Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lies told (so far) in the firing of Comey
I've had a busy week personally and have lost track.

The original reason for the firing (in the letter signed by the POTUS was that it was after recommendations and over the handling of Clinton's emails.

The next reason for the firing (spoken by the POTUS in a televised interview the next day) was that he was going to fire him no matter what and it was over the "Trump and Russia thing which is totally fake."

So that was within 24 hours.

Since then the administration has said the FBI rank and file did not support Comey and the investigation was small.

Two facts directly and openly refuted by the acting FBI director in testimony.

The latest is the WH saying the POTUS would go to meet with the FBI in their building.

First the spokesperson says it is planned, then a senior adviser says it's "Being weighed" and then it gets shot down completely.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-not-planning-visit-fbi-headquarters-after-comey-firing-spokesperson-n757771

Quote:The White House has abandoned the idea of President Trump visiting FBI headquarters after being told he would not be greeted warmly, administration officials told NBC News.

Amid the continuing fallout over his decision to fire FBI Director James Comey, Trump was considering an appearance at the FBI's J Edgar Hoover Building in downtown Washington, DC. The White House publicly floated the idea as recently as Thursday morning.

Spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders, asked by a reporter whether such a visit was imminent, replied, I believe that it's very likely that takes place sometime in the next few days."

But that idea was dropped later Thursday, administration officials said, after the FBI told the White House the optics would not be good. FBI officials made clear that the president would not draw many smiles and cheers, having just unceremoniously sacked a very popular director.

And FBI agents said that, while many of them voted for Trump, after the president unceremoniously fired a very popular director, few were ready to meet him at the bureau with open arms.

On Wednesday, Huckabee Sanders said, "the president will be meeting with Acting Director [Andrew] McCabe later today to discuss that very thing — the morale at the FBI — as well as make an offer to go directly to the FBI if he feels that that's necessary and appropriate."

Related: Did AG Sessions Violate His Recusal by Advising on Comey Firing?

Senior White House officials later walked that back slightly, telling NBC News that while Trump was "weighing" a visit to the FBI building, the details were still being worked out in the morning. By Thursday afternoon the plan had been completely nixed.

Did I miss anything?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
And there is still 3 years and a half to go ...

Good luck with that.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

I read the the FBI had not problem with Trump coming to their building, but they objected to the contingent of Russians and their film crew that would be with Trump.
(05-14-2017, 09:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Did I miss anything?

The claim that a large number of FBI agents wanted to get rid of Comey as well, that he lost their support and the FBI is in turmoil.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/saturday-night-live-recap-melissa-mccarthy-sean-spicer-podium-111217564.html

We know Trump didn't lie because Trump said so.

Where have I heard that logic before?