Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linderbaum
Many mock drafts have Linderbaum falling to us at 31. I’d like to grab him if this happens. It would give us much more flexibility at C and LG with Karras Carman and Linderbaum. Would he help or do we go defense or TE?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
I certainly hope they don't take a tight end at 31. None of them are worthy.

I have a feeling Linderbaum will indeed drop to them, and then they'll pass. They'll probably stick with Carman at LG and Karras at C. I could be wrong, who knows.
Reply/Quote
My list of desires at 31 are:
1. Tyler Linderbaum
2a. Andrew Booth Jr
2b. Kaiir Elam
3. Zion Johnson
4. Kenyon Green
5. George Karlaftis

--Trade down exploration --

6. Logan Hall
7. Kyler Gordon
8. Arnold Ebektie
9. Travis Jones
10. Lewis Cine/Daxton Hill/Jaquan Brisker (whoever the coaches prefer)

6, 7, 8 and 9 are really close for me and ones that I switch day to day. For now I've settled on Hall being at the top of the board because there just are not a lot of 3Ts in this draft, so if you don't take one now, you may not get the chance later. CB is closer in terms of the depth, but there are some later round guys who you could convince yourself you can develop like Alontae Taylor.  ANd then DE is last because I think it's the lesser need of the 3, but also the depth at DE in this class is much better than at 3T or CB. I have Jones at the bottom because a NT is not really a need, but Jones could maybe play 3T? I am not sure, which is why the other 3 are ahead of him.

This is, of course, assuming the top players at the different positions are taken by now (Hutch, Thibs, Walker, Johnson at DE, Stingley, McDuffie, Gardner at CB, Wyatt and Davis at DT, Hamilton at S, Cross, Raimann, Penning, Ekwonu and Neal at OT.)

That's 28 players between the ones I assume are gone and the ones I would be willing to take at 31. That means as long as 3 WRs, QBs or LB are taken in the top 30, one of those players will be available. And I think it's fairly clear that at least 2 to 3 of them will be there.
Reply/Quote
If Karlaftus falls to 31 as well as Linderbaum conversations about value for the spot picked as center isn’t rated as high as edge. Karlaftis would be higher value than Linderbaum
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 02:14 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If Karlaftus falls to 31 as well as Linderbaum conversations about value for the spot picked as center isn’t rated as high as edge. Karlaftis would be higher value than Linderbaum

I watched Zion on GMFB and his intelligence blew me away. I’m talking intelligence not his polish. His film he just mauls people. He won’t be pushed back in the pocket. Him and Karras will get us short yardage at will.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 06:11 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I certainly hope they don't take a tight end at 31. None of them are worthy.

I have a feeling Linderbaum will indeed drop to them, and then they'll pass. They'll probably stick with Carman at LG and Karras at C. I could be wrong, who knows.

You're definitely right. I don't see them drafting OL in the 1st round after all the upgrades they did in FA. They drafted 3 OL last year and they wanna see what they have first as would I.
Reply/Quote
I thought I responded to this earlier but it doesn't appear to be here now for some reason or I just might be a little crazy. Mellow

Anyways, if Linderbaum falls to us and we pass on him it will say a lot.
Reply/Quote
https://www.fieldgulls.com/platform/amp/2022/3/18/22978195/sams-film-room-tyler-linderbaum-iowa-nfl-draft-2022-video-highlights-scouting-report-profile
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 03:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I watched Zion on GMFB and his intelligence blew me away. I’m talking intelligence not his polish. His film he just mauls people. He won’t be pushed back in the pocket. Him and Karras will get us short yardage at will.

I was also impressed with Zion. I would love us to select him, but I won't be surprised to see him go much higher.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 10:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I thought I responded to this earlier but it doesn't appear to be here now for some reason or I just might be a little crazy. Mellow

Anyways, if Linderbaum falls to us and we pass on him it will say a lot.

"Fool me once, shame on you....."

A lot of "experts" still say we should've taken Sewell over Chase. Even after Chase having the season that he did. My point is, the Bengals have proven once to think sexy over smart (to clear the air here, I was team Chase and I stand by that today. I'm just playing devil's advocate for arguments sake). Meaning, what's more important right now? Solidifying your OL and protecting Joey Franchise? OR, go after CB/DE which proved to be pretty good last year with most of that core returning? The biggest loss was Ogunjobi. Which is a loss. 

I think it's a toss up, but if Zion or Linderbaum are there, I feel like you have to take one of them. If Booth is there too, I wouldn't be upset if he was the pick. As long as we don't reach for a Travis Jones or Logan Hall, I won't be pissed. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 06:11 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I certainly hope they don't take a tight end at 31. None of them are worthy.

His scouting report weaknesses basically sounds like Billy Price way too much for me.  I don't think Price had the wrestling background though.  I can't call it but id still be nervous about a first round center.....we did get BJ hill outta that pick at least but i still got ptsd from our first round o-lineman recently.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 11:01 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: His scouting report weaknesses basically sounds like Billy Price way too much for me.  I don't think Price had the wrestling background though.  I can't call it but id still be nervous about a first round center.....we did get BJ hill outta that pick at least but i still got ptsd from our first round o-lineman recently.

