Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like Marvin, Tomlin Needs To Be Criticized
(01-29-2016, 01:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're enabling him

Why are you even reading my threads or my posts that other people have quoted?

You have me on block, which I have no idea why you quit announcing that in any thread that I posted because I promise that people weren't laughing at you and everyone cared.

We're having a debate, so run along and talk with your students so you can have conversations with people who are on the same intellectual level as you.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 01:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're ignoring the point of the discussion and the point of him posting that in the article.

Nope.  This basic, and utterly inane, error on the author's part directly speaks to his lack of knowledge on the very topic he's pontificating on.

Quote:You can try to contradict that, however, by responding to the portion of your post that I replied to that is directly below this portion.
This might be the stupidest post I've ever seen you make, which is impressive.

Name two that had a bigger direct impact on the outcome of the game.
Please, I'm begging you.

Wait, are you trying to say the Burfict hit on Brown wasn't a penalty?  Please, I'm begging you.

Quote:It's very, very accurate.

If you'd only used one "very" I'd be able to argue with you.  Your use of two rendered me powerless.

Quote:There's no group of people more delusional than Steelers fans.  Not even Holocaust deniers are as out-of-touch with reality as Steelers fans.

This kind of gem right here is exactly why I respond to you.

Quote:You expect people to be like "oh, I better not respond because he'll make me look stupid."

It wouldn't be any fun if you didn't respond.  How else would I have the fodder for my next post?

Quote:There's absolutely no other explanation for you posting stupid shit and then acting like you're still smarter than everyone.

I'm not acting. Ninja

Quote:It's something grade school or high school kids do.

Do junior high kids stop doing it and then return to it once they enter 9th grade?

Quote:Why?  Because she can't travel to Pittsburgh or Georgia without fear of being raped by your quarterback?

She can't?  Tell her to take of the DTF name tag and her chances might improve.

Quote:You're right, I should be embarrassed!

Most accurate thing you've ever posted.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 01:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're enabling him

I know, but's is so damned fun.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 01:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're right, I should be embarrassed!

Yet, you're too much of a dunce to realize that this is true.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 01:23 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Missed the playoffs 2 of the past 5 years and only made it this season because of a tiebreaker.

You don't think a 10-6 record is deserving of a playoff spot, even if it was by a tiebreaker?
IMO anything less and you back in, then yes you would have a point.
9-7 is approaching mediocrity,  like the time the bengals backed into the playoffs.

Open the link Bradley.
I'm talking about the overall consistency of this franchise. Generally when haters have predicted (hoped, prayed for) the decline of the Steelers, they are talking about the team falling to bengal, browns levels.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:01 AM)Vlad Wrote: You don't think a 10-6 record is deserving of a playoff spot, even if it was by a tiebreaker?
IMO anything less and you back in, then yes you would have a point.
9-7 is approaching mediocrity,  like the time the bengals backed into the playoffs.

Open the link Bradley.
I'm talking about the overall consistency of this franchise. Generally when haters have predicted (hoped, prayed for) the decline of the Steelers, they are talking about the team falling to bengal, browns levels.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/

Hello, please wake the hell up and stop the nonsense.  A little gravity lesson--things do not fall up.    Stop with the lies.  You really sukk at this arguing thing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:15 AM)McC Wrote: Hello, please wake the hell up and stop the nonsense.  A little gravity lesson--things do not fall up.    Stop with the lies.  You really sukk at this arguing thing.

Your butthurt is glaring.lol

Yeah I know, it was "falling to the bengals, browns level" part that did it to you...but if you didn't let yourself be quickly overcome by so much butthurt you should have been able to deduce that I was referring to the decade of Bengal fail prior to their recent return their recent success..
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:31 AM)Vlad Wrote: Your butthurt is glaring.lol

Yeah I know, it was "falling to the bengals, browns level" part that did it to you...but if you didn't let yourself be overcome by so much butthurt you should have been able to deduce that I was referring to the decades of Bengal fail prior to their recent success.

So, if I said the Steelers sukked in the 60's, would that be relevant?  Stop living in the past and stop with your bullshit lies.  Again, you really are lousy at arguing.

Butthurt doesn't apply.  Learn a new phrase, maybe a relevant one.  More accurate would be opposed to things said which are clearly not true.  Forgive me for my insistence for sticking to the truth, a concept apparently foreign to you.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 11:49 AM)McC Wrote: So, if I said the Steelers sukked in the 60's, would that be relevant?  Stop living in the past and stop with your bullshit lies.  Again, you really are lousy at arguing.

