Lions win
17.24%
10 17.24%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions Game Prediction Thread
I know it's only Monday afternoon, but as one of the few, if not only, avowed Lions fans here (in Coltsfan's memory, you could say I do "respect" them), I'll hope you'll allow me the honor of starting this thread. There are hints of expected outcomes and a few scores in other threads, but let's make it official here - with a poll, no less!

So, please vote and then list your score prognostication below. Also, I humbly request that future prediction threads also include a poll to predict the winner. It's an easy way to get the board's feelings with just a glance.

Edit: forgot to include the score. It's going to be closer than it should be, but still a win. And, since this team has scored above 24 points in regulation only 8 out of Zac's 37 games, I see that trend continuing.

Bengals 24
Lions 20
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Lions stink. We win. Jaguars game 2.0 at worst, blowout get right game at best.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lions have been very Close and will likely get that Win Soon

24-21
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lions stink. We win. Jaguars game 2.0 at worst, blowout get right game at best.

But...but...you didn't vote.

[Image: sad-cat.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I will say this much if the Bengals go to Detroit and lose on Sunday, all this enthusiasm and excitement around the team that has been building will go right out the window yet another year.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: But...but...you didn't vote.

[Image: sad-cat.jpg]

Pat Buchanan
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pat Buchanan

Is he playing guard Sunday?
Reply/Quote
Can this be the game or offense finally breaks 30+ points?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This is a MUST-WIN game for the Bengals in order to be 0.500 against the NFC North. Detroit is horrible; worse than Jacksonville even. Still, they fought the Ravens hard for four quarters and Baltimore only won because of Justin Tucker’s 66 yard record setting field goal.

The Lions lack talent but they play with lots of energy and physicality. The Bengals must bring their “A game” or it’s going to be a massacre in Motown.

Prediction? It’s a toss-up for me. I sense a trap game.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 04:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is a MUST-WIN game for the Bengals in order to be 0.500 against the NFC North.  Detroit is horrible; worse than Jacksonville even.  Still, they fought the Ravens hard for four quarters and Baltimore only won because of Justin Tucker’s 66 yard record setting field goal.  

The Lions lack talent but they play with lots of energy and physicality.  The Bengals must bring their “A game” or it’s going to be a massacre in Motown.

Prediction?  It’s a toss-up for me.  I sense a trap game.

I also worry about Dan Campbell having that breakdown in front of the cameras.  Seems to me the coach being reduced to tears would happen before one of two distinct outcomes:

1) The wheels completely fall off
2) The team rallies to win one for the coach

Hope I'm wrong, but I can visualize the team handing him a game ball come Sunday afternoon.  It's a perfect made-for-TV moment.
Reply/Quote
Just like the Jaguars were, the Lions are better than their record makes them look. They beat Baltimore in every universe that doesn't see that 66 yard kick doink over (or the 4th and 19 to be converted just prior or the delay of game to be ignored).

The Bengals are a much better team and should be able to handle them. It's a road game though, and the Lions aren't going to roll over and die -- especially not with that motorcycle helmet lunatic (meant in an endearing way) coaching them. I voted for the Bengals. I agree though that if they don't find a way to win this game, even if only by a single point, then the outlook of this season takes a nosedive.
Reply/Quote
This is a game where Cincy needs to come
Out win by a couple scores. Show you
Are the better team. Dont let the Lions hang around
And have hope. Destroy that hope early.
Dominate from the opening KO.

I think Chase goes off and the pass rush finds itself
Again.
Bengals 31 Lions 14
Reply/Quote
I predict this game will be closer then anyone around here wants it to be. The Lions have been getting better across their last three games playing the Ravens close (19-17), then the Bears (24-14 on the road) and then the Vikings (19-17) who won on a walk off FG.

Goff is not good, but the rest of the team on offense is starting to come together. The have a good pass catching RB in Swift that will annoy the Bengals all day. Add in the high quality TE T.J. Hockenson and the solid up and coming rookie WR Amon-Ra St. Brown and this will be more of a game then people will want.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bengals 27-13
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 03:52 PM)GodFather Wrote: I will say this much if the Bengals go to Detroit and lose on Sunday, all this enthusiasm and excitement around the team that has been building will go right out the window yet another year.

For sure.
The Bengals have given fans optimism of finally turning things around after the win against the Steelers and the close game against the Packers (despite the loss).
If they lose to someone like the Lions or Jets, the pessimism will creep back in.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 05:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For sure.
The Bengals have given fans optimism of finally turning things around after the win against the Steelers and the close game against the Packers (despite the loss).
If they lose to someone like the Lions or Jets, the pessimism will creep back in.

I’m not a fan of Bill Belichick but in his heyday he had the Patriots prepared for the Super Bowl every week of the season. That’s how you create a winning franchise. Zac Taylor needs to prepare against the hapless Lions like he was game planning to face the Arizona Cardinals.

That was Marvin Lewis’ downfall too. He treated the postseason like it was something supernatural instead of just game planning and preparing for a normal game.

I’m not going to lie; I miss Marvin right now. No, I don’t want him back but in hindsight I can appreciate all he did. Marvin never lost to the Lions and, in fact, the Lions haven’t beaten the Bengals since 1992.
Reply/Quote
Bengals beat the Lions down. Zac is considered a good coach, by some, and the O-Line is all of a sudden All-Pros.

If we lose, fire Zac Taylor. Actually, if we win by less than 10 points, fire Taylor. Just to be sure, fire him now.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 04:24 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I predict this game will be closer then anyone around here wants it to be. The Lions have been getting better across their last three games playing the Ravens close (19-17), then the Bears (24-14 on the road) and then the Vikings (19-17) who won on a walk off FG.

Goff is not good, but the rest of the team on offense is starting to come together. The have a good pass catching RB in Swift that will annoy the Bengals all day. Add in the high quality TE T.J. Hockenson and the solid up and coming rookie WR Amon-Ra St. Brown and this will be more of a game then people will want.

Interesting matchup will be Sewell VS Trey .  From my limited observation on Sewell and not knowing his PFF grades, he has been very solid

Reply/Quote
Bengals 27-20.Don’t believe this game will be a blowout.The Lions are a very scrappy team.I think it will be closer than most people think.Wouldn’t even be surprised if this went into overtime as well.But I give the Bengals the win.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 06:03 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not a fan of Bill Belichick but in his heyday he had the Patriots prepared for the Super Bowl every week of the season.  That’s how you create a winning franchise.  Zac Taylor needs to prepare against the hapless Lions like he was game planning to face the Arizona Cardinals.  

That was Marvin Lewis’ downfall too.  He treated the postseason like it was something supernatural instead of just game planning and preparing for a normal game.

I’m not going to lie; I miss Marvin right now.  No, I don’t want him back but in hindsight I can appreciate all he did.  Marvin never lost to the Lions and, in fact, the Lions haven’t beaten the Bengals since 1992.

On the contrary, we've literally seen Marvin's speeches to the team going into playoff games. He often preached that they need to treat like any other game.

As for Taylor, I've not been given the impression he prepares differently for certain games vs others. I just think he's inconsistent as a playcaller. Some games/drives, the offense does really well, but then there are times it's just completely dull and predictable.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote