Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lion Hunter Costume
(08-29-2015, 05:33 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The only legitimate transexual costume is the silence of the lambs guy.  

And all costumes for celebs are having a laugh.

Wrong.

[Image: RHPSTrailerFrame_025L.jpg]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-31-2015, 01:00 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Wrong.

I have to agree.
This is the ultimate transexual halloween costume.
So sad that he had a stroke.

Well played my friend.

If we want to get technical, the good doctor is not transgender. He's a crossdresser and a transvestite. He happens to come from a planet called Transsexual, though.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-31-2015, 04:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If we want to get technical, the good doctor is not transgender. He's a crossdresser and a transvestite. He happens to come from a planet called Transsexual, though.

Legit question, if you don't get the twig and berries snipped....are you just a transvestite/crossdresser etc? 

To be transgender, wouldn't you have to actually become the other gender? 
(08-31-2015, 04:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If we want to get technical, the good doctor is not transgender. He's a crossdresser and a transvestite. He happens to come from a planet called Transsexual, though.

I know...I just role with Lucy's issues with differences between sets of people...It allows me to have more fun.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

The funny thing is that I literally copy/pasted the words "transexual costume" from Lucie's post, added "halloween", and ignored spell-check alerting me to using "transexual" and failing to capitalize "halloween".

In this instance, he was in fact a bad influence.
LOL
(08-31-2015, 04:53 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Legit question, if you don't get the twig and berries snipped....are you just a transvestite/crossdresser etc? 

To be transgender, wouldn't you have to actually become the other gender? 

Cross dresser- like dressing up as the other gender but consider yourself the same gender as your sex.
Transvestite- less commonly used, but this is basically a cross dresser who gets sexual gratification from cross dressing.

Transgender- someone who lives/identifies with a gender that is not the same as their sex. 
transexual- someone who has had sexual reassignment surgery. 

So for the first two, you are not identify with a gender different from what you were born with physically. You just like dressing up. For the last time, you identify as the other gender. Transgender, or more commonly "trans", is more of an umbrella term than transexual. 

(08-31-2015, 06:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Cross dresser- like dressing up as the other gender but consider yourself the same gender as your sex.
Transvestite- less commonly used, but this is basically a cross dresser who gets sexual gratification from cross dressing.

Transgender- someone who lives/identifies with a gender that is not the same as their sex. 
transexual- someone who has had sexual reassignment surgery. 

So for the first two, you are not identify with a gender different from what you were born with physically. You just like dressing up. For the last time, you identify as the other gender. Transgender, or more commonly "trans", is more of an umbrella term than transexual. 

So it's more of a nuanced thing with the first three
(08-31-2015, 06:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: So it's more of a nuanced thing with the first three

More so with the first two, especially if you throw in "drag queen". Transgender distinguishes itself with the huge difference of actually considering yourself the other gender, usually completely publicly while the other two can be and often are more private.

LGBT culture is very diverse and complex, more so than many may initially assume.

(08-31-2015, 10:54 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You were bringing up that buffalo bill wasn't authentic enough to be a transexual halloween costume.  

I guess you would need the self righteousness and victim mentality to go along with it to be truly authentic.

No, I was pointing out that his not actually being a transsexual was a major plot point in that movie.  I think that film may have been a bit over your head.   Sad
(08-31-2015, 07:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: More so with the first two, especially if you throw in "drag queen". Transgender distinguishes itself with the huge difference of actually considering yourself the other gender, usually completely publicly while the other two can be and often are more private.

LGBT culture is very diverse and complex, more so than many may initially assume.

So are most cultures....which is why I find the only good culture is in a petri dish. 
(08-31-2015, 07:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: More so with the first two, especially if you throw in "drag queen". Transgender distinguishes itself with the huge difference of actually considering yourself the other gender, usually completely publicly while the other two can be and often are more private.

They just claim to be the opposite sex.

Hard to claim to be a women with a hog dangling though.....

Just more stuff for people to grasp onto to make themselves feel special is all.
(09-01-2015, 01:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They just claim to be the opposite sex.

Just more stuff for people to grasp onto to make themselves feel special is all.

Or to make them feel normal to themselves.

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-01-2015, 01:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They just claim to be the opposite sex.

False, they identify as the opposite gender. There's a difference betweens sex and gender. Since gender is a social construct, the "hog" doesn't diminish from their choice.

It's all just a big attention grab to try to steal the spotlight from straight white males, I tells ya!  Anyways, since offensive is the costume go-to for anyone who doesn't want to dress like a huge slut I think I'll carry a Bible around and wear a shirt that says "Delusional ******" on it. Ninja
(09-01-2015, 08:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: Or to make them feel normal to themselves.

Rolleyes

To feel normal to yourself wouldn't need someone else to stroke you.

You either feel normal to yourself or you don't. Nothing anyone else does outside of you will make a difference.

How I feel about myself doesn't change no matter what anyone calls me. It's called being confident in yourself. No one else can give you confidence. You have to develop it inside.
(09-01-2015, 08:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: False, they identify as the opposite gender. There's a difference betweens sex and gender. Since gender is a social construct, the "hog" doesn't diminish from their choice.

My daughter's were identifying as the sisters from Frozen. They ran around putting spells on us. So we let this go and let them run around doing this until it just became too much and we put a stop to it and made them use their names.

Now the difference between my kids and these transexuals is that my kids are 5 and 7 and can still play make believe, we also didn't allow this to go too far. Why are we allowing adults to play make believe?

By today's feel good mentality of the public they would have me allowing my daughters to be the frozen sisters. They would probably get even militant if I had a son who participated.
(09-02-2015, 01:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: My daughter's were identifying as the sisters from Frozen.  They ran around putting spells on us.   So we let this go and let them run around doing this until it just became too much and we put a stop to it and made them use their names.  

Now the difference between my kids and these transexuals is that my kids are 5 and 7 and can still play make believe, we also didn't allow this to go too far.     Why are we allowing adults to play make believe?  

By today's feel good mentality of the public they would have me allowing my daughters to be the frozen sisters.   They would probably get even militant if I had a son who participated.

The fact that you can't or won't separate this from children pretending to be characters from a movie just makes me want to allow you to continue to pretend you understand the intricacies of the complex world around you.
(09-02-2015, 02:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The fact that you can't or won't separate this from children pretending to be characters from a movie just makes me want to allow you to continue to pretend you understand the intricacies of the complex world around you.

They think they are someone else. As do transexuals.... People climb into altered reality for various reasons. Maybe they are just having fun, maybe they wanna be princess sisters, maybe they wanna be the opposite sex because they want attention.

Who knows. The mind is a wonderful thing. When we aren't happy with our current lives or just wanting to explore ... it allows us to pretend to be someone else.