Butthurt doesn't apply.  Learn a new phrase, maybe a relevant one.  More accurate would be opposed to things said which are clearly not true.  Forgive me for my insistence for sticking to the truth, a concept apparently foreign to you.  

No it wouldn't be relevant. Try and keep up with what has been said by and not go off on tangents.

To make it easier for you.

Brad said: The Steelers are aging and have next to no cap room to do anything big

Harmening replied to Brad: How many years in a row are you going to say the Steelers are aging and on the decline?  Aren't you embarrassed by now?

I said in response to Harm: That is a darn good point. That rhetoric has been argued by haters since the 90's and some still haven't learned.

Brad said to Harmening: Missed the playoffs 2 of the past 5 years and only made it this season because of a tiebreaker.

You're right, I should be embarrassed!

I  then told Brad to open the link to prove the Steelers were not in a decline but consistent.

You're just butthurt.  The only thing you bolded was falling to bengal, browns levels. Remember?
And now you want to go off into a different tangent with that tired "bringing up the past" rhetoric.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 10:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When the Steelers get a bullshit call on them that ends their season when it had great promise, let me know.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2010/11/12/1810403/league-apologizes-to-steelers-for-two-blown-penalties-on-monday-night

Quote:The situation was first and ten on Pittsburgh's own 36-yard line. Carson Palmer drops back and throws a short pass to Chad Ochocinco, falling harmlessly incomplete. Surprising, I know. In the process, Casey Hampton was thrown into Palmer's lower legs and called for roughing the passer. The foul pushed the Bengals offense, still down 27-13 with ten minutes left in the fourth quarter, to Pittsburgh's 21-yard line.

On the very next play, Terrell Owens ran vertical down the left sidelines with Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor trailing. When the pass fell incomplete -- I know, surprising -- Owens reacted very passionately at the side judge, obviously arguing with controlled patience and maturity that Taylor held him up. No call. Except a few seconds later, the Back Judge, feeling bad for Owens, or actually seeing a foul, threw the flag.

The penalty pushed the Bengals to Pittsburgh's one-yard line. After a no-gain, Cedric Benson burrowed behind Domata Peko for a touchdown that reduced Cincinnati's deficit to six points.
On Friday, the league informed the Steelers that both calls shouldn't have been calledaccording to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Quote:The Steelers have been informed by the National Football League that two penalties that almost cost them in Monday night's victory in Cincinnati should not have been called, the Post-Gazette has learned.

Coach Mike Tomlin sent a complaint to the league office earlier this week, challenging the roughing-the-passer penalty on nose tackle Casey Hampton and a pass interference penalty against cornerback Ike Taylor on back-to-back plays that allowed the Bengals to move to the Steelers 1 in the fourth quarter.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2008/04/02/NFL-Spring-Meetings-Notebook-Radio-helmets-for-defense-gets-OK-too/stories/200804020229

Quote:Playoff flag that wasn't thrown

Mike Pereira, the NFL's head of officiating, admitted yesterday that his crew working the Steelers-Jaguars playoff game erred in not calling a holding penalty against Jacksonville on a crucial play that allowed the Jaguars to kick the winning field goal.
Quarterback David Garrard scrambled on fourth-and-2 from the Steelers 43 and made the first down. Three plays later, Josh Scobee kicked a field goal, giving the Jaguars a 31-29 victory. Several Steelers players complained there was blatant holding on Garrard's run. Nearly three months later, Pereira agreed with them.

Tomlin declined to comment on Pereira's admission.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000306973/article/nfl-admits-error-on-kansas-city-chiefs-fg-attempt

Quote:NFL admits error on Kansas City Chiefs' FG attempt

The NFL has admitted an officiating error in Sunday's Kansas City Chiefs-San Diego Chargers gamethat played a role in determining the league's playoff field.

"With 0:08 remaining in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Diego Chargers, Kansas City faced a fourth-and-12 from the San Diego 23. The Chiefs attempted a 41-yard field that was no good," the league said in a statement.

