Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linderbaum
(04-20-2022, 10:47 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Lecharles Bentley was another good center....hell osu centers alone made Billy price look the part, at least as a guard rt?  Nope.  We just had bad luck with that one.

Wasn't Lecharles Bentley the big FA that the Browns signed that blew out his knee on the very first snap of OTA practices?  There was like a SNAP!  NOOOOOOOO!!!

I don't hate the Browns like I do the steelers, and I actually felt bad for them when that happened.  Felt very Ki-Jana-esque.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 02:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Notre Dame might the only school I’d give the edge to. They have quantity, and several high end guys (Nelson, Zach Martin, etc).

You could put together the best oline in the NFL using nothing but Notre Dame players:

LT Ronnie Staley
LG Quinton Nelson
C- Nick Martin
RG Zach Martin
RT Mike McGlinchey
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 12:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Notre Dame might disagree. 

Cannot believe I didn't mention Notre Dame duh...Bang Head

The Irish have been putting out the best OL lately...
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 11:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You could put together the best oline in the NFL using nothing but Notre Dame players:

LT Ronnie Staley
LG Quinton Nelson
C- Nick Martin
RG Zach Martin
RT Mike McGlinchey

You could put together a good one just out of LSU guys, too...

Andrew Whitworth
Damien Lewis
Lloyd Cushenberry
Trai Turner
La'el Collins
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 05:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: You could put together a good one just out of LSU guys, too...

Andrew Whitworth
Damien Lewis
Lloyd Cushenberry
Trai Turner
La'el Collins

Hmmm. Hmm

One of those guys is retired though...
Reply/Quote
I only watched the second half but I wasnt all that impressed with Linderbaum in the Citrus Bowl. I thought he got pushed around a bit.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 09:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hmmm. Hmm

One of those guys is retired though...

Tom Brady has taught me no one is truly retired until the season starts, lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 12:23 AM)Whatever Wrote: Tom Brady has taught me no one is truly retired until the season starts, lol.

Haha, still I highly doubt Whit comes back unless it is with us as a backup or more likely a coach down the road.

He wants to hang with his family.
Reply/Quote
“The short arms, that’s what they found. They found something bad about me. Good for them."

Quote from Linderbaum

I’m ready to see him in stripes next year.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 02:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Go back and reread my original post that sent you into this scarlet and gray tizzy. All I said was that Iowa is known for producing top OL players at the NFL level, unlike OSU. Never said OSU doesn’t have guys. Just that Iowa has some of the best. And I figured it was understood that I was taking about in recent years. I didn’t think people would be dragging up guys from the 90’s…

And every decade since.  Be real.  The tackles have been fairly mediocre overall but they been on rosters and starters as well.  A bucket full of outstanding centers and guards.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 07:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Ohio State did not produce a single quality starting OL with Greg Studwara as OL coach and it finally cost him his job.  There are a couple of good starters from OSU in the league in Corey Linsley and Taylor Decker, but both entered the NFL before Studwara took over.  The next best OL from OSU you'll find is Andrew Norwell, who also predates Studwara.  

Josh Myers?  Not that I care about coach stud.  And I been speaking to a general perception that admittedly is there but I find unrealistic.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2022, 01:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Differentiating between top players at their positions and mere roster filler is not semantics. Bro.

What I said was accurate. Literally no one thinks about OSU when it comes to producing top OL talent in the modern NFL. Period.

And they're obviously hating ass haters if they submit that perception holds up to reality.

Their tackles haven't been extraordinary lately but they been around and the interior they've produced has been outstanding especially at center.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 03:00 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Josh Myers?  Not that I care about coach stud.  And I been speaking to a general perception that admittedly is there but I find unrealistic.

Myers played less than 300 snaps and had a PFF grade of 58.  
Reply/Quote
If they are thinking IOLthey are thinking Jurgens I hope. He is a knucklehead so he needs a bit of discipline.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 04:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If they are thinking IOLthey are thinking Jurgens I hope. He is a knucklehead so he needs a bit of discipline.
We never showed any specific interest in Linderbaum. Jurgens on the other hand we have been linked to and met with him.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 01:56 AM)pulses Wrote: In 2 or 3 years maybe before that  Hurts and Baker will both be backups so it won't matter.

Tiger
What do you have them doing tonight?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 04:37 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: We never showed any specific interest in Linderbaum. Jurgens on the other hand we have been linked to and met with him.

Jurgens fits more of what we seem to be evolving to on the OL anyways, bigger, meaner and more powerful.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 04:40 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
What do you have them doing tonight?

It depends on who is there to be honest. But i think they are gonna look for CB and a pass rusher ( if no 3T available if their is a good pass rushing edge like Paschal or Sam Williams they may go that route). They may shock us all and take McBride if he is there because I know they are high on him but so was the Bucs ( and that's who I think will take him before us).

63. Dylan Parham G/C

95. Alontae Taylor CB

63. Trey McBride TE

95. Damarri Mathis

63. Perrion Winfrey 3T

95. Luke Fortner G/C
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 07:01 PM)pulses Wrote: It depends on who is there to be honest. But i think they are gonna look for CB and a pass rusher ( if no 3T available if their is a good pass rushing edge like Paschal or Sam Williams they may go that route). They may shock us all and take McBride if he is there because I know they are high on him but so was the Bucs ( and that's who I think will take him before us).

63. Dylan Parham G/C

95. Alontae Taylor CB

63. Trey McBride TE

95. Damarri Mathis

63. Perrion Winfrey 3T

95. Luke Fortner G/C

You think McCollum will fall to the 3rd just cause of the small school? I ask cause I sure hope so.

Would love Winfrey/McCollum. As you know love Logan Hall but I don't think he will make it to 63, same with McBride the TE
as you say looks like the perfect spot to land in Tampa with Brady. Cam Jurgens is another G/C I would love to land. Also really
like Cam Taylor Britt but I think he gets taken in the mid 2nd today ahead of us.

Would have to trade up for either Hall or CTB I think. Love all these options honestly, none I dislike.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 07:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think McCollum will fall to the 3rd just cause of the small school? I ask cause I sure hope so.

Would love Winfrey/McCollum. As you know love Logan Hall but I don't think he will make it to 63, same with McBride the TE
as you say looks like the perfect spot to land in Tampa with Brady. Cam Jurgens is another G/C I would love to land. Also really
like Cam Taylor Britt but I think he gets taken in the mid 2nd today ahead of us.

Would have to trade up for either Hall or CTB I think. Love all these options honestly, none I dislike.
Zyon should be there in the 3rd. I saw him slide the last week or so. A lot had him going in the 4th. CTB might make it to us possibly.
Reply/Quote