We shouldn’t let Price scare us away from drafting another 1st round center. That would be like letting the Ross pick stop us from taking Chase. Linderbaum’s tape is way better than Price’s was (and he actually tested), plus he’s coming from a school known to produce top OL players in the NFL - unlike OSU.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 11:01 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: His scouting report weaknesses basically sounds like Billy Price way too much for me.  I don't think Price had the wrestling background though.  I can't call it but id still be nervous about a first round center.....we did get BJ hill outta that pick at least but i still got ptsd from our first round o-lineman recently.

Nothing about Linderbaums tape looks anything like billy price. Billy’s highlights show him struggle to block players while Linderbaum shows superior technique and an elite athlete.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 12:02 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Nothing about Linderbaums tape looks anything like billy price. Billy’s highlights show him struggle to block players while Linderbaum shows superior technique and an elite athlete.

I also think that Billy used to dip his head and had too much upper body lean that threw them up balance. Linderbaum seems to have amazing balance. Maybe because of his wrestling background. I'm just a tad worry of a size and his length, but I think he's going to be a good one
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 01:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I also think that Billy used to dip his head and had too much upper body lean that threw them up balance. Linderbaum seems to have amazing balance. Maybe because of his wrestling background. I'm just a tad worry of a size and his length, but I think he's going to be a good one

Heck.... why not!?!  Burrow got small hands, Bates got short arms, Jonah got short arms, I got a small _ _ _ _ _ _.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We shouldn’t let Price scare us away from drafting another 1st round center. That would be like letting the Ross pick stop us from taking Chase. Linderbaum’s tape is way better than Price’s was (and he actually tested), plus he’s coming from a school known to produce top OL players in the NFL - unlike OSU.

Agree with this 100%. Linderbaum is legit and would be a steal if he drops to us at 31. It would be a the rich get richer scenario. He is strong, plays with great technique and never gives up on a play. The draft process sometimes makes me laugh. Every year a consensus top prospect at their position gets over analyzed and starts to drop for no reason.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 08:38 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: "Fool me once, shame on you....."

A lot of "experts" still say we should've taken Sewell over Chase. Even after Chase having the season that he did. My point is, the Bengals have proven once to think sexy over smart (to clear the air here, I was team Chase and I stand by that today. I'm just playing devil's advocate for arguments sake). Meaning, what's more important right now? Solidifying your OL and protecting Joey Franchise? OR, go after CB/DE which proved to be pretty good last year with most of that core returning? The biggest loss was Ogunjobi. Which is a loss. 

I think it's a toss up, but if Zion or Linderbaum are there, I feel like you have to take one of them. If Booth is there too, I wouldn't be upset if he was the pick. As long as we don't reach for a Travis Jones or Logan Hall, I won't be pissed. 

Well I was team Pitts but was for any of the 3 or even trading back at the time. I think without a doubt we made the right choice
in taking Chase. The thing about OL is you can never tell especially if they have short arms like Linderbaum has as this was the 
case with Price and he has been a bust. Zion I think is the more sure player of the 2 but if we take Linderbaum it will tell me that
Pollack has faith in him making up for his short arms with his quick hands, technique and strength.

If we pass on him it will tell me Pollack thinks he might struggle early adapting to the big DT's of the NFL. This or the coaches 
think Karras is the main answer at Center for us and that Carman is without a doubt our starting LG this season.

Lots of ways we can go and we will just have to see how it filters out. In the end it doesn't matter in what order you take your
positions just as long as they pan out well. Could go Booth, Travis Jones, Cam Jurgens early or Linderbaum, Kyler Gordon, Travis
Jones. Lots of ways to go with lots of good players that will fall for some reason or another.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We shouldn’t let Price scare us away from drafting another 1st round center. That would be like letting the Ross pick stop us from taking Chase. Linderbaum’s tape is way better than Price’s was (and he actually tested), plus he’s coming from a school known to produce top OL players in the NFL - unlike OSU.

I think it would be silly to write off a 1sr round C because of Price.  That said, it's very concerning that Linderbaum has worse physical limitations than Price.  Price was short armed, but a decent size overall.  Linderbaum has some of the shortest arms for a C ever and is sub-300 pounds.  His technique is much better than Price's, but that also means he is pretty much topped out and has little upside.  He also lacks scheme versatility and played in an offense nothing like he would hypothetically be thrust into here.

So, risk assessment time.  He's a guy with significant bust potential due to his size, arm length, and scheme versatility issues and doesn't have much room to get better.  He's also not filling a need or a gaping hole in the lineup.  The risk doesn't seem worth the reward.
Reply/Quote
With all of the free agent additions to the OL, I really, really don't see the Bengals going OL in the 1st round this season. They spent that money solidifying veterans for a reason, they have other concerns for the draft.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With all of the free agent additions to the OL, I really, really don't see the Bengals going OL in the 1st round this season.  They spent that money solidifying veterans for a reason, they have other concerns for the draft.

^ this. 3T rotation, CB, S (due to both Bates and Bell being on 1 year deals) plus the whole OL except for Williams being on 3 year deals with Carman (whether you believe in him or not) to take that last remaining spot, OL seems like a 5th priority at this point, maybe lower.
Reply/Quote