Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lilyhammer
Just finished watching this. It ended a few years ago. I guess Netflix and the Norwegian production had some dispute about distribution as in only we (Netflix) get to show it. I enjoyed it. Steven pulls off the gangster guy as well as he did in The Sopranos.

The premise is a good one. A mob guy turned informant chooses Lilyhammer as the place to be relocated. The Norwegian characters are quite entertaining, especially Teurig his right hand man. The Norwegian is all subtitled, but they speak English a lot of the time. Apparently every Norwegian is completely fluent in English. Frank aka Johnny is apparently very good at languages as well. While he never speaks Norwegian, within a short time he understands everything they say.

Oh and in the final episode you get a short cameo by Bruce.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I watched a couple episodes. I liked it, but got caught up in something else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One of the first shows I binge-watched when I got Netflix a couple of years ago. Quirky and well-done. You'll love it especially if you're a Van Zandt fan.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2018, 09:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just finished watching this. It ended a few years ago. I guess Netflix and the Norwegian production had some dispute about distribution as in only we (Netflix) get to show it. I enjoyed it. Steven pulls off the gangster guy as well as he did in The Sopranos.

The premise is a good one. A mob guy turned informant chooses Lilyhammer as the place to be relocated. The Norwegian characters are quite entertaining, especially Teurig his right hand man. The Norwegian is all subtitled, but they speak English a lot of the time. Apparently every Norwegian is completely fluent in English. Frank aka Johnny is apparently very good at languages as well. While he never speaks Norwegian, within a short time he understands everything they say.

Oh and in the final episode you get a short cameo by Bruce.

I saw Bruce in Cincinnati back in 2014... Steven was busy filming episodes if this, and wasn't there that night. His fill in was Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine. I was a little disappointed to not see him live as he is sorta synonymous with the E St. Band, but it was still a great show.

I watched the first episode if Lillyhammer. I didn't get hooked. Maybe I should revisit it...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 12:09 PM)jason Wrote: I saw Bruce in Cincinnati back in 2014... Steven was busy filming episodes if this, and wasn't there that night. His fill in was Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine. I was a little disappointed to not see him live as he is sorta synonymous with the E St. Band, but it was still a great show.

I watched the first episode if Lillyhammer. I didn't get hooked. Maybe I should revisit it...

It is slow to develop the many characters of the cast, and takes a few episodes for them to gel into a European version of Northern Exposure. Good but not as good as Northern Exposure was.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote