Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberal Elitists
(06-06-2019, 10:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well we were told how dumb Bush was despite graduating from Yale and getting an MBA from Harvard.  Have those become impressive accomplishments again?

We were also told Bush 43 was a legacy admission who earned a "C" average. 

So . . .  no.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-06-2019, 10:56 AM)Dill Wrote: We were also told Bush 43 was a legacy admission who earned a "C" average. 

So . . .  no.

I saw graduated in your post, and he beat Kerry by a point.  Was that a legacy admission to Harvard as well?  And a legacy masters?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-06-2019, 10:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well we were told how dumb Bush was despite graduating from Yale and getting an MBA from Harvard.  Have those become impressive accomplishments again?

Dumb is relative. But I'd guess Bush from the powerful Bush clan had an easier path than a black woman.

My impression is that to earn those graduations, you're either very smart or very influential.
(06-06-2019, 11:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I saw graduated in your post, and he beat Kerry by a point.  Was that a legacy admission to Harvard as well?  And a legacy masters?

Yes. Kerry's father was a Yalie. And his family was wealthy enough to send him to private schools. And well connected.

What. . . are you trying to imply this guy is really a REPUBLICAN!!   Hilarious

Are you asking about Bush's Harvard MBA? I don't think Bush was a legacy admission there. The then son of Congressman and Ambassador to the UN George HW Bush--with a C average from Yale--surely had to "earn" his way in.  Somehow.

Once he got in, I think he earned the degree.