this almost word for word in the 09 season of Hard Knocks.  That's about it, though.
Reply/Quote
Now that nearly it's over, this season really feels the natural extension of the soul crushing way last season ended. Probably just hindsight, but it was probably an inevitability. They just couldn't get back what they lost in that game. It shook them to the core.

Add that to all the changes in personnel and coaches and the injuries...

There are coaches in the league who could have overcome all that. Marvin couldn't do it. He took us a long way from where he started. But he'll never get us ll the way to where we want to go.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 09:48 PM)McC Wrote: Now that nearly it's over, this season really feels the natural extension of the soul crushing way last season ended.  Probably just hindsight, but it was probably an inevitability.  They just couldn't get back what they lost in that game.  It shook them to the core.  

Add that to all the changes in personnel and coaches and the injuries...

There are coaches in the league who could have overcome all that.  Marvin couldn't do it.  He took us a long way from where he started.  But he'll never get us ll the way to where we want to go.

It's an extension of more than that IMO.  5 straight seasons of getting bounced in round 1 has to wear on a group of players.  I believe I even heard Dunlap say as much after last year's playoff loss.  Something to the effect of not being able to believe it could happen again and again.  

When they were young and having success at a time when people didn't expect much from them, they were playing with house money with a seemingly bright future on the horizon.  At this point  they've been beaten down so many times in the postseason that they may very well think that the chances of it working out are slim to none.  They've seen how the story ends 5 times.

It has to be pretty deflating to experience as a player. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 09:54 PM)samhain Wrote: It's an extension of more than that IMO.  5 straight seasons of getting bounced in round 1 has to wear on a group of players.  I believe I even heard Dunlap say as much after last year's playoff loss.  Something to the effect of not being able to believe it could happen again and again.  

When they were young and having success at a time when people didn't expect much from them, they were playing with house money with a seemingly bright future on the horizon.  At this point  they've been beaten down so many times in the postseason that they may very well think that the chances of it working out are slim to none.  They've seen how the story ends 5 times.

It has to be pretty deflating to experience as a player. 

This is the heart of what all Bungle players learn. How to lose. Its the main thing this organization teaches.
Reply/Quote
No. Front office will look at injuries as the excuse for this season for not winning a playoff game, let alone even making playoffs, well let alone even being near average.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Not gonna happen. Marvin might decide to retire, but he won't be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:46 AM)Millhouse Wrote: No. Front office will look at injuries as the excuse for this season for not winning a playoff game, let alone even making playoffs, well let alone even being near average.

Plus we can't have dead money.  And we need money for injuries and rookies and stuff.  And we're on the "model model" program.

Just like the Steelers and Patriots, right?   That's exactly what I think when I think Bengals.  Steelers and Patriots.  And the Ravens.  I guess the FO just likes to go at their own pace compared to the other three, lol.
Reply/Quote
Be sure to tune in next year for season 15 of "Marvin can't get it done"

Episode 1 - He's back, giggle, giggle, "we need to play better

Episode 2 - Do we need a kicker ?

Episode 3 - Bargain Basement free agents

Episode 4 - Let's draft another Offensive Tackle

Episode 5 - PA on O-line play
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 04:49 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: They're going to extend him before the season ends just because of this article.

Watch.

Yikes. Reading this gave me actual pain in my gut.

Mike's probably getting the papers ready to present to Giggles tomorrow though...
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 06:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: If Marvin was to get fired, it will probably happen a few weeks after season is over and all decent head coaching prospects are already hired. Then it will either be Guenther or Zampese as head coach.
It probably won't happen. But if it did, it would Sad likely be just like Millhouse suggested.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 02:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Be sure to tune in next year for season 15 of "Marvin can't get it done"

Episode 1 - He's back, giggle, giggle, "we need to play better

Episode 2 - Do we need a kicker ?

Episode 3 - Bargain Basement free agents

Episode 4 - Let's draft another Offensive Tackle and CB

Episode 5 - PA on O-line play

Most spot on with the addition.
Reply/Quote