Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line it up
Tiger

We just need maulers only!
The guys who live to block in the run game.
We need guys with controlled aggression!
The trenches should be the #1 priority this offseason.
& Cut Eli Apple!!!! Getting to it.

1) Nakobe Dean LB Georgia
https://youtu.be/R0aGrdtzP5k
A guy that plays with his head on fire!
Can you name the last game changing play by Germaine Pratt.

2) Darian Kinnard G/T Kentucky
https://youtu.be/EK-nQ39VfyE
This guy is a massive presence on the right side.
I just worry about how he handles NFL speed outside.
The worst case is a pro bowl ceiling guard which is gold.

3) Derion Kendrick CB Clenson-Georgia
https://youtu.be/U-h1hSQ3AMA
A former Clemson standout that went into the portal to Georgia. I wasn't as high on him as most after the game against OSU. I like the improvement in his game with Georgia. There will be questions about his off the field.

4) Cameron Thomas DL San Diego State
https://youtu.be/iLDy_veRkPM
This is a guy who I've been watching the last few months.I like his game in both against the run and as a rusher.I believe he could develop as a force inside or out.A second round grade wouldn't surprise me at all.

5) Alec Lindstrom C Boston College
https://youtu.be/wQnRlhYdSW4
The experience in a heavy run system is underrated.
He'll need to add strength but I like the tools to be a long-term answer for a team.

6)Jerome Ford RB Cincinnati
https://youtu.be/7gYbNItwDbo
A nice workhorse runner who could be a solid #2 or even a lead three down player. I like him as a middle day three prospect that could be a riser as high as a 3rd rounder.

7)JoJo Domann LB Nebraska
https://youtu.be/8x6Reyl4sS0
A great athlete with the traits to become a solid starter
I believe he'll likely either end up as either a SAM or WILL.

7) Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
https://youtu.be/89YiWToAr5I
He'll need to clean up the drops and become more consistent in his route tree but the potential is there. I like him as a day 3 sleeper that could develop into a starter down the line.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 02:34 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

& Cut Eli Apple!!!!

So you want the offense to change its identity to a rushing offense after:
1) Paying Boyd $10.75 mill APY
2) Drafting a QB at 1st overall and WR at 33rd overall in 2020
3) Drafting a WR at 5th overall in 2021

Turning this offense into a run-oriented offense would lower the value in those investments.
Also, changing the offense like that won't likely happen, at least while Taylor is still the HC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So you want the offense to change its identity to a rushing offense after:

Turning this offense into a run-oriented offense would lower the value in those investments.
Also, changing the offense like that won't likely happen, at least while Taylor is still the HC.

Yes .. I'd like to see Taylor complete his 10 year plan before embarking on a new one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So you want the offense to change its identity to a rushing offense after:

Bruce Matthews is arguably the best Olineman to play in the NFL. One thing he said always stuck with me:

Olines make Running Backs, QBs make olines
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

There's a lot to be said for being able to line up and hand the ball off on 3rd or 4th and 2 with confidence.  I'm not saying that the Bengals should move toward a ground dominate offensive attack, but being able to run when you want to takes a lot of pressure off having to rely on the pass to get short yardage.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2021, 03:23 PM)jason Wrote: Yes .. I'd like to see Taylor complete his 10 year plan before embarking on a new one.

10 year plan? 
Reply/Quote

1) Nakobe Dean LB Georgia
https://youtu.be/IQ1eWMsKRoA
A guy that plays with his head on fire!
Day one starter.

2)
any relation to the late charger great Fred Dean? if so, im on board!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 09:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There's a lot to be said for being able to line up and hand the ball off on 3rd or 4th and 2 with confidence.  I'm not saying that the Bengals should move toward a ground dominate offensive attack, but being able to run when you want to takes a lot of pressure off having to rely on the pass to get short yardage.

The 1st half run game specifically needs to improve.  In most games, it seems like we can run it effectively in the 2nd half, but in the first half it seems we are ice skating uphill.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 01:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: The 1st half run game specifically needs to improve.  In most games, it seems like we can run it effectively in the 2nd half, but in the first half it seems we are ice skating uphill.

