Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like Poetry
Todays game was like poetry out there.

I could sit here and write out how but anyone who watched it knows.

Sitting at 20-9 heading into the 3rd I just KNEW it was coming. The game had all of the classic traits of a Marvin Lewis meltdown type of game

-Decent first half to give you some sort of hope inside.
-A goal line push with 0 creativity and a wasted challenge
-Going away from passing the ball, and instead running with Burkhead and a gimpy Hill the entire second half... because why the heck not.
-Destroying the momentum on a long kickoff by Erickson by trying to force feed the ball to Burkehead... da hell was up with that
-Penalties penalties penalties, and no control over any of it. It wasn't just Burfcit, in fact, Burfict was more innocent then some of our other players imo.
-No sort of communication with refs over penalties at all from our side
-Kirkpatrick getting abused
-Keeping it close till the very end, just to keep your attention for the inevitable.

Somehow it feels scripted, but supposedly it isn't.

I'll be damned if Marvin Lewis and his Cincinnati Bengals aren't the most consistent letdown I've ever witnessed.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Todays game was like poetry out there.

I could sit here and write out how but anyone who watched it knows.

Sitting at 20-9 heading into the 3rd I just KNEW it was coming. The game had all of the classic traits of a Marvin Lewis meltdown type of game

-Decent first half to give you some sort of hope inside.
-A goal line push with 0 creativity and a wasted challenge
-Going away from passing the ball, and instead running with Burkhead and a gimpy Hill the entire second half... because why the heck not.
-Destroying the momentum on a long kickoff by Erickson by trying to force feed the ball to Burkehead... da hell was up with that
-Penalties penalties penalties, and no control over any of it. It wasn't just Burfcit, in fact, Burfict was more innocent then some of our other players imo.
-No sort of communication with refs over penalties at all from our side
-Kirkpatrick getting abused
-Keeping it close till the very end, just to keep your attention for the inevitable.

Somehow it feels scripted, but supposedly it isn't.

I'll be damned if Marvin Lewis and his Cincinnati Bengals aren't the most consistent letdown I've ever witnessed.

I'm not going to go through and point individual blame at any of the players because I've been watching the Steelers OWN this franchise since it's birth in 1968.

Yes, I turned to my son at halftime and said, well it will be interesting to see what happens to cause the wheels to come off this team once again!

Some folk in here just continue to want and expect history to change, and it happens year after year after year after year!!

I'll say it again ...... nothing will change until MB passes the baton, and even then, it's not a sure thing!!
Reply/Quote