Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Update
Well, work today is REALLY slow and I'm kinda bored and there's no activity in the P&R forum so I figured I'd give you guys an update on how life is going for me. If you don't like it, well, too bad.

Anyway, as you may or may not recall, I recently lost my job (my position was done away with and there were no other opportunities within the same company). Because housing was part of the compensation I received, that also meant moving. My wife and I figured this would be the best opportunity to get out of Connecticut (believe me, if you want a place to live that's highly taxed and highly regulated, CT is your state). Since she's from Lancaster, PA, we decided to settle here. It helps that her grandmother offered us a place to stay to get on our feet.

Anyway, I found a job working at a bank as a teller starting at the end of June. This is one of the reasons why i don't post much anymore. I'm usually just busy enough I can read and MAYBE post a thread or two, but that's usually it. My wife finally found a job she liked working at a daycare center (she started about 2 weeks ago).

So, that leaves us with looking for a place. Well, we looked at a couple of apartments and settled on one in York, PA. And we received word yesterday that we've been approved. So, in mid-October, my wife and I will be moving out of her grandmother's basement and into our own place. Life's looking up and I'm actually kinda glad I'm not working for The Salvation Army anymore. Honestly, I'm not liking the direction they're taking the organization anyway as some of my coworkers have also found themselves without a job.

Well, this killed a few minutes for me, hope it did the same for you. And maybe I'll be able to post more and more as time goes on. We can only hope, though, without fred around, I'm not so sure who can be my nemesis.

May the force be ever in your favor, Harry. Always.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good stuff man.  Glad things are looking up for you.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ya dude, glad things are turning around for you and your family.  Thanks for the update! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the update, glad things are going your families' way now.
Reply/Quote