"On the play, San Diego lined up with seven men on one side of the snapper. This should have been penalized as an illegal formation by the defense.
"Rule 9, Section 1, Article 3(b)(1) of the NFL Rule Book (page 51) states that 'No more than six Team B players may be on the line of scrimmage on either side of the snapper at the snap.' The rule was adopted this year as a player safety measure.

"The penalty for illegal formation by the defense is a loss of five yards. This rule is not subject to instant replay review. Had the penalty been assessed, it would have resulted in a fourth-and-7 from the San Diego 18 with 0:04 remaining, enabling the Chiefs to attempt a 36-yard field goal."

There's no guarantee that Chiefs kicker Ryan Succop would have connected on the 36-yard field-goal attempt. But if the correct call was made and Succop connected on the re-kick, the Chargers would have lost the game and thePittsburgh Steelers would be preparing to play in Cincinnati this weekend. 

Those were the obvious ones.  There are more.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 01:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2010/11/12/1810403/league-apologizes-to-steelers-for-two-blown-penalties-on-monday-night

The Bengals lost that game, so it didn't even cost the Steelers the game, much-less their season.

Horrible, HORRIBLE, pathetic attempt at an example.

(01-29-2016, 01:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2008/04/02/NFL-Spring-Meetings-Notebook-Radio-helmets-for-defense-gets-OK-too/stories/200804020229
Steelers still made the playoffs, so PLEASE TELL ME HOW THAT ENDED THEIR SEASON THAT HAD GREAT PROMISE.
(01-29-2016, 01:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000306973/article/nfl-admits-error-on-kansas-city-chiefs-fg-attempt

THE STEELERS WEREN'T EVEN IN THAT GAME, SO TELL ME HOW IT ENDED THEIR SEASON THAT HAD GREAT PROMISE!!!

YOU'RE HORRIBLE AT DEBATING THINGS!!!

However, I'll debate the last one with you and point out that it was just a technicality that had no effect on the actual play, which would have been the reason to even call the penalty.

You're not very good at this debating/arguing thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2016, 03:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Bengals lost that game, so it didn't even cost the Steelers the game, much-less their season.

Horrible, HORRIBLE, pathetic attempt at an example.

Just an example of the NFL issuing an actual apology for not one, but two blown calls. Both of which benefitted your Bengals.

And yes, the Bengals still lost. Smirk

(01-29-2016, 03:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Steelers still made the playoffs, so PLEASE TELL ME HOW THAT ENDED THEIR SEASON THAT HAD GREAT PROMISE.

By missing the call the other team won and the Steelers were knocked out of the playoffs. That was, literally, the end of their season.

Just like when the Bengals get the playoffs and their season ends after the first game. Mellow

(01-29-2016, 03:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: THE STEELERS WEREN'T EVEN IN THAT GAME, SO TELL ME HOW IT ENDED THEIR SEASON THAT HAD GREAT PROMISE!!!

YOU'RE HORRIBLE AT DEBATING THINGS!!!

No, they were not in that game. Which shows you CAN read. ThumbsUp

However it was (another) example of the NFL apologizing for a missed call which resulted in the Steelers not playing the playoffs at all.

(01-29-2016, 03:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: However, I'll debate the last one with you and point out that it was just a technicality that had no effect on the actual play, which would have been the reason to even call the penalty.

You're not very good at this debating/arguing thing.

If this were an actual debate I'd point out that two of the cases above did end the Steelers season...which you asked me to provide. If this were an actual debate I'd also explain that despite those calls, that the league apologized for and admitted their mistakes, the Steelers and their fans have gotten over them and moved on.

In fact after the Jaguar game the Steelers won the Super Bowl the next season.

So if this were a debate and not you just typing in capital letters and bold type I'd expect that explanation to be clear. Sadly though, I do not think that will be the case. Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
lmfao...what is this thread - bungal fans still trying to pretend they didn't lose because their team is mentally and physically weak?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 04:59 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: lmfao...what is this thread - bungal fans still trying to pretend they didn't lose because their team is mentally and physically weak?

The pain of that loss still lingers. And I think it was beaker who kept insisting that a loss would have hurt Steelers fans more.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2016, 04:59 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: lmfao...what is this thread - bungal fans still trying to pretend they didn't lose because their team is mentally and physically weak?

Mental lapses I'll give you. But they physically beat the shit out of the steelers all game long. The steelers had one physical hit by shazier, and that one was only physical because he led with his helmet. So keep pimping you "tough" team.
Reply/Quote