Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Likely Draft and What You Would Like.
Post 2 Mocks. 1 mock that you think will happen, and another mock that you would like to see happen.

My Likely Bengals Draft

Round 1 Pick 9: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford (A) I can live with this pick. I think he will be gone though

Round 2 Pick 9: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma © See Below.

Round 3 Pick 9: Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy (B) I think they may even take a T sooner. At least take a guy that can play multiple positions.

Round 4 Pick 9: JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California (A+) Im So So about this one.

Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame (A-) Ok with this.

Round 5 Pick 9: Corn Elder, CB, Miami (Fla.) (A-) Dont care for this pick

Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Damien Mama, OG, Southern California (C-) He was there, dont think he last this long though.

Round 6 Pick 9: Blair Brown, ILB, Ohio (C-) Nothing exciting about this pick.

Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): T.J. Logan, RB, North Carolina (C-) I like it.

Round 7 Pick 9: Tedric Thompson, SS, Colorado (C+) I like this pick also

Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Deatrich Wise Jr., DE, Arkansas (D-) Meh....

Draft I would Like To See

Round 1 Pick 18 (TENN): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A+) Ok, We trade back, actually twice. I know this pick seems crazy but, how crazy good would it be to have him and Eifert both on the field. At least he's more durable, and would help when Eifert misses his usual couple games.

Round 2 Pick 4 (CHI): Forrest Lamp, OG/OT, Western Kentucky (B) One of if not the best inner Lineman in the draft.

Round 2 Pick 9: Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (B+) The best C, Elflein was on the board also, would be happy with both. Wont be shocked if they pass on a C all together in the draft.

Round 3 Pick 3 (CHI): Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma (B) First I wanna say I hate the person, but he was there, may be the best RB in the draft.

Round 3 Pick 9: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (B) I know he's not the typical tall DE but I think he's a play maker.

Round 4 Pick 9: Rasul Douglas, CB, West Virginia (A) Great ball skills, great size, may like him better as a S, but he's our CB for now.

Round 4 Pick 31 (COMP): Josh Harvey-Clemons, SS/OLB, Louisville © Another "red flag" player. Hope the foolishness is behind him.

Round 5 Pick 9: Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame (A) Great rotational guy. Main complaint is his motor. Scouts said the same about Dunlap. He worked out just fine.

Round 5 Pick 32 (COMP): Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M (A) Vertical threat with good height at 6'3

Round 6 Pick 9: Tedric Thompson, SS, Colorado (C-) Ball hawking S, think he had 7 Int's last year.

Round 6 Pick 33 (COMP): T.J. Logan, RB, North Carolina (C-) This is our return guy. 4.37 40.

Round 7 Pick 9: Steven Taylor, OLB, Houston (D+) Underrated LB. Could be a ST beast till he proves himself as a starter.

Round 7 Pick 33 (COMP): Chase Roullier, C, Wyoming (D+) Bodine!!!!! Great potential. Let Bodine walk, this kid will be Pocic's backup.

I know someone is going to say, thats 13 picks...Crazy. No no its not. just look at the final 2 picks as practice squad signings. Why hope a UDFA comes here? take them with these late picks. Its hard to get certain guys when they look at who is ahead of them on the roster. I think this fills a lot of needs on this team. I do wish I would have got a better DE or LB but we have so many damn holes. Its not a good draft for O Linemen and I think we take one early. I just hope if thats the case we trade back and use the extra pick/picks for them. Look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.
Reply/Quote
Disclaimer on Mixon. I hate the guy for what he did. But if someone is going to draft him (and I think someone will) it might as well be us. I don't want to face this guy in our Div if Pitt Cleveland or Balt....wait no the Ravens won't draft him. I would be just as happy with Fournette, Kamara, Foreman or Nichols.
Reply/Quote
For mine I used cbs sportsline as a guide. I tried to keep picks to their approximate values, so no (perceived big reaches or drops). This is my first stab at a mock that put out there. It was fun, but challenging!

