Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Office Depot refuses to photocopy anti-abortion prayer, woman claims
(09-14-2015, 10:59 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Good work.

Who is being petty?
How did this turn into an argument? It seems everyone agreed the employee saw something that really wasn't there, and the company fixed it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-14-2015, 11:07 AM)michaelsean Wrote: How did this turn into an argument?  It seems everyone agreed the employee saw something that really wasn't there, and the company fixed it.

Because Larry found one small point he could focus on and then complain that everyone is talking about him instead of the OP.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-14-2015, 11:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because Larry found one small point he could focus on and then complain that everyone is talking about him instead of the OP.

"Marsha,Marsha, Marsha!"

"This isn't about you, Jan."

"And it never IS!"
(09-14-2015, 10:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How many places in the county can you get an Amish belt?

Depends entirely on the county you are in.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-14-2015, 11:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: "Marsha,Marsha, Marsha!"

"This isn't about you, Jan."

"And it never IS!"

Best Superbowl commercial ever.

"An eye for an eye...that's what dad always says."
"I never said that."

"SHUT UP!"

Gets me every time!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-14-2015, 11:25 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Depends entirely on the county you are in.

This.
I live next to Holmes County, so Amish are abundant.
There are two places I know about in my town that sell amish belts. Only once place in my whole county I can get a license.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-14-2015, 11:53 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: This.
I live next to Holmes County, so Amish are abundant.

(09-14-2015, 11:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There are two places I know about in my town that sell amish belts. Only once place in my whole county I can get a license.

Why exactly are we comparing the availability of Amish belts to the availability of required government documents?

(09-14-2015, 12:15 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Why exactly are we comparing the availability of Amish belts to the availability of required government documents?

I'm sure it's like comparing Phillip Morris to Planned Parenthood, or comparing their employees on an individual basis anyway.
(09-14-2015, 12:15 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Why exactly are we comparing the availability of Amish belts to the availability of required government documents?

have you never been in a gay marriage thread before?

It started with Breech and continued with me wanting to seem semi-relevant, as I lay in bed with my heart condition acting up.
:snark:
(09-14-2015, 12:27 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: It started with Breech and continued with me wanting to seem semi-relevant,  as I lay in bed with my heart condition acting up.
:snark:

Is that what the kids are calling masturbation addiction these days?   Ninja

Posts 25, 27, 48
how is this news?
(09-13-2015, 10:15 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Something like that, except Davis refused because of her religious beliefs. A view or opinion can be scrutinized. A religious belief is final.

Yes, I understand that statement opens up a whole new can of worms, but that's it in a nutshell... remember that views and opinions are not protected. Religion is.

You do understand that the constitution is in place to protect us from Kim Davis, the government official.  It is not in place to protect Kim Davis, the government official, from private citizens. 

Her religious views are not protected when she is an acting official for the government as there are no protections provided the government, of which she is.  She is protected when acting as a private citizen.

This is simple. She should go to Staples and tell her friends and family about this policy.
(09-14-2015, 01:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is simple.    She should go to Staples and tell her friends and family about this policy.

Staples has the same policy...Hopefully not such an overzealous employee. 

(09-14-2015, 01:33 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You do understand that the constitution is in place to protect us from Kim Davis, the government official.  It is not in place to protect Kim Davis, the government official, from private citizens. 

Her religious views are not protected when she is an acting official for the government as there are no protections provided the government, of which she is.  She is protected when acting as a private citizen.

Basically anyone supporting Kim Davis is saying they're ok with the any elected government official violating a citizen's rights if the government official claims they're doing it because of that official's religion.

(09-14-2015, 01:18 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Is that what the kids are calling masturbation addiction these days?   Ninja

I wish I had the energy to do that.
LOL