I think that is because of a lack of push from the Center, and the past couple games, Right Guard.  The rushing attack seems to work better in the second half, likely due to various factors;  Such as the passing game was rolling in the first half and the defense is expecting more of the same, fatigue by the opposing DL due to number of reps adding up, the coaches noticing a defensive tendency and looking to exploit it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd rather sign a vet o-lineman and draft 3 CBs.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 07:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd rather sign a vet o-lineman and draft 3 CBs.

Problem with that is the FA center market is pretty slim pickings. Basically the few good options are older players like Kelce and Ben Jones. Otherwise we’re gambling on Hopkins returning to form (again).

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 11:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Problem with that is the FA center market is pretty slim pickings. Basically the few good options are older players like Kelce and Ben Jones. Otherwise we’re gambling on Hopkins returning to form (again).

I don't think Hopkins will be an issue next year.   The secondary is going to need some major work in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 01:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't think Hopkins will be an issue next year.   The secondary is going to need some major work in the offseason.

Whether the draft or free agency, I'd say the priority is definitely OL and the secondary. Depending on where the Bengals pick or who they can sign I suppose dictates who ends up playing for Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 09:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: There's a lot to be said for being able to line up and hand the ball off on 3rd or 4th and 2 with confidence.  I'm not saying that the Bengals should move toward a ground dominate offensive attack, but being able to run when you want to takes a lot of pressure off having to rely on the pass to get short yardage.

I agree, nothing wrong with being able to do both successfully. 

Heck this opens up the passing game by Defenses having to fear the running game.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 06:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, nothing wrong with being able to do both successfully. 

Heck this opens up the passing game by Defenses having to fear the running game.

Tiger

My guy
Reply/Quote

[Image: E1XnP3hVoAIac5E.jpg:large]

6 foot 5 inches 345 pounds of nasty

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: E1XnP3hVoAIac5E.jpg:large]

6 foot 5 inches 345 pounds of nasty

Where does the UK guy project? I don't see him in first round mocks online. My draft knowledge admittedly only comes from what I read online since I don't watch a ton of college football. The Iowa C, Linderbaum sounds great but I'm hoping our record is too good for being in a spot to draft him. I see some mocks have the Bengals taking a Mississippi St. OL named Cross. He's described as more athletic than size. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think if I were an NFL GM, I'd want the big tough guys if I had to prioritize size or athleticism. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 10:10 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Where does the UK guy project? I don't see him in first round mocks online. My draft knowledge admittedly only comes from what I read online since I don't watch a ton of college football. The Iowa C, Linderbaum sounds great but I'm hoping our record is too good for being in a spot to draft him. I see some mocks have the Bengals taking a Mississippi St. OL named Cross. He's described as more athletic than size. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think if I were an NFL GM, I'd want the big tough guys if I had to prioritize size or athleticism. 

Right now.... 2nd round.  I have him third behind Kenyon Green and Ikem Ekwonu at G.  Some have Ekwonu as a T, which is where he is playing right now.  But, to me, Ekwonu is the number 1 G in the class.  
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 10:10 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Where does the UK guy project? I don't see him in first round mocks online. My draft knowledge admittedly only comes from what I read online since I don't watch a ton of college football. The Iowa C, Linderbaum sounds great but I'm hoping our record is too good for being in a spot to draft him. I see some mocks have the Bengals taking a Mississippi St. OL named Cross. He's described as more athletic than size. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think if I were an NFL GM, I'd want the big tough guys if I had to prioritize size or athleticism. 
Late 1st early 2nd.

(11-15-2021, 10:32 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Right now.... 2nd round.  I have him third behind Kenyon Green and Ikem Ekwonu at G.  Some have Ekwonu as a T, which is where he is playing right now.  But, to me, Ekwonu is the number 1 G in the class.  

I don't see Kinnard as OG and I think once combine time rolls around others will see him as OT as well. I seen reports of arm length close to 36" and dude is a mover

Reply/Quote
[Image: JLU-9L6I_400x400.jpg]

Reply/Quote