Here's what think might happen:
9. Barnett, de
41. Mixon, rb
73. O line. Roderick Johnson, Antonio Garcia, elflein, pocic. In that order
116. Jake butt, te
138. Kenny golladay, wr
153. Vince biegel, lb
176. John toth, c
193. Jordan Lewis, CB. I think he drops and the charges are bogus or blown out of proportion. If there's anything to them he's off our board
219. Gonzalez, ok. 227. Aviante Collins, ol
251. Chad Kelly, qb

I wanted to go more defense on this mock. This accounts for no further signings in free agency or trades.
Replenishing the o line became a bit more of concern. I'll post what I want soon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 04:38 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: For mine I used cbs sportsline as a guide. I tried to keep picks to their approximate values, so no (perceived big reaches or drops). This is my first stab at a mock that put out there. It was fun, but challenging!

Here's what think might happen:
9. Barnett, de
41. Mixon, rb
73. O line. Roderick Johnson, Antonio Garcia, elflein, pocic. In that order
116. Jake butt, te
138. Kenny golladay, wr
153. Vince biegel, lb
176. John toth, c
193. Jordan Lewis, CB. I think he drops and the charges are bogus or blown out of proportion. If there's anything to them he's off our board
219. Gonzalez, ok. 227. Aviante Collins, ol
251. Chad Kelly, qb

I wanted to go more defense on this mock. This accounts for no further signings in free agency or trades.
Replenishing the o line became a bit more of concern. I'll post what I want soon.

I can see something like that. I didn't think about Butt, but it makes sense if they let Eifert walk next year. Nice job man.
Reply/Quote
Now for my what I would like to see happen.

Ajm is traded for a second rounder this year and a pick next year.
We trade back in the first round, acquiring another second rounder. This is somewhat dependent on a team going for a qb or a surprise drop to 9 like hooker or Adams for example. May require a pick back from us like our 4th round comp. but hey, this is what I'd like to see.

With our first pick we are looking at players like Charlton, Ross, njoku. Maybe even oline. I'm thinking somewhere in the 17-22 range. Maybe Davis drops that far, who knows. I lean towards a pass catcher.

In the second round I get Mixon, a rusher like Willis, watt, or walker and a guard like Feeney, Johnson, Dawkins or moton.

In the third I look to maybe go wr or te, depending on the first pick. Godwin, juju, Everett or shaheen maybe. If they are gone Antonio Garcia or dline like Tomlinson.

4th round. D line or lb, depending on the third. Anzalone, Anthony walker, Tomlinson, godcheaux.
Comp pick if we still have it, center. Toth, fuller?

From the 5th down I'm just filling in. See some of the names above.

I would also look to maybe acquire buffalo's 3rd depending on who was there. They only have 6 picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not going to do the full 7 rounds of players on this because what I think will happen becomes really unpredictable after the first few rounds but I will give positions I think that will be added after the first 3 rounds.

What I think will happen:

1st - Derek Barnett - Thomas don't fall to us but we still add a dynamic pass rusher

2nd - Joe Mixon - Bengals love this kid and with Fournette, Cook, and McCaffery I think he will be there in the 2nd for them to take.

3rd Round - Taylor Moton - Need an Offensive Tackle because I have a hard time believing they truly feel like Ogbuehi will improve dramatically after last seasons disaster. Moton may go earlier but they would love to land him here and he will likely be under consideration in the 2nd if they miss on Mixon.

4-7 Rounds - WR, LB, CB, TE, OG, K, S, QB in some order....

What I want to happen:

1st - Malik Hooker - Guy is just a freak athlete and the next Ed Reed. If San Diego passes on him at 7 then he will be available for the Bengals. Shawn Williams would still see meaningful snaps but more as a LB which I think suits him better anyways.

2nd - Malik McDowell - The all Malik draft...lol...but really I could see McDowell sliding to early 2nd round and he would be great value. He has the size we like and there are some concerns about his motor and will he play hard all the time but extremely talented....That sounds just like Carlos Dunlap when he was coming out in the draft and we drafted him in the 2nd. McDowell weighs about 10 to 15 pounds more than Dunlap but I think he can still play Defensive End for the Bengals and also slide in to Defensive Tackle on 3rd downs. I could see Dunlap and Johnson mentoring this guy to become a really valuable member of our defensive line.

3rd - Joe Mixon - I understand how talented Mixon is and won't complain if we draft him in the 2nd (more likely) but knowing several teams have him off their boards completely would make me see if I could draft him a round later or even use some of our 11 picks to move back into the 2nd and take him if we know a team that has shown interest like Detroit is thinking about taking him in the 2nd.

4-7 rounds - I would like to add a Brad Kaaya so we could trade McCarron for a veteran at another position of need that would improve the team overall. I would also like to snag Zane Gonzalez at some point along with picking up some Linebacker depth and a talented Wide Receiver like Carlos Henderson, Josh Reynolds, or Artavis Scott. A good center prospect to actually push Bodine or take his job would be nice but probably just wishful thinking.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 10:59 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Not going to do the full 7 rounds of players on this because what I think will happen becomes really unpredictable after the first few rounds but I will give positions I think that will be added after the first 3 rounds.

What I think will happen:

1st - Derek Barnett - Thomas don't fall to us but we still add a dynamic pass rusher

2nd - Joe Mixon - Bengals love this kid and with Fournette, Cook, and McCaffery I think he will be there in the 2nd for them to take.

3rd Round - Taylor Moton - Need an Offensive Tackle because I have a hard time believing they truly feel like Ogbuehi will improve dramatically after last seasons disaster. Moton may go earlier but they would love to land him here and he will likely be under consideration in the 2nd if they miss on Mixon.

4-7 Rounds - WR, LB, CB, TE, OG, K, S, QB  in some order....

What I want to happen:

1st - Malik Hooker - Guy is just a freak athlete and the next Ed Reed. If San Diego passes on him at 7 then he will be available for the Bengals. Shawn Williams would still see meaningful snaps but more as a LB which I think suits him better anyways.

2nd - Malik McDowell - The all Malik draft...lol...but really I could see McDowell sliding to early 2nd round and he would be great value. He has the size we like and there are some concerns about his motor and will he play hard all the time but extremely talented....That sounds just like Carlos Dunlap when he was coming out in the draft and we drafted him in the 2nd. McDowell weighs about 10 to 15 pounds more than Dunlap but I think he can still play Defensive End for the Bengals and also slide in to Defensive Tackle on 3rd downs. I could see Dunlap and Johnson mentoring this guy to become a really valuable member of our defensive line.

3rd - Joe Mixon - I understand how talented Mixon is and won't complain if we draft him in the 2nd (more likely) but knowing several teams have him off their boards completely would make me see if I could draft him a round later or even use some of our 11 picks to move back into the 2nd and take him if we know a team that has shown interest like Detroit is thinking about taking him in the 2nd.

4-7 rounds - I would like to add a Brad Kaaya so we could trade McCarron for a veteran at another position of need that would improve the team overall. I would also like to snag Zane Gonzalez at some point along with picking up some Linebacker depth and a talented Wide Receiver like Carlos Henderson, Josh Reynolds, or Artavis Scott. A good center prospect to actually push Bodine or take his job would be nice but probab'sly just wishful thinking.

I hear everyone about Joe Mixon and his punching his girlfriend.Listen to this,I for one do not approve on anyone putting a smackdown on females,but hear this,He did this 2 years ago,going on 3.He has been okay since then,and word has it this girl just went off on him and was up in his face big time daring him to respond.Now here is a dominate player being only 19-20 years old and he just snapped. I will tell you,when I was his age I cannot say I would do it any different. The guy has stayed clean since then which says a lot about him.I would take him in a minute and I hope they do.Jeremy Hill has shown he is not who we thought he was and if he turns it around,then we have two super dudes.I am a die-hard fan and I will let the league deal with all that .I want the best player in his position and he is just that.He would take a ton of pressure off Andy and wear D's out I say sign the guy. I want my team to WIN AND he will help us do that.Look around the NFL and see all the guys on winning teams that are thugs. Thugs help teams win,its just the facts,and I am tired of losing.FEEL ME,BENGAL FANS?
Reply/Quote